Frank Mir vs. Antonio Silva moved to Feb. 22 following Glover Teixeira knee injury

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7...lva-moved-to-feb-22-following-glover-teixeira

The Antonio Silva vs. Frank Mir heavyweight fight, originally scheduled for Feb. 28 in Los Angeles, has been moved to Feb. 22 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, UFC president Dana White confirmed with MMAFighting.com.

According to White, the reason for the switch was because Glover Teixeira, who was scheduled to fight Rashad Evans in the main event of UFC Fight Night 61, injured his knee and has been forced to withdraw from the fight. Teixeira's manager, Ed Soares, said the former light-heavyweight contender tweaked a knee injury that he suffered in his October fight against Phil Davis and now requires six weeks of physical therapy.

It's 2014 all over again.

Watch Weidman or Belfort drop out next.

Nah, nobody really cared about Teixeira, but it's sad that Rashad can't get back to fight. Once he injures himself, the next time his opponent withdraws... Oh, and good that Silva vs Mir was moved here. Battle of 0-2-1 and 0-4 fighters should not take spot on PPV's main card even if the fighter are in top 15.

Sucks about Glover, was looking forward to him knocking Evans out.

Already three big injuries.. Glover, Alvarez and Saffedine.
At least Eddie got a fine repleacement.

Ill guess this wil be the main event, unfortunately. I also think that this one will be a 3 round match (If its a main event) due to few time to make preparations for a 5 round match.

The time for more injuries is now.

shut-your-damn-whore-mouth.jpg

we are 1 week into 2015 and we have had 3 major injuries/fights scrapped? Not a good start at all.

Bah, gonna be at 184 and wanted to see that fight to quest my thirst for blood.

OSP, manuwa, cummins, brawldonado, heck even cormier didnt fancy stepping in? 6/7 weeks notice is plenty

Ill guess this wil be the main event, unfortunately. I also think that this one will be a 3 round match (If its a main event) due to few time to make preparations for a 5 round match.

Honestly, I dont think it makes any difference. Hard to see this fight going till the end.

OSP, manuwa, cummins, brawldonado, heck even cormier didnt fancy stepping in? 6/7 weeks notice is plenty

I dont think they would put a ME on Brazil without any brazilian (I dont have a probleme with this at all). Maldonado isnt very known by the casual fans here.

The problem with all of those replacements outside of Maldonado is that the UFC thinks fans in Brazil don't give a shit about non-Brazilian fighters. So they refuse to put on any fights without a non-Brazilian in them. The Maldonado fight would be a horibble, horrible mismatch and it's a good thing they didn't do that.

The problem with all of those replacements outside of Maldonado is that the UFC thinks fans in Brazil don't give a shit about non-Brazilian fighters. So they refuse to put on any fights without a non-Brazilian in them. The Maldonado fight would be a horibble, horrible mismatch and it's a good thing they didn't do that.

Maybe a Rampage rematch ? He's very well known here as well.

Back