Frustrated by the people who don't pay attention to old rules vs new rules

Well I don't think anyone knew that and you probably just watched the latest Luke Thomas video explaining it I would bet.

Very retarded of different states to use different rule sets. Imagine how much of a joke that would be in any other sport? Yeah, it would be a fucking travesty / farce.

Passing TDs in California count for 14 points. <BronTroll1>

No, I didn't. You have to be ignorant to not have heard the commentators explicit state at the beginning of the card that it is under old rules. In fact, they frequently referred to it.

No, I didn't. You have to be ignorant to not have heard the commentators explicit state at the beginning of the card that it is under old rules. In fact, they frequently referred to it.

My bad, I tried to tune out Rogan, Anik, and Cruz as much as possible.

At the very least there should be control which he did not. Never mind never actually doing any type of damage with those 'takedowns" Those were more like attempts since he never really held him down.

But oh well - excuses. Well he's pulsing PEDs from 2yrs ago. It's the ref's fault for not warning him about extended fingers, etc. . .

Never mind the ultra bias commenting that was bordering on setting up for the BS decision.

He had octagon control, an important factor in the old rules.

2nd) Not relevant, damage is only relevant to new rules.

Nobody looks at this as a sport.

Under no version of the UFC rules did this scoring make sense. The criteria has changed over the years but it has always been a 10 point must system.

My recollection of the worst days of UFC, when everyone shot at 4:30 of the round because it would automatically steal you the round, was that even in those dark times, you had to at least maintain top control until the horn.

People want to distort mma to envision Jones losing. It is what it is. By any basic rule of combat if you come to take the belt, dont hurt the champ and run for your life at the end YOU GET NOTHING. That's basic Man 101 rules. Even under the rules of mma Jon won with the takedowns and dictating the fight, along with octagon control. Amazing how many people will violate basic man rules and the rules of mma to give Jon an L. Reyes fought well but didnt earn the belt period
If you make use of the work ‘period’ more it’ll make your silly argument true

The fact that the "unified rules" aren't actually unified is peak UFC
Not sure you'd want the tail to wag the dog though. Unified rules make a lot of sense, but an organization telling each state's athletic commission how to do their job is also a recipe for disaster.

If you make use of the work ‘period’ more it’ll make your silly argument true
Apologies let me explain. If the champ still has the belt as you cry like a bitch, period is the best expression for the occasion. AND STILL... PERIOD

Hilarious, absolutely hilarious how desperate that idiot is. Wearing a fukking 3 piece suite on your first date. That's worse than desperate, that's a case of being a virgin and not being able to get a hooker. Complete retard. No wonder he started this thread.
fuck off

TS' excuse covers ONE fight in a night of weird decisions.

How does this explain the Latifi decision?

According to fight metric, he landed 3 TDs, to zero, and out struck his opponent.

Did the judges know of some obscure old rule, we all forgot to translate into the new rules?

According to fight metric, Jon landed less strikes than his opponent, both total and significant and failed on two TDs in the first three rounds.

But some how the effective TDs in the 4-5th won him a round in the first three?

The conclusion about new rules and TDs seems lazy to me.

I was one of the first posters in the pbp to say it could be even after 4 rounds, and it was nothing to do with his TDs

Last edited:
By all basic rules of MMA... If you win 3 out of 5 rounds, the belt changes hands. Period.

That's basic 101 rules

If you think Jones won 3 out of 5 I hear ya.

I thought Reyes had 3 out of 5

Nonetheless.... It was a great fight to watch and much fun.

It’s so strange to read objective and empathetic MMA criticism. I’m feeling dizzy

It matters, but I don't think it was ever intended to trump or even be equal to striking, grappling, and/or aggression. Control of space should be the LAST determining factor in who is winning.

We know for a fact at least one judge wasn't even watching the fights. But sure, old vs new rules is the problem.

I thought I read somewhere that there was "monitors" on the ground to give judges better viewing angles of the fight.........

Sounds like horse shit, but that is the current excuse that is running.

This is a sport.

When people say "Takedowns do no damage, therefore they shouldn't count" they forget that TX was following old rules.

And Octagon Control matters in old rules.

It does not matter what your opinions are. Under the new rules that is correct, under the old rules it is not.

Thanks.

At the beginning there were no rules.
Almost...no biting and no eye-gouging.

After all this time, some of the “top” fighters still eye poke on a regular basis.

Even with all that what is TS actually saying ? in the end don't we have:

1 - the takedowns happened in rounds 4 and 5 (we already gave those for Jones so moot point)

2 - the center of the octagon controlled / pushing forward is only accessed if we don't have a clear advantage for either fighter in terms of striking or grappling (Reyes had the better strikes for the first 3 rounds so again moot point)

I wasn't addressing the specifics of round-by-round actions. I was merely giving a (qualified) agreement to a basic concept: before you make a blanket statement of what the scoring rules are, make sure you know what they are in the state where the venue is. In other words not a comment about the fight or the judging, but about people who comment on them.

Back