News Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Set to Headline UFC Fight Night Ohio March 28th

Who Wins?

• Francis Ngannou

• Jairzinho Rozenstruik

Results are only viewable after voting.
Francis could lose this one via KO. Rose is no joke, he has better standup than Nganou and has power.

He actually follows a path very similar to Francis: a couple of unranked UFC fighters, then Arlovsky and Overeem.
Except Arlovsky and Overeem were higher ranked when Ngannou fought them.

You're spot on. My original post was off the mark, Francis is carving a path for these guys. Unfortunately, there's a few stop along that path that involve wrecking my a
favourite fighters in Arlovski and Reem..

<{you!}>

A fighter doesn't agree to fight someone on two weeks notice if he's afraid. And yes he did have a choice. Ngannou had a choice, too, and he decided not to fight him, despite ngannou complaining about not being able to get fights
"A fighter doesn't agree to fight someone on two weeks notice if he's afraid. And yes he did have a choice."
No volkov had no choice on the opponent, the UFC choose, if he refused the fight, he'lle get trashed by russian fans ( honor is important over there ).

Now for ngannou : fight on 12 days notice, in your opponent home country, very hostile btw, lower ranked, 8 hours of jet lags, no TS guarantee whatsoever etc
Dont need to be genius to know that it is a bad idea. Ngannou asked for volkov twice with a proper training camp, volkov refused.

Volkov vs ngannou who wins in your opinion ??<Lmaoo>

"A fighter doesn't agree to fight someone on two weeks notice if he's afraid. And yes he did have a choice."
No volkov had no choice on the opponent, the UFC choose, if he refused the fight, he'lle get trashed by russian fans ( honor is important over there ).

Now for ngannou : fight on 12 days notice, in your opponent home country, very hostile btw, lower ranked, 8 hours of jet lags, no TS guarantee whatsoever etc
Dont need to be genius to know that it is a bad idea. Ngannou asked for volkov twice with a proper training camp, volkov refused.

Volkov vs ngannou who wins in your opinion ??<Lmaoo>

ah, i was wrong then. my bad. I think ngannou wins, but i really don't get the impression that volkov was ducking.

ah, i was wrong then. my bad. I think ngannou wins, but i really don't get the impression that volkov was ducking.
you dont need any impressions, ngannou is higher ranked than volkov, and vokov still refused to fight him twice ... I dont blame volkov honestly, he knows his abilities, beating ngannou is not in his abilities.

you dont need any impressions, ngannou is higher ranked than volkov, and vokov still refused to fight him twice ... I dont blame volkov honestly, he knows his abilities, beating ngannou is not in his abilities.

well, volkov schooled lewis for 14 minutes and 57 seconds, whereas ngannou just stared at him. I'm not as sure as you are. I'm never that sure when it comes to MMA.

It's possible the UFC didn't offer him the fight for some reasons. But if he is smart he should definitely duck this one and hope get matched with JdS or Overeem.
I really wouldn't blame him for that if he wasn't bragging that much on twitter.

well, volkov schooled lewis for 14 minutes and 57 seconds, whereas ngannou just stared at him. I'm not as sure as you are. I'm never that sure when it comes to MMA.
Yes Volkov schooled Lewis for 14min 57s, and those last 3 seconds are an excellent reason to avoid Ngannou.
Horrible matchup for him: Much faster movement than Lewis, more powerful, much more efficient at finishing people, longer reach than him, iron chin.
Volkov has good point striking: good hands and excellent kick but he is slow and is chin is very open. Even Hardy landed some clean shots.

I suspect he may have to worry about other little things...
I don't see Ngannou gassing before round 4 against a slow pace flat footed pure striker. There was more action in the first round of Stipe-Ngannou than in 5 rounds of Roz-Overeem.

What does "action" have anything to do with Ngannou beating Rozenstruik? Are you implying Ngannou throwing a bunch of wild strikes and not finishing Miocic somehow means he is going to defeat "slow paced" Roz? What would you call the fight with Ngannou against Lewis that he lost? Rozenstruik' beating two fighters (Arlovski and Crowder) in 40 seconds says plenty about knowing when to pounce. The same goes for the Overeem finish.

Roz's defense against Overeem looks like someone that is working hard on not being a pure striker. He didn't get subbed or take damage on the ground or was in any danger. When I think of "pure striker" in MMA, I think of K-1 guys that are finished as soon as they wind up on their backs.

vokov got KOed by lewis <Lmaoo>
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1046822922%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Fuck yes - UFC heavy fight I'm actually stoked for. If zhino has sturdy chin, this could be one for the ages. Interesting after work Francis put in since title loss, matchmakers and Ngannou quick to sign.
This is usually the spot where a guy like Francis " might " trip up. Half of me cant wait- the other half is why eliminate one of these guys in a division starving for some big names/( talent to go with it).

I mean I guess I’ll watch it

If you insist

Jairzinho is still recovering from his fight that just happened and still fighting before the Khaib/Tony fight. That's some bullshit. Sould've made them fight in February.

Blame Khabib, he's the one that insists he needs 4 month training camps (not even exaggerating that number)

What does "action" have anything to do with Ngannou beating Rozenstruik? Are you implying Ngannou throwing a bunch of wild strikes and not finishing Miocic somehow means he is going to defeat "slow paced" Roz?
That only means: don't expect Ngannou to get tired early in a stand up only fight against a slow pace flat footed fighter.

What would you call the fight with Ngannou against Lewis that he lost?
I would call that a very good example of fight where Ngannou didn't get tired. Thanks for bringing it up.

Rozenstruik' beating two fighters (Arlovski and Crowder) in 40 seconds says plenty about knowing when to pounce. The same goes for the Overeem finish.

Roz's defense against Overeem looks like someone that is working hard on not being a pure striker. He didn't get subbed or take damage on the ground or was in any danger. When I think of "pure striker" in MMA, I think of K-1 guys that are finished as soon as they wind up on their backs.
Come on, he was losing all rounds, and got a lucky opening in the last 5 seconds. Good job lasting that long and seizing the opportunity, but the fight overall wasn't outstanding.

ALL HAIL THE JUST BLEED GODS!!!!!

If Francis loses this he was never good, he was totally a hack, never my friend, can't wrestle, etc

If he wins he should have the belt wrapped around him like five years ago and Stipe should be executed

Back