Media Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane first Face-off respect or Fear

No fear, but both know the other guy is good. A bit of hespect, but still tension, that a half-forced fist bump was kind of nice.

When you can hit like Francis and close distance in the blink of an eye, you don't fear anyone.

Ciryl: J'suis content, Francis.
Francis: Peu importe ce que tu penses, je te respecte,, ne laisse pas tout ça entrer dans ta tête; on se donnera la guerre Samedi, mais je te respecte.
Ciryl: Je suis content et je suis fier de ?????

Francis told him that no matter what he thinks, he respects him, don't let it get into your head, we might go to war Saturday but I respect you
Ciryl told him that he was happy and proud to fight him...

There is just a couple words at the very end from Ciryl that I didn't catch, because Dana speaks over him STEP FORWARD PLEASE
Si quelqu'un qui a une meilleur oreille que moi, et a capté ce que Gane dit en dernier, merci d'avance!

J'ai vécu quelques années en France, c'était difficile à apprendre au début, mais c'est vite entré dans mon top 3 favorites languages <mma4>
French feels very "noble", while English feels, as Robert Pattison put it, "simple and ugly".

Gane vs Ngannou will be huge, I haven't been as excited for a UFC HW title bout since... mmmmhhhhh.... Werdum vs Cain maybe?
It was massive at the time, the Fedor slayer vs the New Breed...
It was truly the 2 best HWs of that time fighting for the most prestigious HW belt.

I guess I was pretty hyped up for Lesnar vs Mir II as well, but that fight didn't feel like the 2 best HWs in the world facing off.

Anyone else feels like putting some $$$ on Gane ITD?
I'll fell stupid if Gane wins by decision, but I just don't see Ngannou lasting 5 rounds, win or lose.

My gut tells me Bon Gamin in the 4th round, TKO.
Then let's do Gane vs Jon Jones in MMA, and in boxing let's have Ngannou vs Jake Paul and then Deontay Wilder the following week end.

Shookologists will analyze this for hours.
All of us right up to the fight.

joe-rogan-staredown.gif

"No matter what you think, I do respect you. We are going to war on Saturday but I respect you."
Don't forget the little "don't let it get inside your head" before the war part, "ne laisse pas tout ça entrer dans ta tête"

I guess it could sound condescending, like "don't get scared, kiddo", but it really didn't feel that way; more like a genuine advice, and a way of saying that none of the drama is about Ciryl.

Really, it's all between Fernand Lopez and Ngannou...

Lopez must feel hurt that he took Ngannou off the streets, gave him clothes, a roof, training equipment, a job at the gym to pay for his training, helped him do his papers to get all kinds of health & money helps for the government,
and convinced him to give MMA a try and it ended up being the best thing that ever happened to Francis.
He must have felt like Francis owed him for life after doing that.
(France is a fantastic country for immigrants fleeing from poverty/war/crime/racism ridden shitholes, but you do have to make the steps yourself to receive "free" apartment, money and specialized healthcare )

Francis on the other hand credited the guys at Fernand's gym for all that good stuff, not Lopez himself. Like, sure Fernand helped him, but because the guys asked him to, and they also asked him to watch Ngannou spar with the others, which led to Fernand "discovering" Ngannou <{chips}>

We'll have to wait for Francis to write a book 10 years from now, or more likely for Fernand to write one in a couple months if Ngannou beats his new protégé.
Lopez takes a lot of shit from Sherdog lately, not sure why the public opinion on him changed so fast <Fedor23>

WAR A-LEVEL ATHLETE BON GAMIN

Ciryl: J'suis content, Francis.
Francis: Peu importe ce que tu penses, je te respecte,, ne laisse pas tout ça entrer dans ta tête; on se donnera la guerre Samedi, mais je te respecte.
Ciryl: Je suis content et je suis fier de ?????

Francis told him that no matter what he thinks, he respects him, don't let it get into your head, we might go to war Saturday but I respect you
Ciryl told him that he was happy and proud to fight him...

