Frankie has been prepping with Barboza + Dos Anjos

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And aldo has trained with Maynard in the past.

Barboza has been compared to Jose Aldo in the past. He has the speed, athleticism, and technique similar with Jose, but without the grappling creds.

RDA is also a great training partner with some sick MMA muay thai that incorporates deadly leg kicks with really good BJJ. One thing of note as well that doesn't show up on his fight finder is, RDA has very efficient TDD.

This is going to be such a sick fight. I don't know why people are asking for super fights with GSP/Silva/Jones blah blah..

You got one right here in front of your face! LW champ vs FW

I always felt Barboza was similar to Aldo, but Aldo's defense is much better. But Frankie training with Barboza is a good idea, we'll see what happens. Frankie will likely get hurt in this fight at least once.

I always felt Barboza was similar to Aldo, but Aldo's defense is much better. But Frankie training with Barboza is a good idea, we'll see what happens. Frankie will likely get hurt in this fight at least once.

They actually have extremely different Muay Thai styles.
Their build is similar though.

I think that he should also work with someone who has great boxing.
Barboza has fantastic kicks......

But that's it, Aldo is also a great boxer with grat head movement and defense.
He also has very precise counters.

And Edgar's defense other than his footwork could use some work.

Good training partners. But not enough to make you beat Jose Aldo.

Aldo vs Edgar is a superfight indeed, specially when more than 50% of the fans/media scored his last fight with Benson for Frankie (i hated the fact that we had that rematch, cuz Benson "clearly" won the first match, but then Edgar "clearly" won the second).

This is Champion vs champion, we know it.

won't be enough to beat Aldo, Barboza is a beast for sure though.

I think that he should also work with someone who has great boxing.
Barboza has fantastic kicks......

But that's it, Aldo is also a great boxer with grat head movement and defense.
He also has very precise counters.

And Edgar's defense other than his footwork could use some work.

I agree..

Edgar got hurt by an uppercut from Maynard in the 2nd and 3rd fights I'm pretty sure, and we all know Aldo has a very good uppercut.. and when Aldo hurts you, you're likely getting finished.

Good training partners. But not enough to make you beat Jose Aldo.

Aldo vs Edgar is a superfight indeed, specially when more than 50% of the fans/media scored his last fight with Benson for Frankie (i hated the fact that we had that rematch, cuz Benson "clearly" won the first match, but then Edgar "clearly" won the second).

This is Champion vs champion, we know it.

If Aldo wins, he should be in the top 3 P4P discussion. Although P4P is purely opinion beating the 1 fight removed Champion of a higher division qualifies for P4P.

Jose Aldo is p4p the best fighter imo

No one can stand with him, no one can take him down and he has great scrambles.
His BJJ is a little untested in MMA but it's supposed to be 4 real.

imo Jose Aldo would become champ in every division.

No-one is giving Frankie a chance at all!

Regardless of how good Aldo is, Frankie is a proven warrior who never ever gives up. Aldo has never tested in fights to the same degree that Frankie has been (e.g. the 2nd fight against Maynard) - who knows how he'd cope if Frankie was getting the better of things?

Aldo is rightly favourite, but if the fight goes into the later rounds, I'd pick Frankie to pull the upset and grind out a decision.

Flame away!

No-one is giving Frankie a chance at all!

Regardless of how good Aldo is, Frankie is a proven warrior who never ever gives up. Aldo has never tested in fights to the same degree that Frankie has been (e.g. the 2nd fight against Maynard) - who knows how he'd cope if Frankie was getting the better of things?

Aldo is rightly favourite, but if the fight goes into the later rounds, I'd pick Frankie to pull the upset and grind out a decision.

Flame away!

I'm one of the biggest Aldo nuthuggers in this forum and i already gave Egar a lot of credit.
A lot of people are giving Frankie a good chance of beating Aldo by decision.
No one is giving Aldo a chance of winning a decision, which i find pathetic.
Aldo could easily take the first three rounds and start slowing down, Frankie gets the better of him in the last two and 48-47 Aldo. Aldo has fought quite a few 5 rounds fights and people are overlooking his experience in title fights and championship rounds.

Of course, it is more likely that Edgar gets dropped and finished by a killer.

I'm one of the biggest Aldo nuthuggers in this forum and i already gave Egar a lot of credit.

That's cool.

I just think that as awesome as Aldo is, we've never really seen him have to turn around a fight that he was losing. What if he doesn't knock out Frankie within the first 2 rounds. How likely is he to knock out Frankie in round 5?

All I'm saying that if it goes the distance, then it's going to be very close.

Regardless, it's going to an awesome fight!!!

If Aldo wins, he should be in the top 3 P4P discussion. Although P4P is purely opinion beating the 1 fight removed Champion of a higher division qualifies for P4P.

you must be an anderson fan... if you aren't you messed up.

Lol at comparing Barboza's simplistic striking game to Aldo's. Barboza would get destroyed by Aldo in an openweight kick boxing match, there's really no comparison. He throws about 3-4 techniques and has no answer for pressure and being backed up. Still can't believe people think this guy is some amazing K-1 level striker because he throws strong leg kicks and flashy techniques that have worked 1 time.

I find it funny that everyone thinks that Aldo is a killing machine. He is great, and top pfp, but go watch the Kenny Florian fight. Edgar will give him hell I think.

Back