From the man who was most likely to give Khabib problems and potentially beat him...

Potentially beat him via what..

"Hellbows and craziness".

<BidenShutIt>

That was literally the argument spouted by the now AWOL Ferguson fanbase.
As a veteran of all those sherdog Khabib v Tony debates, it was always clear to me that the Tony fans based their opinion on magical thinking. They believed Tony was so special that he would do something weird to beat Khabib. Logically speaking it was a horrible match up for Tony and his chance of winning was slim to none. They actually thought Tony could beat Khabib by elbowing him from the bottom and finishing the fight, the magic elbows lmao. They refused to listen to logic.

You need heart a mental fortitude to beat khabib . Conor didn't have either, Gaethje caved ( he probably broke mentally when he cracked khabib clean and khabib didn't even flinch ) and Dustin was just outmatched . Don't think Tony had the wrestling to win but it would've been exciting.

IDC about what anyone has to say about who would win what

FUCK the UFC for jerking Tony around so hard on his legit Title shot

Nah Tony had a chance it's just that Khabib kept ducking him so he could retire with 3 title defenses and proclaim himself GOAT

Nah you're delusional. Tony almost got starched by Lando lmfao fuck outta here

Nah Tony had a chance it's just that Khabib kept ducking him so he could retire with 3 title defenses and proclaim himself GOAT

With Tonys dynamism, finishing ability and cardio he had a chance but not a great one. Danny Castillo held his ass down most of the fight and arguably beat him. The only wrestler he fought since that fight was Kevin Lee who beat him up bad and mounted him early before gassing

With Tonys dynamism, finishing ability and cardio he had a chance but not a great one. Danny Castillo held his ass down most of the fight and arguably beat him. The only wrestler he fought since that fight was Kevin Lee who beat him up bad and mounted him early before gassing

I'm a huge Tony fan but these last few fights have been very sobering for me. The writing has sort of been on the wall...

DoBronx - lost
Gaethje - humiliated
Cowboy - c'mon...he was a journeyman on his way out and won via doctor stoppage (Cowboy couldn't see)
Pettis - pretty solid performance...but still didn't get the chance to finish the fight (corner stoppage/Pettis broken hand)
Lee - Lee had staph right?

I think Tony's last uncontroversial win was almost 5 years ago vs RDA.

I still think that he would have caused the most problems for Nurmagomedov, stylistically, than any of Nurmagomedov’s previous opponents...

I thought Gaethje was supposed to be the guy? Not gonna lie, I bought into it hard.

Back