Frank Mir Company Man

Overeem sucks. Mir is shot, so they are trying to extend overeems lifepan in the UFC by beating Mir so they can cash out on him some more because a bunch of idiots think he's good. Good business.

Frank Mir and every fighter that talks about how the UFC is "the Best fighting the Best 3 times a year" annoy me. Especially the ones that say fighters that are entering the UFC have to step their game up.

The UFC Lightweight Division and the addition of the WEC guys and Strikeforce guys basically took out the top 10 guys in the UFC Lightweight Division out. Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz, Jim Miller, Melvin Guillard, Joe Lauzon, etc.

The top Lightweights were having a Rematch from their WEC Title fight, now in the UFC.

Frank Mir is a guy that irks me. He talks down on the competition in other promotions, Strikeforce being one that he talked about the competition nto being up to par.

Frank Mir was top 5 at one point, now that the Strikeforce Heavyweights are in, Frank Mir has lost to Cormier, Barnett, and now fighting to keep his job against Alistair Overeem. 3 Strikeforce guys in a row.

It just goes to show you that the UFC guys, are just like everyone else. A guy working in a promotion. One that just happens to be more popular than the others.

To be fair, and many fighters have mentioned this, there is just something different about the UFC. It's the big show. Even the WEC guys stepped up their games and it's shown. Frank wasn't wrong in what he said. The UFC is the premier organization. Everybody wants to fight in that Octagon and if you can hold the belt, you're known as the best. It's a shark tank.

Given the time of this post, it's possible that I completely missed the meaning of your post. In that case, I apologize.

Nothing to recent, I just realized Frank Mir is fighting for his job after losing 2 consecutive bouts and is now having a 3rd bout against guys that came into the UFC's heavyweight division from the Strikeforce merger.

Frank Mir in all his Pre-fight talks puts down every other organization's fighters, telling the guys that they havent faced the competition he has. Where Mir has a very good chance of dropping his 3rd straight fight against "Guys in the other Organization that aren't facing the competition he has."

What about the WW, MW and LHW div's in other promotions?

And god forbid a fighter should talk up the talent in his own promotion.

But they aren't. They are directly shitting on present UFC fighters because they used to be non-UFC. When Frank Mir says Overeem is a pure striker therefore will lose to Brock Lesnar it makes the UFC look bad when he smashes Brock then Mir himself. Or when Sonnen says Overeem is a joke/non-top 10 and then 3 months later he is announced to be fighting JDS for the belt. Same thing with Florian or Sonnen doing it. But shameless corporate yes-man is as shameless corporate yes-man does.

Not even an Overeem fan. But this shit has gone one for a LONG time and it is the same spineless corporate asskissing soundbytes over and over and over. "He's on the big stage now" and "best vs the best" and blah blah blah. The fact Mir said it about the last two guys in a row that both smashed him illustrates how stupid it is to do that. Pretty annoying.

Nothing to recent, I just realized Frank Mir is fighting for his job after losing 2 consecutive bouts and is now having a 3rd bout against guys that came into the UFC's heavyweight division from the Strikeforce merger.

Frank Mir in all his Pre-fight talks puts down every other organization's fighters, telling the guys that they havent faced the competition he has. Where Mir has a very good chance of dropping his 3rd straight fight against "Guys in the other Organization that aren't facing the competition he has."

He's lost the last 3 going on 4

But they aren't. They are directly shitting on present UFC fighters because they used to be non-UFC. When Frank Mir says Overeem is a pure striker therefore will lose to Brock Lesnar it makes the UFC look bad when he smashes Brock then Mir himself. Or when Sonnen says Overeem is a joke/non-top 10 and then 3 months later he is announced to be fighting JDS for the belt. Same thing with Florian or Sonnen doing it. But shameless corporate yes-man is as shameless corporate yes-man does.

Not even an Overeem fan. But this shit has gone one for a LONG time and it is the same spineless corporate asskissing soundbytes over and over and over. "He's on the big stage now" and "best vs the best" and blah blah blah. The fact Mir said it about the last two guys in a row that both smashed him illustrates how stupid it is to do that. Pretty annoying.

This is exaclty what I am trying to get at.

It's not about Praising the UFC guys

but Shitting on the talent in other organizations. I swear sometimes I hear about Non-UFC guys like if they dont belong amongst the best in the world because they aren't competing against UFC guys.

I think it works for the UFC to keep the competing promotions looking like second rate Organizations. And keeping the Average fan ignorant on other MAM fighter who aren't in the UFC.

Which in the long run it makes it harder to discuss MMA with my not so versified MMA buddies, who only Watch the UFC product and have low opinions on non UFC MMA fighters.

