1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Frustrated by the people who don't pay attention to old rules vs new rules

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by UFCBlackbelt, Feb 10, 2020.

1. UFCBlackbelt Green Belt

This is a sport.

When people say "Takedowns do no damage, therefore they shouldn't count" they forget that TX was following old rules.

And Octagon Control matters in old rules.

It does not matter what your opinions are. Under the new rules that is correct, under the old rules it is not.

Thanks.

2. Dragonslayer82 Banned Banned

Good for you, glad you got it off your chest mate. As long as you feel less lonely and more happier. Hope you can get some sleep tonight.

3. Gilday Silver Belt

The fact that the "unified rules" aren't actually unified is peak UFC

4. dim_ Steel Belt

Octagon control only matters of effective striking and grappling are equal

5. yookfarb Red Belt

How is it control when he isn't able to control reyes and hold position...

6. Al Stone Banned Banned

People want to distort mma to envision Jones losing. It is what it is. By any basic rule of combat if you come to take the belt, dont hurt the champ and run for your life at the end YOU GET NOTHING. That's basic Man 101 rules. Even under the rules of mma Jon won with the takedowns and dictating the fight, along with octagon control. Amazing how many people will violate basic man rules and the rules of mma to give Jon an L. Reyes fought well but didnt earn the belt period

7. Lukn4trbl Brown Belt

Thanks.

I'm gonna run around a ring for a while and get punched more than I return, then claim to win the fight.

Also, those rules are secondary to striking. Not primary.

The judges are fucking useless, just like this thread.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  8. No Skill Gap Brown Belt Platinum Member

Well I don't think anyone knew that and you probably just watched the latest Luke Thomas video explaining it I would bet.

Very retarded of different states to use different rule sets. Imagine how much of a joke that would be in any other sport? Yeah, it would be a fucking travesty / farce.

Passing TDs in California count for 14 points. <BronTroll1>

9. g*r*b Super-Stretch Elastic Waistband

I agree with the basic concept of your statement, but truthfully it's not easy to keep all the do-they-don't-theys straight. And if you miss the little statement at the beginning of a broadcast it's tricky to find out what the particular commission's stance is. Do you know an EZ-2-Read list? Can you provide a link?

10. No Skill Gap Brown Belt Platinum Member

So in your mind every fighter should be Leonard Garcia?

It's kind of baffling how you think footwork and circling are "pussy" and aren't useful in a fight. Movement isn't useful? And yet Jon Jones was the only fighter a la Holly Holm esque turning his back and running (which almost screwed him twice).

I'm a Jon Jones fan btw. I wanted Jones to win. I thought he lost 3-2, but I also think it very easily and probably...should have been just called a draw. Jones 3-2 is the biggest stretch out of the 3 outcomes imo, but still yeah it's not insane I guess.

Jones and GSP are the top two GOATs clearly, but Saturday night did nothing but bring GSP closer to the top. Jones already had the asterisk of almost certainly using PEDs, and GSP might have used them. But now Jones lost a fight, or very arguably lost a fight - and yes this is way different from Gus 1 or Santos where Jones won both fights even if they were close and sort of close.

11. 2004 account For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill Yellow Card

Wow way to conveniently focus on an insignificant detail in order to form your own narrative instead of just condemning the faults in the system to begin with.

So, you support the sport of mma having 2 different set of rules?

12. Al Stone Banned Banned

No clown I didnt make this rule that running from the champ while getting stalked and beaten in the last two rounds after causing no true damage will get you an L. I'm glad it exists though. Reyes didnt do enough to earn the belt (even though he fought well) and your tears are delicious

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  13. Mammothman Gold Belt

14. Jackonfire BMF Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

We know for a fact at least one judge wasn't even watching the fights. But sure, old vs new rules is the problem.

15. Zebra Cheeks 2 Cheeks And A Soda Staff Member Senior Moderator

Let’s be honest, after rogan called out that judge and there were 5 blown decisions on the night, whichever way this fight went it would be the great injustice of the year.

16. No Skill Gap Brown Belt Platinum Member

I guess Anderson Silva should have lost every decision in the UFC then. He was a counterstriker, not sure you know what that means considering your MMA IQ =

[​IMG]

Also bro...can you even read? Are you a Floyd Mayweather type? I'm implying illiterate btw. I said I was a Jones fan and rooting for Jones, so why are you talking about tears like some hack retard troll. You should be yellow carded for having an account from 2011 and knowing literally nothing about the sport of MMA. Embarrassing takes.

17. Dick Trickle White Belt

Do we know that for a fact, though? Funny how Joe Rogan is a terrible announcer who doesn't know what he's talking about until he suggests that the judge isn't watching for 30 seconds. Cruz even suggested that it may have been a commissioner. I wouldn't be so sure of Rogans assessment. The judging was still inexcusably bad, though - not defending that in the slightest.

18. Al Stone Banned Banned

You are wasting my motherfucking time and your mother's fucking time. Cry about that unearned belt to someone else. I'm laughing at you. AND STILL... ya bitch

19. smiles mma Brown Belt

i think Jones was the only one that can, actually turned his back and jogged to reset. i have to rewatch it, but i had reyes winning the first 3, Jones turned it up for the last 2, but that shouldn't change the fact reyes put it on him

20. Al Stone Banned Banned

Resetting to beautifully dodge a flurry and tire out your opponent vs spending two rounds gassed trying to avoid the fight while being stalked? If you think that is what a challenger should do to take a belt home we wont agree on much