From what I gathered, I just hope wonderboy is going to be okay!

That happens more than you think.

You know how many fighters have said they were “out” after being hit with a big shot in the first, then went on to fight to a decision?

I had a friend who just fought and he said he don't know where he was even after like a hour after the fight even though he won he got punched in the head a few times

If i was back stage with him when he came around i would have been like "omg darren masvidal just hit you with a 3 piece and a combo bro you were out cold bro" wonderboy would be like wtf till fought last week what are you talking about, i'd be like darren its ok your just concussed, its ok darren you can come back from this darren.

Yeah those last two punches were not needed to say the least, but you can’t blame that on Pettis. I’m sure that’s what caused the majority of the affects.

He will undoubtedly be on the 180-day lay off, I wish him the best. One the last truly good dudes left in the sport.

Yeah those last two punches were not needed to say the least, but you can’t blame that on Pettis. I’m sure that’s what caused the majority of the affects.

He will undoubtedly be on the 180-day lay off, I wish him the best. One the last truly good dudes left in the sport.
I think his head snapping back against the ground did the most damage (it often does).

Rough KO all around.

Pettis said he wouldn't have thrown the last two shots if he knew WB was out.

My man should just open up some karate school chains and call it a day. No need to get cte.
Good advice. Wonderboy is the type of person you really don't want to see with CTE. That would just be completely fucked up.

Weird. Earlier today as I took a mid afternoon nap I dreamt about WB turning into some bum.

Dream:
I was in some West African country. Needed a place to stay so I checked into a mid size hotel. The outside looked decent, but the inside was run downed. Saw a group of big Africans guys (but wearing clothes like that of American blacks) taunting a white guy in the hallway. The white guy was a loser going around asking for change, meth, and the such. The scenery changed a little and we all were in a big room now with beds all over to the right side of the wall. One of the blacks (looks like a bigger version of Ice Cube) sucker punched the white guy as he turned his back to walk away after unsuccessfully pand handling and so went flopping face first onto the bed, ko’d cold, snoring. I felt bad for the guy. And as my eyes focused in more I realized that was WB Stephen Thompson. I felt obliged to do something, like kicking the attacker in the face, but then he had like 5-6 guys with him and no doubt they were going to swarm me. They looked like they were about to attack me anyway even I didn’t provoke them. F*ck. What I am suppose to do, I thought to myself. Gotta come up with a plan to save WB... So what did I do? I went over and hugged WB, shook him trying to wake him up so he can fight for both of us, lol. It did not work. He’s totally out, like “not gonna wake up until next week” out... Uh oh, my turn next for a beating, I thought.

I woke up, and realized it was just a dream. Wheewwfff. Hopefully WB doesn’t turn into a junkie bum.

Back