But they aren't. They are directly shitting on present UFC fighters because they used to be non-UFC. When Frank Mir says Overeem is a pure striker therefore will lose to Brock Lesnar it makes the UFC look bad when he smashes Brock then Mir himself.

When Mir picked Overeem to lose to Lesnar, he was speaking from the point of view of a grappler vs a striker, Mir is a grappler, so obviously he will be biased to pick the grappler, regardless of what promotion he came from. I remember in an interview he said something like "Brock's a wrestler, Reem's a striker, 9 times out of 10 you'll expect the wrestler to get the fight to the ground, so .."

And Reem hasn't smashed Mir yet so not sure why you're using that as evidence to support your argument.

Or when Sonnen says Overeem is a joke/non-top 10 and then 3 months later he is announced to be fighting JDS for the belt. Same thing with Florian or Sonnen doing it. But shameless corporate yes-man is as shameless corporate yes-man does.

Overeem's stint in the UFC has been a joke. He beat Lesnar, who had been battling with that illness for ages, then he got caught doping and since then has been KO'd twice. Not exactly a stellar performance, and he'd be lucky to be counted in the top 10 right now. Its highly unlikely he'll fight for the belt.

And you're annoyed by Mir saying he was going to beat Barnett, in the lead up to their fight? What else should he have said? "Josh is going to maul me" ??

Well Chael claims he owes a debt of gratitude to Dana, then gives an interview claiming he got 100 bucks to fight Babalu. Frank is a company man and indeed he got rich fighting for the UFC so why rock the boat? All the "company men" got rich. Franklin, Chuck, Mir are all rich men not because they were the best but because they knew how their bread was buttered.

We all know Pride was better at the time, the HW champ fought both the UFC HW champs of the same time and smashed both, Chuck entered the Pride 205 tourney and got burried, Anderson and Dan were the best 185ers and Gomi KO'd Jens Pulver.

Sadistic right? Just got flash KO'd from a knee and they give him a guy with knees from hell :)

As for the topic, I'd rather root for the fighter, promotions are among the last thing on my list as a fan. PRIDE did great, strikeforce had good matches, WEC had good matches... etc etc.... UFC is just how it ended up as a result of things... I don't watch pro wrestling anymore, although I was a Hulkamaniac... but it's pretty much what the WWE did.

Doesn't mean regional shows or smaller promotions don't have people just as talented by any means -- I watch streams of anything available, whenever available, even if it's on in the background. UFC is the main stage, but it hasn't always been ; and there's no reason at all to not watch other places for legit people.

The OP breaks down to "fights will happen, and things will continue to change etc... " on par with "Tonight's forecast: Dark. Continued dark throughout most of the evening, with some widely scattered light towards morning."

Agree.
and +1 for the Carlin quote.

2 consecutive?

Mir has 3 straight losses now (JDS, Cormier, Barnett) and Overeem will be his fourth.

Reem's fist on Mir's chin will silence Mir from talking ever again.

Frank Mir and every fighter that talks about how the UFC is "the Best fighting the Best 3 times a year" annoy me. Especially the ones that say fighters that are entering the UFC have to step their game up.

The UFC Lightweight Division and the addition of the WEC guys and Strikeforce guys basically took out the top 10 guys in the UFC Lightweight Division out. Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard, Nate Diaz, Jim Miller, Melvin Guillard, Joe Lauzon, etc.

The top Lightweights were having a Rematch from their WEC Title fight, now in the UFC.

Frank Mir is a guy that irks me. He talks down on the competition in other promotions, Strikeforce being one that he talked about the competition nto being up to par.

Frank Mir was top 5 at one point, now that the Strikeforce Heavyweights are in, Frank Mir has lost to Cormier, Barnett, and now fighting to keep his job against Alistair Overeem. 3 Strikeforce guys in a row.

It just goes to show you that the UFC guys, are just like everyone else. A guy working in a promotion. One that just happens to be more popular than the others.

Gray Maynard has only lost to Edgar making their series 1-1-1, and TJ Grant, who won their only fight. Maynard is yet to fight any opponent from the Promotions you mention.
However, your point is well taken, though misplaced.

It is true. The best fighters dont nessisarily fight in the UFC. The UFC is all about who they can market... About as far as you can get from a linear sports competition. Not to say that is completely a bad thing but still.

huge misconception to think the ufc roster is all guys picked by merit alone.

Yup, Dana will try and brain wash fans that they have the best fighters and a few of their fighters kiss their asses like Kenny, Mir. it's paid off for them..

Strikeforce, Pride had better fighters at one point.

Mir talking about Barnett's padded record was funny.

I always believed UFC guys are better then the rest.
When the WEC lightweights came in and made waves it made me question it, but after a while I came back to thinking the same thing.
Then strikeforce joined in and made waves :\.
Oh, and now i'm back to thinking the same.

Back