Franklin vs Lawler, who was the better champ?

Hobbie , Franklin was KOing TV Shows while all the good guys fought in Cage Rage . Hobbie fought the best guys , Rich fought cans .
Anderson Silva was the Cage Rage champ btw

I grew up in the 80s so I got no problem with dudes in pink.

I just loved how Rich was a legit finisher. And if he didn't finish, he often got finished, because he was an attack-minded fighter.

I don't know the numbers precisely, but he must have gone at least 2:1 finishes:decisions. When Ace walked to the Octagon you knew you were in for a treat.

Same with Robbie of course. What kind of sadist would make us choose between these two anyway?
Did you see his 2 fights against Wanderlei? Damn, they were cool to watch and in the second fight there was a moment, I believe in the end of the 1st or 2nd round, where Silva hurt Rich on the feet and got a knock down and he was landing some brutal gnp and 1 of the strikes KOed Rich but his head ricocheted so hard in the canvas that he came back to it, Yamazaki didn´t see it and the fight continued until the end of the round where he was saved by the bell !!! And in the end Rich won the fight!!! Just craaaaaazy shit!

Noobs won't get it, but Rich was a killer.

I love Robbie, but he got gifts from the judges against both Hendricks and Condit.
Yeah rich really through all the tough guys like shamrock

Ace for all the previously stated reasons. That and I find brain cells an attractive quality in a champ and Rich beats Robbie in that department. Pre-Silva he did anyways...

Quoted for truth. Franklin could hang with anyone in those days. Except Andy
I think they were both fine champions, and complete warriors. Don't really feel a need to rank one over the other. Both 2 of my all time favs, willing to fight the toughest in 2 weight classes. Respect.

Back