Full Camp Mendes

nac386

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think that it is a shame that we did not get a chance to see a full camp Mendes. He was a last minute replacement, giving him a very short amount of time to make his weight cut and to prepare for his opponent.

Granted, his opponent was always going to be the superior striker, coming from a boxing background. So, regardless of how much preparation time Mendes had, he was going to be at a disadvantage on his feet. But being the more experienced ground fighter could have been the equalizer, and may have even won him the fight.

I understand it is a business. His opponent was riding a win-streak, had a ton of support in the crowd, and had gained a lot of attention with his aggressive behavior on TUF. For those reasons, they were never going to postpone the matchup. But I think we will see a much better conditioned Mendes when he has a full camp.

And at least he does not have all those stupid tattoos.

Terrible thread.

Just because you think it doesn't mean you need to make a thread about it.

Terrible thread.

Just because you think it doesn't mean you need to make a thread about it.

This is a good point. You are a great thinker. Might have missed the spoiler though.

Last edited:
We already saw full camp Mendes:

WhisperedWhirlwindLangur.gif

Now he's back to

logo.png

Hes been kod 2xs in 2 fights. He doesnt need a full camp. He needs a break.

McGregor also had a very short time to prepare for his new opponent.

mendes should retire. plain and simple. he is way past his prime.'

"we are not just here to take part, we are here to take over"

-Conor McGregor, aka notorious, aka the notorious one, aka mystic mac, aka McGoat, aka god himself.

Hes been kod 2xs in 2 fights. He doesnt need a full camp. He needs a break.
A little early for a break, isn't it? He is 0-1, and a BJJ champ. I'm sure he can bounce back.

With better cardio, Chad may have beaten Conor. Mendes gave up position multiple times to attempt to finish the fight, which is incredibly uncharacteristic of his fight style.

Frankie had his way with Mendes and there really wasn't a whole lot he could've done to change it though.

McGregor also had a very short time to prepare for his new opponent.

mendes should retire. plain and simple. he is way past his prime.'

"we are not just here to take part, we are here to take over"

-Conor McGregor, aka notorious, aka the notorious one, aka mystic mac, aka McGoat, aka god himself.

He is not even in Conor's weight class.

I look at Cody and itch thinking how uncomfortable it must be to always have a turtle neck on.

Shame how many just respond to your title and don't bother to read your thread. Well done sherbro

Mendes was doing a lot better on the feet than Conor was on the ground, that's for sure.

Nice one ts!

Worst part is, people still haven't figured out you're talking about a Mendes without a wiki page that fought yesterday priceless :')

Back