1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

French teacher on leave after verbal fight with students

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Nebi, Jan 15, 2015.

1. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

If it is ok to be critical of Nazis, then it is ok to be critical of Islam. Why should religion get a pass.

Seeing as how the Holocaust was a genocidal event and Muhammed was a warlord that preached hate and intolerance, your comparison is odd to say the least.

Criticizing Muhammed and his ideology is the best aspect of Free speech since we are talking about an ideology that is totalitarian.

2. 7437 Banned Banned

Yeah, we hear a lot alot about how Christians have never been offended, because they dont condemn Lot all the time. Or condemn Jesus for being a vandal (he broke those poor bankers tables!)

You bring this up a lot that Muslims should just take any abuse because they are Muslims and dont hate their prophet. For being Muslims basically.

This might surprise you, but most people dont like to be insulted right to their face, no matter what religion they are.

3. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Holocaust denial isn't about belittling based on religion, it is about ethnicity or race.

4. 7437 Banned Banned

There is quite a bit of difference between criticizing the ideology and intentionally offending them. Especially in a school setting, since the teacher was alienating part of his class.

5. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

So if a bunch of White students were offended at portrays of Naizs or KKK or colonials, would you still support them and not the teacher doing the offending.

6. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

But in a way, given that Mohammed did actually used to get naked with 11 year old's, this whole picture thing makes a certain historical sense.

7. 7437 Banned Banned

If the teacher was intentionally trying to alienate his students and was aware that he had a bunch of them, yes. Schools should not be for pushing a teachers dislike for a segment of his students as part of the curriculum. I am sure a teacher could think of some kind of other example that will actually get a student to learn the material, instead of the class being a political soapbox.

8. 7437 Banned Banned

Another person in favor of showing naked pictures of Mohammed to children. Appalling.

9. dissolved Steel Belt

Now you're even leaving out the word cartoon. And you're making the picture plural. And you don't even know what the picture was like - caricature or life-like (more than likely it was a Hedbo-like caricature). And you don't know how naked this pic was (maybe he was in diapers or just had a shirt off).

10. 7437 Banned Banned

Pretty safe bet it was a caricature.

Even so, please keep you cartoons of naked pedos away from children.

11. ToochMcCrotch Yellow Belt

Yeah, even by sherdog standards I was surpised by the replies.

12. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

This is one of the few times I'm 100% in agreement with you. Showing cartoons mocking someone's religion in school is way out of line. It's like if teachers here in the US would show a Jesus cartoon, say kissing a man to prove a point. People would be rightfully offended. Teach kids objectively, don't bring in your own opinion into the classroom.

13. weed ベルセルク

exactly. teachers play such a significant role in a child's life & can make all the difference. when parents are away & working, with their kids in schools, I'm sure most will agree, you'd want values that are appropriate to be instilled within them, not matters that the teacher is partial to & using their time to vent about them.

back in my schooling years, teachers weren't even allowed to share if they're democrat or republican.

14. godking Purple Belt

Freedom of speech and pushing YOUR viewpoints on others are two different things.

I get the vibe that if the situation was reversed and a muslim teacher was pushing his viewpoint on children you would scream bloody murder .

But since in this case its a French teacher pushing his viewpoint that

15. speakhandsforme Banned Banned

You have to feel for 7437 in this thread. Guy is fencing with people armed with pool noodles.

I'm not a fan of Mohammed, but forcing students to look at nudies of him is needlessly antagonistic and furthermore inappropriate for the classroom. As a Christian, I would be displeased with teachers inserting inflammatory pictures of a nude Moses into the curriculum, if not for the religious insensitivity then for the impropriety in the setting.

16. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

17. Gervinho Banned Banned

Honestly if a teacher did this in my college, he would get a beating. But then I grew up in the late 90s and things were different back then