Frank Mir "All you people who wanna sit on your computers.."

I agree that the "Mir is washed up" narrative is dumb. He's a much better striker than he's ever been, and he hasn't regressed on the ground. No version of Mir beats guys like Barnett, DC, Overeem or JDS (or Werdum, or Cain, or Stipe). He's what he's always been--an exciting fighter who loses to contenders and usually beats non-contenders.

With the exception of i think Mir could beat Barnett or Stipe given... For once I agree with Jack Savage Mir Hater.

he's so insecure. Always has to belittle his critics. Ad hominem attacks. The guy has really low self esteem

he's so insecure. Always has to belittle his critics. Ad hominem attacks. The guy has really low self esteem

It probably got punched out of his head. I can't imagine the brock lesnar incident was great for his mental health.

I still remember Mir saying how he is 100 times the athlete than the guys he or Nogueira was coaching in at TUF. So yeah im not really gonna listen to his philosophies. He showed his true colors when he was on the show.

This. He is so insecure. True man would just laugh it off and not give a fuck. Really people just watch his coaching on the Ultimate fighter.

It's certainly possible. I think Arlovski has earned a title shot (and generally that title shots should be given on the basis of wins over contenders), but I don't really see him as one of the best fighters in the division (hope I'm wrong, though--I've been cheering for him on this latest run). I think it's a good matchup in that both guys have ways to win and the true odds are pretty even. I'm leaning toward Arlovski, though.

The way I see it is that the only way Mir loses is if he gets bullied up against the cage or out wrestled -- neither of which are strategies that Arlovski uses. Flexible Mir is going to catch Arlovski with something: whether it be a punch or a submission, I don't know.

Maybe Mir's camp is banking on Arlovski going for the flying knee and will sit back and wait for that :D.

It probably got punched out of his head. I can't imagine the brock lesnar incident was great for his mental health.

All joking aside, the Brock loss seemed to fuck with him more than any other because in his next fight after that KO loss, he had 20 extra pounds or so of muscle on him(Kongo fight) and iirc he was constantly calling out Brock. He was put up against Carwin to set up a rubber match but we all know how that played out.

Brock fucked Mir up so much that he started juicing. He was a confirmed TRT user if I'm not mistaken so I don't think this is fighter bashing.

I liked what he said about cynical people and their self hatred. I really hope he will get a color commentator gig when he calls it quits.

He got fired and banned from that years ago when he said he wanted to kill Brock Lesnar and have him be the first death in the Octagon.

This. He is so insecure. True man would just laugh it off and not give a fuck. Really people just watch his coaching on the Ultimate fighter.

Yup.

It's kinda understandable though. Most fighters who lose all their fights over a 3 year period start to question themselves, it's only normal.

Throughout his entire career Mir has never put together a winning streak of more than 4 fights. Being insecure goes hand in hand with somebody that loses fairly regularly, especially when they lose as conclusively as Mir normally does.

To me Frank Mir is the main event, I'll be tuning out after his fight. PS Mir has got a hell of a lot of fights left in him.

1 more brutal KO away from retiring. I wish him best of luck.

Yup.

It's kinda understandable though. Most fighters who lose all their fights over a 3 year period start to question themselves, it's only normal.

Throughout his entire career Mir has never put together a winning streak of more than 4 fights. Being insecure goes hand in hand with somebody that loses fairly regularly, especially when they lose as conclusively as Mir normally does.

He is scared because he was at his peak when he had his motorcycle accident. His recovery has been better than expected. He will win some, he will get KTFO some, but he will not be champion again, that's just life. He is definitely insecure because he knows his days are numbered in the UFC. He went 4 years between wins and that could easily happen again.

Who are all these idiots using computers as chairs?

They're doing it wrong.

My thought exactly. Not even once have I considered sitting on top of my computer, when I have a perfectly good working chair right next to it.

Back