Franklin vs Lawler, who was the better champ?

Such a weird comparison, I don't get it

lawler. much more impressive to have his run during this modern era. deeper talent pool

Lawler... Even if he lost to Condit, and arguably Hendricks twice, every fight was a damn blood bath, and if you had told people he was going to become UFC's WW champion back in Strikeforce just a few years before, everyone would have laughed in your face, including me..

Even if he never fights again (Which he will be back) gotta go with Robbie

Lawler by far. Franklin was wack and Brazillians killed him

I think it's Lawler. Condit and MacDonald > Loiseau and Quarry, even considering the different eras they fought in.

Rich Franklin had some great fights too. Good finisher.

Well, Franklin was the MW champ with 2 def. losses against all champions of mayor promotions (imo he did beat Hendo). AS x2,Forrest,Le,Machida and Vitor.
Robbie WW champ with 2 def. a lot of losses but in a higher weight class. Larkin,Jacare,Kenedy,Nick,Tanner,Miller,Shields,Babalu,Woodley and Hendricks.

Robbie has the longevity on his side but he has more losses. Both never were really the best at those weights,so i gotta go with Rich.

Noobs won't get it, but Rich was a killer.

I love Robbie, but he got gifts from the judges against both Hendricks and Condit.

I love Robbie, but he got gifts from the judges against both Hendricks and Condit.

Those mistakes still resonate on the ledger. I would say Lawler. It's not a blowout though. Rich was as close to elite as you could get at the time. Andy was just operating in the matrix at the time.

Can't be a killer in pink shorts. Vitor did a full reboot on his entire brain

Can't be a killer in pink shorts. Vitor did a full reboot on his entire brain

I grew up in the 80s so I got no problem with dudes in pink.

I just loved how Rich was a legit finisher. And if he didn't finish, he often got finished, because he was an attack-minded fighter.

I don't know the numbers precisely, but he must have gone at least 2:1 finishes:decisions. When Ace walked to the Octagon you knew you were in for a treat.

Same with Robbie of course. What kind of sadist would make us choose between these two anyway?

Robbie was the better champ, and I'm someone who likes Franklin more personally.

Those mistakes still resonate on the ledger. I would say Lawler. It's not a blowout though. Rich was as close to elite as you could get at the time. Andy was just operating in the matrix at the time.

Quoted for truth. Franklin could hang with anyone in those days. Except Andy

I grew up in the 80s so I got no problem with dudes in pink.

I just loved how Rich was a legit finisher. And if he didn't finish, he often got finished, because he was an attack-minded fighter.

I don't know the numbers precisely, but he must have gone at least 2:1 finishes:decisions. When Ace walked to the Octagon you knew you were in for a treat.

Same with Robbie of course. What kind of sadist would make us choose between these two anyway?

I can't be mad at anyone for choosing either. Lawler is just more fresh for me and his wars resonate with me. Rich was an absolute bad ass though. He hung with everyone.

He beat the shit out of most guys he fought before Andy took his soul... and Andy was doing that every time he entered the cage back then. Fans don't appreciate older fighters around here. It's unfortunate.

I'll never forget meeting Evan Tanner at UFC 84. He was such a fucking awesome guy and I can't hate on Rich for beating his ass. That's how much I like Rich, lol.

Back