Free food or free house?

House, especially if I can pick and choose where it is.

Having the luxury of free food sounds like something of an adventure in itself, going out there and ordering the tastiest, more unique dishes, in beautiful areas, but there are many people out there who may never get their own home.

I myself am in the process of buying my first property, it'll be a flat, not a house, and it's taken me years to do so.

That chef better be ready at the oddest times to be preparing meals.

Will be upset if it's some dollar general gordon ramsey.

well if you get a free house you remove a lot of obstacles in life. It's an achievement. Living for food puts you in the survival bracket.

Free house in nice area of my city would grant lot money even just renting it, all while it's value grow and grow through time

My issue with the food senario is the 3 meals a days by a chef. That leaves no room for snacks, or drinks. So you are still going out and buying food.
It does not say you have to consume all 3 meals immediately. You can save portions for later if you have to be a snacker.

To the OP, I would take the house. I live in one of the most expensive regions in the country, so i would take it and sell it, and stay where i am.

The house option says neighborhood, I enjoy living alone in the woods.

I also enjoy cooking

So neither. I reject this question.

1st thought was house but having access to top celebrity / pro athlete quality food and prep for life for free is quite the perk so I'll give that a shot.

House, no question.

I can get my own food, I can't build a house.

House easy. It also has upfront value. Meaning you can sell it if you don't need it, invest the money and make even more money. The food money (value) isn't upfront and you can't do anything with it. Although maybe you could ask the genie if you can transfer the power through selling. Maybe there would be money in selling the service to a celebrity who wants a cook to make every meal, one time fee and they never have to worry about hiring chefs again sort of thing. I doubt you could ever sell it for the value of a house though.

A house in Moscow costs ridiculous amounts of money. Plus, HOUSES in Moscow are mostly palaces from 18th or 19th century. So yeah I will take a palace over food, thank you.

Back