Frank Mir Company Man

USAWrestler209

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Frank Mir and every fighter that talks about how the UFC is "the Best fighting the Best 3 times a year" annoy me. Especially the ones that say fighters that are entering the UFC have to step their game up.

The UFC Lightweight Division and the addition of the WEC guys and Strikeforce guys basically took out the top 10 guys in the UFC Lightweight Division out. Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz, Jim Miller, Melvin Guillard, Joe Lauzon, etc.

The top Lightweights were having a Rematch from their WEC Title fight, now in the UFC.

Frank Mir is a guy that irks me. He talks down on the competition in other promotions, Strikeforce being one that he talked about the competition nto being up to par.

Frank Mir was top 5 at one point, now that the Strikeforce Heavyweights are in, Frank Mir has lost to Cormier, Barnett, and now fighting to keep his job against Alistair Overeem. 3 Strikeforce guys in a row.

It just goes to show you that the UFC guys, are just like everyone else. A guy working in a promotion. One that just happens to be more popular than the others.

you are right, and its the side of mma i dont like

but, in their defense, it has offered guys like Kenny Florian and Mir careers outside of fighting, if selling your integrity is worth that

Last edited:
So, there are great fighters outside of the UFC. Nothing that anyone with a brain wouldn't notice.

I'm rooting for Alistair Overeem, then when Frank Mir is fighting Andrei Arlovski in WSOF he can be like "I dont think Andrei Has Fought the level of Competition I have in the UFC, aka the greatest organization ever"

"I lost my last 3 fights, but Tim Stlvia is going to get his Arm Broken again. I have only lost to guys in the UFC, aka the greatest promotion ever"

If Frank Mir wasn't such a douche company man, I wouldn't dislike him so much.

I sort of feel bad for Mir....after 3 losses in a row....2 Ko's.....he has to fight Overeem.

So yeah.... Who are the top two guys at heavyweight again? Oh yeah, UFC guys. Where are the majority of the best fighters in the world? Hmmm.... I think in the UFC.

I sort of feel bad for Mir....after 3 losses in a row....2 Ko's.....he has to fight Overeem.

Sadistic right? Just got flash KO'd from a knee and they give him a guy with knees from hell :)

As for the topic, I'd rather root for the fighter, promotions are among the last thing on my list as a fan. PRIDE did great, strikeforce had good matches, WEC had good matches... etc etc.... UFC is just how it ended up as a result of things... I don't watch pro wrestling anymore, although I was a Hulkamaniac... but it's pretty much what the WWE did.

Doesn't mean regional shows or smaller promotions don't have people just as talented by any means -- I watch streams of anything available, whenever available, even if it's on in the background. UFC is the main stage, but it hasn't always been ; and there's no reason at all to not watch other places for legit people.

The OP breaks down to "fights will happen, and things will continue to change etc... " on par with "Tonight's forecast: Dark. Continued dark throughout most of the evening, with some widely scattered light towards morning."

Last edited:
What about the WW, MW and LHW div's in other promotions?

And god forbid a fighter should talk up the talent in his own promotion.

Of coursr you are going to speak the company line.

JDS and Cain are UFC guys, they are getting the Promotion.

I'm more Excited about seeing Werdum taking on the winner of this fight, than the fight itself. Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier are also there in the mix.

I'm not saying that the UFC doesn't have talent. I'm saying that #3 and #4 guys are only in that spot because the other top talent in the world isn't there yet.

So For Frank Mir to talk down on guys feels like one of those guys that says He Trains UFC. As if UFC = The Only Oranization that has talent and everyone else are sub par.

I'm more Excited about seeing Werdum taking on the winner of this fight, than the fight itself. Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier are also there in the mix.

I'm not saying that the UFC doesn't have talent. I'm saying that #3 and #4 guys are only in that spot because the other top talent in the world isn't there yet.

So For Frank Mir to talk down on guys feels like one of those guys that says He Trains UFC. As if UFC = The Only Oranization that has talent and everyone else are sub par.

The current UFC champ in any division (maybe not women) would beat his equivalent in any other promotion.

Well, once you can name ten fighters that can easily beat Frank Mir, I'll be inclined to see your point.

Mr. Brown belt....he joined 7 months after you...just to remind you. Posting more does not make your oppinion better than someone else's.

That's true but this white belt's opinion is a piece of shit, imho.

I haven't heard anyone mention or talking about Fabricio Werdum being a company man. He holds it down for the UFC on all the Spanish broadcasting. (I had to watch FOX Deportes because FS1 and FS2 suck on TWC)

Frank Mir has proven himself to be a real has-been lately, don't get me wrong he's a future Hall of Famer (maybe sooner then later). It really irks me when he talks about the most submissions in HW, the last person he submitted was Big Nog nearly 2 years ago.

On the contrary, his weight cut and body looked amazing in his last appearance. I can imagine his conditioning to be great as well. It's going to be real interesting when he faces Overeem.

Nah he's right. He's saying the best fighters are in the UFC, and he's right. Your arguments about guys who were previously in other orgs going to the ufc and becoming the best actually proves his comment correct lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back