Frank Mir thinks they will let him go but not Reem because Reem can sell more tickets

Mir just keeps fighting top 10 guys. Would love to see him fight the lower end HWs.

Frank the fighter?

Eh, never a huge fan. Respect the guy, he was a UFC HW champ, holds wins over guys like Big Nog, Cro Cop, yes even Lesnar counts.

Frank the person?
He seems like a well-adjusted, insightful guy that really earns your respect. Sure he has said terrible, stupid stuff in the past, but as a whole he really comes off as a decent person. Hard not to root for Frank, he deserves to be around the UFC forever. Let him commentate, work on the MMA Live shows, hell make Cormier go train and let Chael and Mir do the MMA Live shows. They might end up putting on a great show.

But The Reem is likely gone with a loss. As much as I love AO, he has just been such a massive UFC disappointment. :( . He has lost to guys that have no business in the cage with him, much less beat him. He wilts, and just seems out of sync. Maybe a win here and he gets on track, but he isnt a spring chicken any more and all his MMA/combat sports matches are going to start taking a toll on that huge body.

I think at this point in time Overeem sells more tickets than Mir but Mir has been in the company for years and Im certain Dana and the Fertitias appreciate him, so its hard to say if they would cut either if they lose

Mir would be missed more than Reem.

Reem failed to deliver, ever.

I think Mir will win this. Everyone underestimates how hard Mir hits and now that Overeem has lost his powers I think Mir could floor him in one punch. While Overeem could just put him against the cage and beat him up, I feel like he won't be as aggressive as usual after 2 knockout losses in a row. I don't see him rushing Mir the way Josh Barnett did.

Mir doesn't hit hard. When was the last time he threw a one punch KO? Mir is a shell of his former self, he doesn't pose much of a risk to Overeem. I'm sure Overeem will rush in and clinch with Mir. That's where Mir is absolutely horrendous.

Mir should just go to Bellator and do cash fights forget the UFC you are slowly on your decline career wise.

So might as well just make a ton of money while you can and retire a good life among the family.

Dana needs to cut guys who aren't making it in the UFC. Dana gives the bigger stars like Reem and Mir an extra chance to stick around but I think he'll cut them if they lose 4 straight.

War Mir. Hope he finishes horse meat.

I really think it's the other war around

Mir sells more tickets too

Neither should be cut. Kongo shouldnt have been cut either.

While fighters like: Schaub, Mitrione, Leben, Garcia, Struve, Beltran, Maldonado, Dan Hardy and other LIMITED SKILL fighters are kept around for silly reasons, skillful fighters should not be cut even if they are on the downside of their career.

Mir loses, give him Mitrione or Schaub; Overeem loses, do the samething, give him the worst of the worst guy still kept in. Cutting relevant good fighters like Okami and Fitch while they keep around guys like Leben , Leonard Garcia, Mitrione,Amir Sadolah is absolutely mindblowing.

I cant think anyone can find someone as uncordinated like Garcia or Leben entertaining. They are tough bar brawler, period. If i want to see a bar brawl i will go to a bar. I want to see skilled martial artists outhinking and outsmarting their adversaries.

Everytime i enter the ufc webisite and check their roster, i see 15-20 fighters in their middleweight and welterweight divisions that Fitch and Okami could beat.

Ww division still kept fighters, ( by ufc website) Marajo Alcantara, Viscardi Andrade, Igor Araujo, Bazsynski, Bahadurzada, Paulo Thiago, Yan Cabral, Nick Catone, Clements, Cote, Ebersole, Gastelum, HArdy, Guimaraes, Hathaway, John Howard, Pascal KRauss,Ludwig, Patolino,Mcgee, Mein, Mitchell ,Sean pierson; all those guys Fitch would steamroll, yet they are still around while he was fired.

MW division fighters: Belcher, Camozzi, Cane, Credeur, Deblass, Dollaway, Hall, Herman, Hamman,Kennedy, Kuiper, Larkin, LAwlor,Cung LE, Leben, Thales Leite, Ronny MArques, Mcdaniel,Sapo, Nedkov, Bod

I don't want neither to be cut. Refreshing to read about Mir's honesty.

Dana will take care of Mir.

He has been a company man for the most part and gave them his all during the "lean" Heavy weight years when they needed to rebuild the division.

As others have mentioned, he will get an opportunity to retire with some form of media personality package as an option.

Reem on the other hand...even if he wins, he seems like he is already on track to be early retired from glass jaw syndrome regardless.

I don't know where the idea comes from that Overeem is a draw. I've talked to a ton of my casual friends, and they never know who I'm talking about when I mention his name and the numbers don't lie.

That's not to say frank mir is much better. the only big numbers he has done were the brock fights.

MAD PROPS to Frank Mir on any given day. No matter how his career turns out, this man is a stud. Here's a guy who was running through the HW division in his younger-than-prime self, and suffered an accident that would kill most people.

They said it was a career-ending injury. He would never fight again. Never walk again. He's come this far. Yea, he looked demotivated as hell for some time and took a while to bring his game back, but he worked hard on it.

A lot of people call Brock Lesnar the biggest draw in UFC history... don't forget that biggest draw fight came against Frank Mir, and Frank was responsible for promoting it as well.

It was the original major trash talk fight. Mir said he was going to kill Brock, take his arm off. Called him a pro wrestler. That fight happened, Brock Lesnar went Crazy and his post-fight antics and celebration is what really brought the entire remainder of the world into MMA.

On top of that Frank is a very intelligent guy. Hope he gets kept around in one way or another.

I doubt Mur gets cut. He's a company guy. Dana will probably force him to retire.

The UFC wouldn't cut Mir. If he loses to Reem he should retire and do commentary.

Well, Mir is riding a 3 fight losing streak and two of those losses coming by KO. Overeem on a 2 fight losing streak, both KOs. If Overeem gets knocked out early or looks like shit, I think he might get cut. Otherwise, an exciting UD loss or sub in the later rounds, or a win of course, I think he still remains on the roster. For Mir it's evident he needs to win.

Ideally I think none of them should get cut with a loss. Both guys are still fairly exciting and the loser could instead start fighting some fringe top 10 guys instead of the top dogs of the division. Just allow them to avoid fighting guys with great striking or knockout power as that's their kryptonite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back