Free food or free house?

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
Would you rather be given a free house in your city, in a decent neighborhood. No more rent or mortgage.

or

Be given free food for you and your immediate family for life. 3 square meals a day, cooked by different chefs from around the world. Special food on holidays. You can ask for specific food.

it's also for your immediately family, for life bro, food is COSTLY and it's guaranteed free, property degrades
What? lol. My house was worth $175k when i bought it, its now worth $300k. And rent now is like $1500/mo for a shitty 2 br apartment. You must have a big fat family if your eating over $1500/mo

What? lol. My house was worth $175k when i bought it, its now worth $300k.
yes it depends on the property, you might might more money in a lifetime with the house than the food cost, but there's no risk involved with food, the house still needs money sunk in for upkeep and there's also risk of flooding, fires, etc

yes it depends on the property, you might might more money in a lifetime with the house than the food cost, but there's no risk involved with food, the house still needs money sunk in for upkeep and there's also risk of flooding, fires, etc
My issue with the food senario is the 3 meals a days by a chef. That leaves no room for snacks, or drinks. So you are still going out and buying food.

My issue with the food senario is the 3 meals a days by a chef. That leaves no room for snacks, or drinks. So you are still going out and buying food.
My hunger has been a black hole drain on my wallet for years and I'm not even fat. I would need extra snacks some days but the 3 squares would be a great help that lasts for the rest of my life. I would no longer have to fret food. Even if I miss s snack, another meal is always around the corner. Can't beat that deal

Would you rather be given a free house in your city, in a decent neighborhood. No more rent or mortgage.

or

Be given free food for you and your immediate family for life. 3 square meals a day, cooked by different chefs from around the world. Special food on holidays. You can ask for specific food.

Give me the free house with some land and I'll grow my own food.

My hunger has been a black hole drain on my wallet for years and I'm not even fat. I would need extra snacks some days but the 3 squares would be a great help that lasts for the rest of my life. I would no longer have to fret food. Even if I miss s snack, another meal is always around the corner. Can't beat that deal
You can always go to the sandwich shop for a snack, you might get arrested though lol

I already have a house, so the food. It would save me tons of money.

Though I could rent out another house so I would pretty much eat for free anyway. I would just hire a company to manage it so I didn’t have to deal with all the bullshit, and I’d still make a killing.

It would boil down the nuances of both options to be honest. Free food may not be a smart financial choice compared to a free house, but I will still save some money, have a healthier diet and most of all I save TIME. Not having to cook or go grocery shopping or make food decisions based on cost would lead to better quality of life. What would seal the deal is if it included any and all foods including eating out.

I live in Los Angeles I will take the free house. That’s an easy choice. By decent neighborhood I expect my home to be where I live currently weho/Beverly Hills border.

Cooking is a bit of a passion for me but since the house is in a city I’ll sell it and move to the countryside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luchitha18
Back