Fury is the greatest HW fighter since Lennox

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Yep I rate him over Wlad and Vitali as well. He gives any ATG HW a complicated/competitive fight

No way has he accomplished more than Wlad. Not even close.

Which is still B- fighters....ggg of heavyweights
Thats not true at all. He fought the best guys in his class. Povetkin, Ibragimov, Haye,Byrd, Peter, Chagaev and Chambers were all top ranked heavyweights. Thats just off the top of my head.

Thats not true at all. He fought the best guys in his class. Povetkin, Ibragimov, Haye,Byrd, Peter, Chagaev and Chambers were all top ranked heavyweights. Thats just off the top of my head.
Those are all B-

Except Haye but at hw...meh

They may have been ranked but its an underwhelming list.

You can say you think he'd beat them head to head (I don't think hardly anyone would pick him over a prime Vitali and a majority would still struggle to see him beating a prime Wlad), but his resume really isn't even close to Wlad's. Fury has fought two guys who were rated in the top 10 in his career.

When speaking of "The Greatest" we can also take into account charisma, eye test, impact, entertainment value and cultural importance. Fury > Klitschko in all but (probably) resume.

He ruled a whole era. Literally. It’s way too early to say the same about Fury.
I didn't say anything about Fury whatsoever

I like Fury as a boxer but no his record is not equal to Wlad. Fury has just Wilder, Old Wlad and Chisora. Wlad had Pulev, Povetkin, Haye, Peter, Chagaev and Rahman. Fury clearly needs a few more names on his resume. Even if he beats Wilder a third time and dominates Joshua that's not enough. And I think he'll retire after fighting AJ.

Did wilder beat Wlad’s record for most title defenses in a single reign. 10?

Back