Fury offers to train AJ to beat Usyk - for free

aries

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I saw this interview and right at the start Fury offers to train Joshua how to beat Usyk, for free. He says that he thinks Joshua would definitely beat Usyk if him and Sugar Hill trained him. The rest of the interview is Tyson talking about his training camp and other things. Could of course just be the usual Fury BS.

Fury is such a snake Id have an order of protection against him if I was AJ

There is no way two big time potential opponents would train out of the same camp, it's just such a conflict of interest that you can't take such an offer seriously

Fury - the type of guy who beats you, then trains you for the rematch in order to make the fight more competitive.

Reminds of the scene in "White men can't jump" where Sidney and Billy have a bet over dunking going on, and Sidney tries to help Billy to win the bet, because he knows he can't do it without him.

Fury - the type of guy who beats you, then trains you for the rematch in order to make the fight more competitive.

Reminds of the scene in "White men can't jump" where Sidney and Billy have a bet over dunking going on, and Sidney tries to help Billy to win the bet, because he knows he can't do it without him.

Billy Hoe!
I’m going watch that movie tonight

Shit talker gonna shit talk.
I hate trash talk, but if you are going to promote yourself and promote fights this is way to do it. He is “shit” talking and not talking shit about opponent, like many other boxers do.

Fury- Id rather fight AJ than Usyk
I dont think he is afraid of Usyk, rather, 'what makes dollars makes sense'. He and John have been open about this, and even Shane Fury said he was 'sad' when Usyk won, as it hurt the AJ Fury super fight. AJ needs to win that one back vs Usyk to make that fight as huge as it would have been. Us fight fans want Fury Usyk, but the casuals don't.

Last edited:
I dont think he is afraid of Usyk, rather, 'what makes dollars makes sense'. He and John have been open about this, and even Shane Fury said he was 'sad' when Usyk won, as it hurt the AJ Fury super fight. AJ needs to win that one back vs Usyk to make that fight as huge as it would have been. Us fight fans want Fury Usyk, but the casuals don't.
I didnt say he was afraid of anyone.
In fairness, at this point I'd guess any of the top pros would rather fight AJ than anybody else. Eye test and all.
Ya, and no fighter wants to lose to a smaller guy.

I didnt say he was afraid of anyone.

Ya, and no fighter wants to lose to a smaller guy.
I know you did not, was just adding my to cents on the situation. Tyson definitely does want that AJ red panty night.

I don't think he's afraid but I think he recognizes Usyk is by far the most skilled and technical HW of this era. Fury is always slyly demeaning or talking about Usyk like he isn't much of a factor. Fury is well aware Usyk is by far the biggest threat to his claim as the best heavy of this era.

I wouldn't doubt it. He's going to lose out on a lot of money if Joshua blows it against Usyk.

Back