Fury is the greatest HW fighter since Lennox

A comparison of CVs and an assessment of who would win head-to-head can produce different results.

There is no better demonstration of this concept than simply looking back at the results of fights. The guy with the better CV is not always the winner.

I think it wasn’t that Wald’s competition was really weak it was more like he and his brother were making them look bad. Both Wald and Vitali were on par with many of the all time greats.

In terms or record or resume as you lot seem to like to call it, Fury isn't even in front of AJ.
Who is Furys 3rd best win over? Christian Hammer or Dereck Chisora and if they're your 3rd/4th best wins then you can't claim to be a great.

Vitali would kick the shit out of Fury.

Not too confident about that. Vitali would have trouble to move with Fury.

You either beat Vitali by fighting him force to force (like Lennox did), or by timing him by boxing off the back foot, which Herbie Hide was executing perfectly in the 1st round. I think Fury could absolutely do the latter.

If it gets sluggish at mid range , we know that Fury can do that too as seen against Wilder.

At close range I would give the edge to Fury. Vitali was a brutal hooker on the inside, but Fury can actually box on the inside.

So all that considered, plus Fury's size, we have a pretty even match in which I personally would pick Fury to come out on top. Vitali was great at smacking opponents around that were a head smaller than him.

On resume, then Wlad, he literally ruled with a steelhammer (not literal, but fucking hard hands). One on one, Fury is competitive with pretty much any fighter that lived (prime for prime). But since LL, then Wlad easy, again depending on criteria.

Its obviously Wlad but he was horrible to watch. Fury's made more of a splash.

Pulev is 6-3/4...
We really going to pretend this is some significant size advantage or the reason he won?

nhTLEbHLUHWOV7ESAOGlvOkx2hHqSnfQcMRB15tVOfXZbcx3Xk5Ss1Ga2sHxHPKkNyMfivL-EQ_1wlgpTWta-4caX7BkCyivQO6IjdAr_qfknAsJHCgD2zoxq1jAPVywWc00LuUfmVbwpVvnMSuDl7xhugq7s4FG65WN5N1xox8

Not too confident about that. Vitali would have trouble to move with Fury.

You either beat Vitali by fighting him force to force (like Lennox did), or by timing him by boxing off the back foot, which Herbie Hide was executing perfectly in the 1st round. I think Fury could absolutely do the latter.

If it gets sluggish at mid range , we know that Fury can do that too as seen against Wilder.

At close range I would give the edge to Fury. Vitali was a brutal hooker on the inside, but Fury can actually box on the inside.

So all that considered, plus Fury's size, we have a pretty even match in which I personally would pick Fury to come out on top. Vitali was great at smacking opponents around that were a head smaller than him.
Fury is big and awkward and moves well, especially for his size, but hes not incredibly hard to land on.

Hed be forced to fight Vitali, and while battering Wilder was impressive, Wilder is no Vitali.

We can say all this we want about the Klits bros beating smaller fighters but the fact is there just arent a lot of guys bigger than them and also better than them. And how is it that Fury doesnt get the same criticism....? There just arent a lot of giants out there who are also top notch boxers.

I’m not a wlad fan, but his resume is better than Fury’s.

When speaking of "The Greatest" we can also take into account charisma, eye test, impact, entertainment value and cultural importance. Fury > Klitschko in all but (probably) resume.

“Eye test” is just another way of saying “my favorite.” How many guys have looked good but not panned out? Happens all the time. Let people accomplish things before giving them credit for accomplishing them.

“Eye test” is just another way of saying “my favorite.” How many guys have looked good but not panned out? Happens all the time. Let people accomplish things before giving them credit for accomplishing them.

I think it means cartoon suits are better than Capri pants.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back