Frank Shamrock: "Hero Shot" as Strikeforce ends...

I am gonna miss strikeforce for sure...
UFC/ZUFFA monopoly is not the way to go imho.

I liked Strikeforce, too bad it's gone. Too bad for Shamrock too, he really seemed to believe in it. Nice interview!

Yes it is. Because now we can finally see Mousasi and alot of other great talents fight in the UFC. The match ups we've been wanting to see will now happen.

Fantastic interview. Frank seemed real genuine and I'm going to miss Strikeforce for sure.

it might not be the best for fighters but its the best for viewers, there is little doubt who is the best at each weight class in mma with ufc holding 99% of top fighters,
couture vs fedor/wand, ortiz vs arona, liddell vs wand, about 8-9 years ago? you kidding me. Now there wont be guessing who is the best.

Yeah fuck the NBA, NFL, and NHL to

Not the same. In those leagues, players negotiate with specific teams. If they don't like the terms, they can field offers from other teams, and still be able to compete at the same level. With MMA, if you want to compete at the top, you have to go to the UFC and take whatever they give you.

With an independent Strikeforce, there was at least a viable alternative, same as there was with Pride (some would argue that the UFC was the "alternative" at that time). They were the "teams" fighters "played" for.

Granted, with everyone under one roof, there is the greater likelihood of getting the matchups we want, and truly seeing how good fighters are. It's just that the UFC knows it, and can use that to potentially lowball fighters during contract negotiations.

The NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB also have players unions, so that players can have more clout while negotiating to combat the might of the leagues. MMA doesn't. It's every fighter for themselves.

What exactly is the beef between Frank and Dana? Is it typical Dana being a petty dick or was it Frank's fault?

what you prefer for fighters not be in the same org and fight each other?

Im so glad companies like affliction, elite xc are gone, they were run by greedy non mma lovers and had no taste.

Got damn Frank is a stud. Much respect to him and in retrospect, I am gonna miss the shit out of Strikeforce.

Not the same. In those leagues, players negotiate with specific teams. If they don't like the terms, they can field offers from other teams, and still be able to compete at the same level. With MMA, if you want to compete at the top, you have to go to the UFC and take whatever they give you.

With an independent Strikeforce, there was at least a viable alternative, same as there was with Pride (some would argue that the UFC was the "alternative" at that time). They were the "teams" fighters "played" for.

Granted, with everyone under one roof, there is the greater likelihood of getting the matchups we want, and truly seeing how good fighters are. It's just that the UFC knows it, and can use that to potentially lowball fighters during contract negotiations.

The NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB also have players unions, so that players can have more clout while negotiating to combat the might of the leagues. MMA doesn't. It's every fighter for themselves.

I care about watching the best the fighters fight each other, other people are paid to worry about fighter salaries.

Back