Fun fact: Aldo went 25-0 to start his FW career

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
Aldo is the fw goat. He became a little bit too annoying with his delusion of being unbeaten after gettin ktfo but now he understands that he in fact lost and that doesnt take away shit from his legacy. Hespect.

I think Aldo loses to Conor and Max at any point in his career.

No disrespect to the man. He's had by far the best FW career we've seen yet and is one of the greats of the sport. But that's MMA. Everyone has a weakness, and Aldo's is long, tall strikers.

Aldo losing to Connor and Max is the natural cycle of MMA. The old have to lose to the new. Aldo is without a doubt a legend of the sport but you'll only hold the belt for so long when you got new breeds of killers coming into your division.

Crazy, a past prime Aldo with 28+ fights and 13+ years of fighting (including amateur career) was still able to go toe to toe with the young killer Max Holloway twice. Who also happens to be oversized as hell and should be at LW.

He went out on his shield twice with a true warrior/GOAT mentality too. No giving up his neck, no tapping to strikes.

Max has also never been the same since these wars. Hasn’t made it to his last three scheduled fights....Imagine how good Prime Aldo vs Holloway would’ve been.
Great post.

His prime was in the WEC and he already showed signs of slowing in his UFC run. By the time Conor and Holloway got to him he was past it and looked physically different.
He was more excting the WEC, but I don't think he was better at all. He still looks great physically.

He was more excting the WEC, but I don't think he was better at all. He still looks great physically.

So many people have that view and I just wonder what they're watching

He's not a violent finisher like WEC Aldo, but Frankie, Chad etc. are also better than Mike Brown and FW Faber. If the level of competition was the same he probably still would have been KOing guys

UFC Aldo would beat WEC Aldo if they fought. 50-45, and he'd do it easily, the way he beat guys like Lamas and KZ in cruise control

So many people have that view and I just wonder what they're watching

He's not a violent finisher like WEC Aldo, but Frankie, Chad etc. are also better than Mike Brown and FW Faber. If the level of competition was the same he probably still would have been KOing guys

UFC Aldo would beat WEC Aldo if they fought. 50-45, and he'd do it easily, the way he beat guys like Lamas and KZ in cruise control

I'm mostly with you on this, but there's an argument his game has become more one-dimensional as the years and miles and injury after injury after Nova Uniao sparring session after Nova Uniao sparring seasion after hard weight cut after hard weight cut have taken their toll.

The earlier point about his decision to trade with Max rather than mix in takedowns (until he was already winded) as he used to do against strikers is one part of that. His reduced kicking game is another.

I remember after Conor fought Chad, Aldo saying in an interview that Chad had exposed Conor's TDD and grappling as subpar. That had Chad not been over-aggressive on top Conor never would have gotten back up. As a Conor fan this stuck with me, because Aldo used to have killer takedowns himself and a better top game than Chad.

Fortunately for Conor, it seems Aldo had decided by fight time he wanted to take on the Irishman at his own game.

I'm mostly with you on this, but there's an argument his game has become more one-dimensional as the years and miles and injury after injury after Nova Uniao sparring session after Nova Uniao sparring seasion after hard weight cut after hard weight cut have taken their toll.

The earlier point about his decision to trade with Max rather than mix in takedowns (until he was already winded) as he used to do against strikers is one part of that. His reduced kicking game is another.

I remember after Conor fought Chad, Aldo saying in an interview that Chad had exposed Conor's TDD and grappling as subpar. That had Chad not been over-aggressive on top Conor never would have gotten back up. As a Conor fan this stuck with me, because Aldo used to have killer takedowns himself and a better top game than Chad.

I'm not so much saying current Aldo> WEC Aldo (although I do think that) but more, the Aldo who fought Frankie and Chad the first time. That Aldo was definitely the best.

