• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fuel to Become Fox Sports 2; FX Will No Longer Carry Sports

Have fuel, don't have speed, what the fuck ever at this point.

Just please be in HD.

I don't get Fuel in HD and that really sucks!

How is it better? FUEL changes its name and probably gets less UFC programing and they're being kicked off of FX (which most people have) and put on the old SPEED channel which is in less homes than FX.

Fuel changes its name to a real sports network, gets more real sports which means more providers pick up the network.

UFC goes from FX to Speed which is less homes but many many, 99 mill to 86 million homes and the chances are good Speed/FS1 will get into more homes with the sports they will have.

lets be honest the UFC didnt exactly fit in great with FX and its content, they got TUF, some fight nights and PPV prelims, they didnt get any of the shoulder programming. It just didnt feel right on FX.

Plus lets not act like because they were on a legit network like FX and could get promoted during great series like Sons or Justified that millions more people would watch the UFC because their numbers went down, TUF went down, Fight nights went down. Part of that is because of being on Friday but part of it is because it didnt fit on FX.

Being on two sports networks that have baseball, college football, nascar, soccer etc you will get sports fans, men, the demo you are trying to get will be watching that network.

Is it better having Spiderman 2 as your lead in on FX or a baseball game on Fox Sports?

Who knows how this will play out but Fox appears to be ready to move as a competitor to ESPN, they are gonna push these sports networks hard, they are gonna get FS2 into more homes, the UFC will be along side major sports, I think its a good thing honestly.

We'll see how it plays out, maybe it wont be good but I think this is about the next 5 years not the next 6 months.

Fuel changes its name to a real sports network, gets more real sports which means more providers pick up the network.

UFC goes from FX to Speed which is less homes but many many, 99 mill to 86 million homes and the chances are good Speed/FS1 will get into more homes with the sports they will have.

lets be honest the UFC didnt exactly fit in great with FX and its content, they got TUF, some fight nights and PPV prelims, they didnt get any of the shoulder programming. It just didnt feel right on FX.

Plus lets not act like because they were on a legit network like FX and could get promoted during great series like Sons or Justified that millions more people would watch the UFC because their numbers went down, TUF went down, Fight nights went down. Part of that is because of being on Friday but part of it is because it didnt fit on FX.

Being on two sports networks that have baseball, college football, nascar, soccer etc you will get sports fans, men, the demo you are trying to get will be watching that network.

Is it better having Spiderman 2 as your lead in on FX or a baseball game on Fox Sports?

Who knows how this will play out but Fox appears to be ready to move as a competitor to ESPN, they are gonna push these sports networks hard, they are gonna get FS2 into more homes, the UFC will be along side major sports, I think its a good thing honestly.

We'll see how it plays out, maybe it wont be good but I think this is about the next 5 years not the next 6 months.

if fuel(fs2) moves to regualr cable programming I will be happy since I already have speed(fs1), so I hope your theory doesn't dissapoint me

you're a douche bag. Did you know that?

No he's exactly right. There's really nothing that confusing about this switch and they are doing it for the better of everyone.

Plus a whole bunch of dumbasses were confused when UFC left Spike for FX. FX is a more popular, respected channel for adults and a whole bunch of UFC fans had no idea what it was, got confused by spikes repeat UFC programming, and just decided to stay watching dumb shit on Spike instead of search out what channel the UFC is on.

I must say as someone whose become a pretty big fan of soccer over the past few years that sucks about Fox soccer. No more premier league games? I actually have fox soccer 1 & 2. They're both going?

I hope they will unblock all their youtube videos because is fuck*** annoying that i can t watch the majority of the videos because i dont live in USA

Over time this probably works out better for the UFC. Now they have a smaller network with another draw to it, other main stream sports that is (on Fox Sports 2), in which they can develop the future guys and give hard cores more MMA content, but at the same time they have Fox Sports 1 which is in almost as many homes as FX and at a good place on the dial - Also the UFC should have way more of a presence on FS 1 than they did on F/X - so that is more exposure overall, since F/X limits presence to just live fights.

We'll see where TUF ends up in all this

Well, that sucks. I liked UFC on FX.

FuelTV sucks, I don't even get that shit in HD.

Exactly - This may even be something considered from the start of the contract. The F/X stuff isn't working, it's almost like fights on AMC - They need the homes for live shows, but they need allot of exposure for hype programming and highlight stuff. This should work out better over the course of time. In the meantime Bellator probably gets some good numbers, but in the long race this is a great move.

How is it better? FUEL changes its name and probably gets less UFC programing and they're being kicked off of FX (which most people have) and put on the old SPEED channel which is in less homes than FX.

if you can't see the big picture im sorry for you! They are doing this to get more providers to pick these up! Everything is not a conspiracy against you! Less time on the tin foil hats and more time on more important things

if you can't see the big picture im sorry for you! They are doing this to get more providers to pick these up! Everything is not a conspiracy against you! Less time on the tin foil hats and more time on more important things

... You sound a little off. Anyway when I tell my friends UFC is on FX they know where to go. Maybe a few years down the road FS1 is huge... but maybe it won't be.

Things seem to be changing a lot more over to the UK model of Sky Sports, watch Fox try to gobble up all the decent sport on to general sports channels in the future.

... You sound a little off. Anyway when I tell my friends UFC is on FX they know where to go. Maybe a few years down the road FS1 is huge... but maybe it won't be.

Alpha I get your point I was very stoked to have fights on FX don't get me wrong! To get my beloved mma to the legit sport status we all want we need our sport to be on legit sports channels. FX is not it sry to say, neither is fuel. I just want this fox deal to work out

It's most definitely a worse arrangement for UFC in the interim. They're going to have to take time helping build a channel again rather than picking up where others left off. It could help in the long run because they'd gain more flexibility on a channel than at FX. We'll have to see how it works out, but it's bad for the fighters and org at the beginning. Viewers will have to find them and get in a habit of watching a channel. It hasn't really worked yet with NBC Sports.

What they are doing is trying not to confuse people by having sports on all different networks, they are moving all sports programming to their two sports networks now.

It will put UFC programming and baseball and nascar and soccer and college football, all their sports properties onto two sports networks.

Fox Sports 1 and 2, just like ESPn and ESPn 2.

It appears to make more sense that way..instead of confusing people by having entertainment, then suddenly UFC. Have all the sports fan tune into one or two channels specific to sports.

btw jesus this thread shows the amount of dumb asses that are on this site. Speed is already in almost twice as many homes as fuel. Nothing is moving to fuel it's moving off of fuel to a channel in more homes.

I guess now I understand why so many sherdoggers loved Spike and their programming for trailer park hicks and why so many people bitch about having to change the channel.

Jesus the American school system is a joke. Thank god I went to school in NY which actually has some type of education system.

It seems like you are the dumbass who can't read....

UFC on FX is going to Speed/Fox Sports 1

UFC on Fuel is going to Fox Sports 2

Unless they change contracts with providers this actually means that the UFC will be in 11 million less homes because FX was in 11 million more homes than Speed. And Fuel is simply changing its name....

The plan, as it stands, is for the Speed Channel

Why do people think that providers are now gonna pay more to carry these channels? All they did was rename Fuel to Fox Sports 2 and move FX sports programming onto the Speed channel and rename it Fox Sports 1....

I guess Fox thinks that these multi-billion dollar cable companies are gonna pay to carry extra channels when all they done was shuffle around programming and change the names of the channels. :rolleyes:

Also many are already saying that they expect the bulk of the UFC programming to be on Fox Sports 2.... Makes sense considering that the UFC has no future events scheduled to be on FX and 3 already scheduled to be on Fuel.

Back