Francis screwed himself and the fans

Francis may be realizing he overplayed his hand. He'll make a huge payday in boxing and fighters will be willing to take it because they know it's easy work for them. But what after that? He's likely one and done in the ring. Either he was planning to retire post or didn't think it through fully and will be forced to grovel.
When is the huge boxing payday happening tho? Francis is reportedly talking kickboxing matches with Global.

When is the huge boxing payday happening tho? Francis is reportedly talking kickboxing matches with Global.
That's a great point. Which may make him regret his stance even more.

francis indeed screwed himself. id say jones pretty well erased nggano’s promotional angle, that he’s the best mma heavyweight fighter. now they’re going to offer him pennies to get kod by the boxing equivalent of himself (wilder—an unskilled, overhyped one trick pony).

Reyes and Anthony Smith stuffed Jones takedowns, but you think Francis couldn't?
i think the pressure of KO threat Jon easy sets up trips or TD's,,, just like he did with Gane he wait for the one big shot come under a big shot and shoot or trip then it whole diff game ... Jon a wrestler.. once its there its over for both guys... shrugs,,, Jon knees still good ... part rampage problem was not he thought he could KO anybody .. it was his knees were shot well Francis already has bad knees ... i dont think its big as threat as it made out to be just like Gane... you dont just learn a life time of wrestling

Remains to be seen. I hope it works out and he makes more outside the UFC. He stuck it to the man, can't fault him for that

After last night the Consensus is Jones is the Goat. Had Francis signed the deal and won he could have been talked about as one of the best to ever do it.

Without him signing the deal we were robbed of what could have been a much more competitive fight.

What should have been decided by them fighting last night will now be left to sherbros arguing about who would have won, probably forever.
There is no evidence Jones would have come back if Ngannou was still around.
We only know he declined to come back when Ngannou got the belt.

There is no evidence Jones would have come back if Ngannou was still around.
We only know he declined to come back when Ngannou got the belt.
How many times can a lie be repeated?
I have asked in multiple threads of many people what evidence there is of this and there is none, it’s simply anti Jones propaganda.

The FACT is Francis was offered to be the highest paid heavyweight in UFC history with the first fight being Jon Jones and he refused.

It's rumored he is getting like 30M to box. If he gets that amount,food for him

It's about money. It's always been about money. The boxing top heavyweights make like minimum 8 million per fight and that's on the LOW end. Francis looking to make at least double that for ONE boxing match. Francis in the ufc makes like 3 million per fight. Do the math. Him getting 16 million for one boxing match is like 5 ufc fights.

Francis can easily chase this boxing match, lose. Then literally come back to the ufc, cut in contendership line and face jones immediately. Meanwhile running away with a nice bag o cash

How many times can a lie be repeated?
I have asked in multiple threads of many people what evidence there is of this and there is none, it’s simply anti Jones propaganda.

The FACT is Francis was offered to be the highest paid heavyweight in UFC history with the first fight being Jon Jones and he refused.
Enough evidence or nah?

Francis could have got taken out too and everyone will be crying how the HWs suck blah blah blah. Jones just took out the number 2 guy and people are saying Gane sucks.

Was there credible evidence that Ngannou declined Jones during the three years that Jones was ducking?
You can be sour that Jones was negotiating for three years to get a better deal, but the fact they offered Francis the Jones fight means exactly the opposite of what you claim. He never ducked Francis.

If he doesn’t get a multimillion dollar fight, he made a terrible move.
If he gets a bunch of nice paying fights with independent sponsors maybe he made a good move. you don't know what he wants. one thing I know is that once you lose in this sport you're considered a tomato can by morons on this website and your earning potential will be drastically reduced. Maybe he ran from Jones because he thought he would lose but that's mainly because he knew if he lost he would need to get a massive payday to offset his future earnings losses.

Enough evidence or nah?

Thats just negotiation.

If Jones was truly ducking Francis then they would not have offered Francis a huge deal with the first fight being Jones vs Francis.

They can’t offer him the Deal unless Jones is willing and had agreed to it.

The fact is they offered Francis that deal for months and he decided to try to chase a big payday to lose in boxing.

It's about money. It's always been about money. The boxing top heavyweights make like minimum 8 million per fight and that's on the LOW end. Francis looking to make at least double that for ONE boxing match. Francis in the ufc makes like 3 million per fight. Do the math. Him getting 16 million for one boxing match is like 5 ufc fights.

Francis can easily chase this boxing match, lose. Then literally come back to the ufc, cut in contendership line and face jones immediately. Meanwhile running away with a nice bag o cash
giphy.gif

They offered Francis a huge deal, would have been the highest paid heavyweight in history.

Even Francis said it was not money.

He wanted to be able to do UFC and boxing and the UFC said no.

I think he really pissed Dana off and there is a very good chance he never steps back in the octagon again vs Jones or anyone for that matter.

Remains to be seen. I hope it works out and he makes more outside the UFC. He stuck it to the man, can't fault him for that

Except he didn’t.
It cost his legacy and the fans more than the UFC.

Except he didn’t.
It cost his legacy and the fans more than the UFC.
He did, he pursued other options. I doubt he'll care if he's ballin' outside the UFC, and ultimately it boils down to how he feels about his decision, not how anyone else does

Back