There is just a couple words at the very end from Ciryl that I didn't catch, because Dana speaks over him STEP FORWARD PLEASE
Si quelqu'un qui a une meilleur oreille que moi, et a capté ce que Gane dit en dernier, merci d'avance!

J'ai vécu quelques années en France, c'était difficile à apprendre au début, mais c'est vite entré dans mon top 3 favorites languages <mma4>
French feels very "noble", while English feels, as Robert Pattison put it, "simple and ugly".

Gane vs Ngannou will be huge, I haven't been as excited for a UFC HW title bout since... mmmmhhhhh.... Werdum vs Cain maybe?
It was massive at the time, the Fedor slayer vs the New Breed...
It was truly the 2 best HWs of that time fighting for the most prestigious HW belt.

I guess I was pretty hyped up for Lesnar vs Mir II as well, but that fight didn't feel like the 2 best HWs in the world facing off.

Anyone else feels like putting some $$$ on Gane ITD?
I'll fell stupid if Gane wins by decision, but I just don't see Ngannou lasting 5 rounds, win or lose.

My gut tells me Bon Gamin in the 4th round, TKO.
Then let's do Gane vs Jon Jones in MMA, and in boxing let's have Ngannou vs Jake Paul and then Deontay Wilder the following week end.

Fucking Goat post!!

Mothing but hespect for these two guys who are the absolute peak of human cock fighting.

Absolutely cannot wait for this rooting for Francis as he won the coin flip as I am a massive fan of both guys!!

Go to war lads and let the cards land how they may!!

Goddamn Hyped as fuck for this one!!

Let the Mountains Shake and the Sea’s swell while mother earth groans as these Titans Clash!!

War the best HW clash for the past 10 years imo!!

Last edited:
Two very large, very nervous men in a foreign country trying to look casual in fron t of a huge audience, and their boss.

Let's see that staredown on fight night.

<{JustBleed}>

Lmfao you’re the goat brother

Don't forget the little "don't let it get inside your head" before the war part, "ne laisse pas tout ça entrer dans ta tête"

I guess it could sound condescending, like "don't get scared, kiddo", but it really didn't feel that way; more like a genuine advice, and a way of saying that none of the drama is about Ciryl.

Really, it's all between Fernand Lopez and Ngannou...

Lopez must feel hurt that he took Ngannou off the streets, gave him clothes, a roof, training equipment, a job at the gym to pay for his training, helped him do his papers to get all kinds of health & money helps for the government,
and convinced him to give MMA a try and it ended up being the best thing that ever happened to Francis.
He must have felt like Francis owed him for life after doing that.
(France is a fantastic country for immigrants fleeing from poverty/war/crime/racism ridden shitholes, but you do have to make the steps yourself to receive "free" apartment, money and specialized healthcare )

Francis on the other hand credited the guys at Fernand's gym for all that good stuff, not Lopez himself. Like, sure Fernand helped him, but because the guys asked him to, and they also asked him to watch Ngannou spar with the others, which led to Fernand "discovering" Ngannou <{chips}>

We'll have to wait for Francis to write a book 10 years from now, or more likely for Fernand to write one in a couple months if Ngannou beats his new protégé.
Lopez takes a lot of shit from Sherdog lately, not sure why the public opinion on him changed so fast <Fedor23>

WAR A-LEVEL ATHLETE BON GAMIN

Dude your killing it. Very insightful xox

Imagine needing embellished drama to be excited for a fight between the two clear cut best heavyweights on earth. Hilarious.

Fuck the Drama man!! These guys are excitement personified. Fucking Animals!! I legit get goosebumps the closer this gets.

Who the F needs Jones at HW. We got Gane and Francis!!!

Both cool as cucumbers, but Cyril's just unflappable, man, save for that one brief look of disappointment when Ngannou insisted on the "knockdown".
AND NEW!!! Probablement.

Back