Front Row Brian - "40+% of Reebok money goes to Fertittas/Dana"

FRB is almost always right. Who's lied more, him or Dana? You actually believe when Dana says the money goes to the fighters?!?

He was wrong like barely a week ago when he claimed UFC in Manila had 1/3rd of their tickets sold and they ultimately wound up having to open up seating due to ticket sales.

That's some low ball shit. As if the deal wasn't horrible enough for the fighters.

550x298_Kanye-West-loves-Kim-Kardashian-s-pregnancy-curves-3774.jpg

Hold yer horses there buddy, I wouldn't take anything FRB says as gospel.

FRB is almost always right. Who's lied more, him or Dana? You actually believe when Dana says the money goes to the fighters?!?

Im always confused when people say FRB is always wrong as well. There may be a minor detail thats wrong but the meat of the matter is typically spot on. Im much more impressed with a FRB post than a Ariel Helwani/UFC press release.

This was my exact prediction but people were taking dana for his word that UFC doesn't make a nickel off the Reebok deal and all all went to the fighters. I said Dana ate all the meat off them ribs and left the fighters table scraps. That's why he loves the deal so much and wants to keep it. He lined his pockets with millions then gave the fighters nickels and dimes.

lol, no he fucking isn't. He throws a lot of shit on the wall to see if it sticks. It's just that you only hear about the rare times/versions when he is proven right.

Sorry, until I see some kind of proof I will doubt that it goes directly to Dana and Fertitta. I thought there was a portion going to production costs or something, which I could see, but I highly doubt they are just pocketing it.

10% goes to production. Not sure if you're being serious or not given the very length history of shady things Dana and the Fertitas have done.

And Jon Jones had cocaine in his car when he crashed and killed that person.

not surprised in the least. didnt some fighter or someone claimed that over 40mil of Reebok's money was unaccounted for?

UFC is dying.

Wondering what comment you'd post

No, not dying but it's already peaked, it's not growing any more, perfect time for zuffa to sell up is just after ufc 200, they'd get a decent price if they are to sell now instead of selling up in another 10 years

It's all about $$$ and the mafia brothers know about that

Give me an actual response too method

The UFC is run by a 2nd generation Las Vegas mafia family and everyone is surprised that the fighters are getting a raw deal.. This is textbook operations for people like this and it has been this way for many decades..

lol, no he fucking isn't. He throws a lot of shit on the wall to see if it sticks. It's just that you only hear about the rare times/versions when he is proven right.

Why do you think Ariel and them hate him?? Cause he always comes out with fights and stories way before any of them. Do you follow him on Twitter? I have for a very long time and I would say he's 100% right 8/10 times and the other times it's little things that are wrong. For a Twitter personality, not a journalist, I would say that's pretty good.

Im always confused when people say FRB is always wrong as well. There may be a minor detail thats wrong but the meat of the matter is typically spot on. Im much more impressed with a FRB post than a Ariel Helwani/UFC press release.

Agreed. I don't understand the hate for FRB, dude has broke some good stories. He may not be right 100% of the time but he is pretty spot on most of the time.

Hold yer horses there buddy, I wouldn't take anything FRB says as gospel.

But you can't see for yourself that these guys are corrupt and you really believe the fighters benefit from such a deal like this

Business/money

They don't care about the workers (fighters)

He never said anyone was killed and he broke that story days before anyone else. He's on point usually.

This is the problem with twitter media vs actual MMA media. I know of a person in the media who had enough of the facts involving Jon Jones before anybody else did to "break it" but he didn't report it because he was actually talking with the police department and gathering the facts. While he was going that, FRB and that other guy went to twitter and started throwing out all kinds of "facts" that mostly were inaccurate. When someone on twitter is wrong, they can just hide behind the guise of "not being actual media" and just reporting what they're hearing. There's no consequences compared to guys who can get fired if they mess up details.

It's not that he knows anything first or before anybody else in some instances. It's that the people who have to report things for websites or actual media need to be sure it's accurate before they run with it. It's one thing to have it first but another thing to have it right.

Let's see some confirmation on these numbers before we make any assumptions.

This is FRB -- he's not exactly a paragon of reliable reporting.

Let's see some confirmation on these numbers before we make any assumptions.

This is FRB -- he's not exactly a paragon of reliable reporting.

And ultimately this is how I feel. It may be absolutely true or it may not. Throwing out these numbers = no consequences if you're wrong.

We still haven't even got one person to confirm whether or not this is actually a 70 million dollar deal. Everybody just sort of runs to that number because Gareth Davies said that's what it was supposed to be.

This was my exact prediction but people were taking dana for his word that UFC doesn't make a nickel off the Reebok deal and all all went to the fighters. I said Dana ate all the meat off them ribs and left the fighters table scraps. That's why he loves the deal so much and wants to keep it. He lined his pockets with millions then gave the fighters nickels and dimes.

That's so fucking greasy....

Back