Frank Mir got zombified in boxing match by Kubrat Pulev (Round 1)

More CTE isnt going to help Mir’s commenting career. How much did he get paid?

Did he eat some shots? I didn't watch the event so but I figured Mir was going to lose :(
Mir ate a good bit of shots before the finishing sequence, even though it was just one round.

Why did he get so fat ? Why cant these career professionals have more discipline than this? I'd never let myself get into that kind of shape, ever.

Obviously he doesn't have the discipline of the average sherdogger. Can't expect that of a regular mortal prizefighter.

Got it. So mir took the fight because he didn’t make enough money in his sport and Nate took his fight because he blew his fortune after making too much money……..its science…..

im not sure why mir took the fight. maybe he just wanted to challenge himself but its very possible he wanted the money and doesnt feel financially ready to retire.

nate probably needed the money. obviously he doesnt actually train in boxing or enjoy it. there's really no other reason I could see him agreeing to that fight besides the money.

Awesome restraint shown by Pulev. He had every right to keep swinging but didnt.
It was, but he shouldn’t have had to display that. This fight was a travesty starting with it being sanctioned at all all the way through Big Dan’s incompetent refereeing.

Mir is a smart guy, good analyst/commentator, can speak well etc. - and as a UFC champion, has got all the credibility one can have. Please use that in some other way, than fighting out of shape and getting hurt ! When people like Kenny Florian - half the fighter that Mir was - can make a career out of this, it hurts to see a bonified legend like Mir getting beat up like this.

Got it. So mir took the fight because he didn’t make enough money in his sport and Nate took his fight because he blew his fortune after making too much money……..its science…..

in the last 4 years of his mma career Mir won 1 time got brutalized 4 times then retired. When I saw him fight Ayala I really felt like he was done, his brain said enough.

getting into stand up fights now is just a strange move but I guess he is that crazy and might just enjoy it

Another big dan classic.

Also boxing with mma gloves is a bad, bad idea.

Thank god nothing landed while Mir was doing the tweety bird around the head dance. Mirg gave him ample time to recover so you cant say early stoppage. But it was a couple seconds late. But once again, thank god nothing landed when Mir was in that state.

POS ref. Thank God Pulev didn't take the opportunity to kill him. That could have been a serious brain injury or death.

Why did Mir sign up to box Pulev? He's still a top 10 HW boxer.. He needs to sack his manager

Why did he get so fat ? Why cant these career professionals have more discipline than this? I'd never let myself get into that kind of shape, ever.
That's unfair, you can't compare tip top physical specimen Sherdoggers to a little midget guy like Frank Mir.

Mir is a smart guy, good analyst/commentator, can speak well etc. - and as a UFC champion, has got all the credibility one can have. Please use that in some other way, than fighting out of shape and getting hurt ! When people like Kenny Florian - half the fighter that Mir was - can make a career out of this, it hurts to see a bonified legend like Mir getting beat up like this.
According to Goldie, he’s very cerebral. According to everyone else, he’s kind of a doofus.

Paluev is legit AF (only losses are Joshua and W. Klitschko)....Mir shouldn't be fighting guys of that caliber at all...he can still maybe have some success, but he should definitely take it down a few notches competition wise if he wants to try again. This was a crazy mismatch IMO.

Back