Frode's road to Thailand 2014

I lost my gym here where i live. so that mean no good training leading up to new year. We are looking for a new place to start a gym. I think we found a good place. But it need alot of work before its ready.

I will not get on a plane to thailand without being in great shape. Right now i am fat (for my standard anyway), and feeling sloppy.. I am aiming for a trip to Thailand early summer 2014. With some muay thai or glory/k1 style fights in europe before that.

Well that's a shitty situation. But good to hear you're not giving up. I wish you best of luck!

Thanks. I was never thinking about giving. But its a major setback. So i took a break from hard training this month. Just some light training a few times a week. Eating whatever i want to eat.

I will be back in January. And i will also post a workout video.

Thanks. I was never thinking about giving. But its a major setback. So i took a break from hard training this month. Just some light training a few times a week. Eating whatever i want to eat.

I will be back in January. And i will also post a workout video.

Thanks for posting this. Its really cool to see from a fighter's perspective.so what is your diet when you're training? I ask because this is the hardest part for me. Especially not drinking beer or wine. Thanks

Thanks for posting this. Its really cool to see from a fighter's perspective.so what is your diet when you're training? I ask because this is the hardest part for me. Especially not drinking beer or wine. Thanks

I dont like to drink alcohol. Since i first tasted alcohol at the age of 22, i have been really drunk maybe 4 times. I dont like the taste or feeling of getting drunk. So when i dont like it, why force myself into getting used to it? I drink wine sometimes with my girlfriend. But thats just a few glasses og red wine.

My diet when i dont have any fights in near future is not strick at all. I eat almost whatever i want. But i will try to get at least a few healthy meal each day. With lean protein and some greens.

Being in trainingcamp leading up to a fight, normaly mean that i am in Thailand. I will eat often, but light meals with high protein, moderate fat, some carbs.. but not much. Most carbs i will eat right after the 2nd training session of the day (i will train muay thai 2 times a day, 6 days a week). I will also go to a gym to lift weight 2-3 times a week. So some days i train 3 times.

I dont count calories. But i guess i eat maybe 3000 during training camp.. Maybe 1000 more off season.

I dont like to drink alcohol. Since i first tasted alcohol at the age of 22, i have been really drunk maybe 4 times. I dont like the taste or feeling of getting drunk. So when i dont like it, why force myself into getting used to it? I drink wine sometimes with my girlfriend. But thats just a few glasses og red wine.

My diet when i dont have any fights in near future is not strick at all. I eat almost whatever i want. But i will try to get at least a few healthy meal each day. With lean protein and some greens.

Being in trainingcamp leading up to a fight, normaly mean that i am in Thailand. I will eat often, but light meals with high protein, moderate fat, some carbs.. but not much. Most carbs i will eat right after the 2nd training session of the day (i will train muay thai 2 times a day, 6 days a week). I will also go to a gym to lift weight 2-3 times a week. So some days i train 3 times.

I dont count calories. But i guess i eat maybe 3000 during training camp.. Maybe 1000 more off season.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

a9sh21.jpg

Update: January 2014

So last time i wrote anything here, i said that we lost my old gym because a karate instructor took over the gym. And he did not want to share the gym with us.

The whole december month was a bad month for me. The training was not good at all. I used to do alot of solo-training at the old gym. As there are not many people in this small town who are willing to train more then 3-4 times a week. So yeah.. december 2013 sucked. And i had to cancel my january trip to Thailand because i could not train right at home.

During xmas, good things started to happen. We found a new place to train. A old school let us use their gymnasium for free. So we train there 3 times a week. That mean that now i get sparring 3 times a week. Sometimes even more. I also get padwork done there.

Also i finaly got myself a heavybag at home. I also got a wall bag for uppercuts / hooks. I do alot of pull-ups, dips, push-ups, sit-ups and neck training at home. I am getting back into great shape again. It just show you want you can get out training at home.

Now i hope to get to Thailand in april or may. I am waiting for answer from my bosses at work. I would like 5 or 4 weeks off from work. But we'll see.

Anyway. Thats just a small update. I will try to get some video to post here in time.

my weight are at 78 kg right now. Not lean, but not fat either.

take care. and train hard everybody! :icon_twis

UPDATE: February 28th: I finaly got a date..

So my boss called me at the end of last week when i was at work. He told me that in week nr 20, 21, 22, and 23, i can go to Thailand to train and fight. This is great news indeed. Because i had to cancel the trip in January. And they could not give me time off from work in april when i asked for it.

So now i am finaly 100% sure that i am going to thailand before summer. I get on the plane on may 9th. and will return back to Norway on june 8th..

Now my training inspiration is as high as ever!!

becd4de18a04e8ce905ee993e175e9e2.jpg

Thanks man. I am starting the hard training today. Its gonna be 14 sessions each week. 6 days on, one rest day.

Back