Aldo didn't try and take down Max because he thought he was winning before he gassed. Which in the first fight he definitely was and in the second he debatably was. Once he started losing exchanges (got tired) he started shooting. But Aldo always had questionable cardio if you could push him. Just most guys couldn't manage to. He didn't take Conor down because he got KO'd before he had the chance to try

The WEC version was so much less developed, the peak UFC Aldo would have made him look silly

he wasn't past his prime, prove it
Jeremy Stephans almost KO'd Aldo with hellacious uppercuts along the fence, Aldo may have got the win but the Aldo that fought Edgar and mendes would have never been in danger like that against Stephans. He's definitely not as quick as before.

He beat a bunch of scrubs in a third world promotion, was handed the title in the UFC without even fighting for it and beat a few midget wrestlers by decision. He ducked more fights then he ever finished. And then got his ass beat by two fighters that were way better than him. Yet he will always be worshipped by fanboy Shertards. That is his legacy.

his pro fight career he lost his 8th fight via submission

He beat a bunch of scrubs in a third world promotion, was handed the title in the UFC without even fighting for it and beat a few midget wrestlers by decision. He ducked more fights then he ever finished. And then got his ass beat by two fighters that were way better than him. Yet he will always be worshipped by fanboy Shertards. That is his legacy.
These midgets he fought were top contenders and dominating everybody else. Edgar literally mauled everybody and Mendes was running through people with ease. To discredit his wins is arrogant, Aldo looked unstoppable.

Going 35-0 and not lasting 35 seconds is quite the achievement. Def GOAT

9 title defenses > 0 title defenses
100 million+ > 9 defenses. When will people get that this is sports entertainment prize fighting. The whole counting defenses means shit to a fighter who is trying to get rich off this game. The fucking company sold for 4 BILLION while top fighters are making under 100k to show. Fighters have no fucking obligation to take risky title defenses for the fans and their "legacy" when at the end the day those defenses arent buying them houses and paying for their childrens children to have a cormfortable life.

This isnt the fucking olympics, this is two people locked in a cage trying to take each others conscienceness or break each others limbs.

Aldo fuckin owned people. He got boring in the UFC because he was so much better than anyone. Nobody could push him. Chad managed to do it and that was probably the best fight in FW history. Shame he fought conor so late and on a year layoff. Conor is always a tough matchup for him tho , but if you remember watching Aldos rise his speed and leg kicks couldve been a huge problem. Although conors size and countering was too.

FW GOAT

He caught a terrible break with McGregor. It could've just been his GSP-Matt Serra moment... he could have come back and regained the belt... but Conor blew up and he got put on the backburner of the division and the rest is history

Aldo is potentially the goat depending on if he takes a loss to anyone outside a title fight

100 million+ > 9 defenses. When will people get that this is sports entertainment prize fighting. The whole counting defenses means shit to a fighter who is trying to get rich off this game. The fucking company sold for 4 BILLION while top fighters are making under 100k to show. Fighters have no fucking obligation to take risky title defenses for the fans and their "legacy" when at the end the day those defenses arent buying them houses and paying for their childrens children to have a cormfortable life.

This isnt the fucking olympics, this is two people locked in a cage trying to take each others conscienceness or break each others limbs.

Never understood why Conor fans always bring up money... what is this a rap song? No one gives a shit how much money a guy they'll never meet has. They care about the fights they can actually see.

Also... His money was almost entirely made in a boxing match in which he was the B side and there are many boxers who have outearned him, so settle down.

This isnt the fucking olympics, this is .

Eh with money sure. 100million > anything in any circumstance.

Im talking title defenses tho were champ is locked in with a contender in a cage trying to take his conscienceness or break his limbs > 0 title defenses

Last edited:
His prime was in the WEC and he already showed signs of slowing in his UFC run. By the time Conor and Holloway got to him he was past it and looked physically different.

No he didn't, he still looked amazing after the Conor loss against Frankie. Aldo just became a point fighter in the UFC is all and he eventually ran into a better fight in Max. Aldo still looks good, stop trying to diminish Aldo to put down Holloway and McGregor.

Back