Frank's RedHot Original

You know I never tried this

Clippy review looms

I put this on my tuna. I'm actually eating tuna and hot sauce right now. I love Frank's red hot.

You guys have Mongolian Grills where you live? If not sucks to be you.

They have this red sauce there, not remembering what it is called. But Holy shit it blows all this noise you guys listed on here away

...... no shit it's hot sauce. That's what it is

It almost tastes like... the ingregients!
I think his point is that it is the most base and boring version of that category. It is the Coors light of hot sauce. Made to appeal to the masses by being as bland and tasteless as possible which is not a bad thing as it allows many people to get used to the category, but most people graduate to better stuff once they are used to it.

I think his point is that it is the most base and boring version of that category. It is the Coors light of hot sauce. Made to appeal to the masses by being as bland and tasteless as possible which is not a bad thing as it allows many people to get used to the category, but most people graduate to better stuff once they are used to it.
I don't really see the point.

Things are popular because they are good. I drink silver bullets all day

I use it almost exclusively in Buffalo chicken dip recipes. Not too big on it for just regular hot sauce. Tobasco is by “go to” but I like the Franks type of sauces mixed with ranch and stuff for fry sauces or wing sauces.

Last edited:
I bought this a couple months ago because I had never tried it before. It lay in the cupboard for several months.

91408.jpg

I finally decided to open it. It's so damn good. Even took few sips straight out of the bottle

200w.gif

What do you guys use this on? I could probably drink the bottle

Put it on everything. it is amazing. I always wondered why Tobasco is more popular. It is terrible compared to Franks.

I don't really see the point.

Things are popular because they are good. I drink silver bullets all day
I am not saying they are bad.

Coors light and such entry level products are, by design, made to be the most bland with the minimal flavour profiles so as not to offend anyone. As soon as you start making something more complex, you are by its very nature appealing to a more niche market.

So if Coors light or such beers are your thing that is ok but know the goal is for them to make it as close to carbonated water with as minimal 'beer' taste as they can get away with. On a very hot day in the sun I am fine with such beers. But dining in with a great steak I want a far more complex beer but that does not mean you have to.

Bland and tasteless? Graduate to better stuff? Lol

Taste is different from one person to another. What you consider the "better stuff" might not be better to another person. Also, things become popular because they are good and a lot of people enjoy them

But I get it, it's not cool to like what's most popular. And you're one of those guys who think because something is more expensive it automatically means it tastes better and that it is of higher quality.
See my post above.

I do consider myself a food snob. But I am a snob in that I tend to like and want to try everything and not in the way that I look down on others if they have different tastes. That is fine. We DO all have different tastes.

But that does not change the facts about beers in the Coors light category. Talk to a brewmaster about the goal with those beers when being crafted. I have. Before the craft beer market exploded in the US and Canada we had the Senior Head Brewmaster of Interbrew in our offices just as they bought Labbatt Brewery, one of Canada's biggest. They wanted to launch some Interbrew beers into the N.American market but were afraid the N.American market was not yet sophisticated or ready for a more complex beer as they were relatively rare back then with beers like Coors and Bud dominating the market (near water taste).

So they went through the vast beer lineup InterBrew had and settled on a first entrant

220px-Stella_Artois_chalice_filled.jpg

Stella Artois was considered a peasant beer in the Belgium market. The lowest of the low that you would find in Belgium and brewed for bulk sales to the poorer folk. But it had that Belgium Beer Cachet for the US market and had the watery taste profile they preferred. It was entered into the American market as a PREMIUM beer despite being considered a peasant beer Belgium and is still a mainstay of the premium segment here.

there is nothing wrong with Stella. I will drink it if it is super hot out and i just want a watery beer.

Why are you even rambling about beers?
because it was a good way for me to make my point based on direct knowledge. Which i did in stellar fashion. ("Stellar"... get it?)

The point was, what is more expensive isn't necessarily better or of better quality in many cases.
Ya I never said price was the determinant.I was referring to the quality or complexity or lack thereof which is often, but not always, tied to price.

But you just admitted to being a food snob. That pretty much answers my question.
Yes, but within the context I framed it and I am good standing behind that.

lastly

tenor.gif

If you need an alternate reality to the truth I can try and be more sensitive.

You actually remind me of a coworker's wife.

He had 2 bottles of wine. 1 cheap $10 bottle and another expensive bottle. He made his wife taste both and she immediately said the expensive bottle tasted much better.

A few days later he gave her a glass of the cheap wine instead. She said it was so good and much better than the cheap wine not knowing it was actually the cheap wine.
I love to do that type of thing too, to shatter people illusions that price point is attached to quality directly. As I said prior, it is not.

that said this one, is by design made not to be as complex or flavorful...

32240599-fresh-draft-light-beer-in-a-glass-isolated-over-white-background.jpg

as these ones...

images

DSC_0072.jpg

images

And that is by design and your friend would not fool his wife into thinking any of the bottom three were the top one.

But yes I can pick out a $20 bottle of wine that drinks as well as many $100 bottles and there are many $100 bottles that are swill. That has nothing to do with my point though.

Hate it

Just tastes like vinegar to me

Its my go to I put that bad boy on my eggs and ramen soup, I love that stuff

I have 3 bottles im almost done with my other one, I also have some of these bad boys
91-zSOaJGfL._SL1500_.jpg

Amateur hour, bro... amateur hour!!! If you’re gonna just start with hot sauces, I’d suggest you begin with these.

810URsQgB4L._SX355_.jpg

Back