• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Francis Ngannou set for tell all interview with Ariel Helwani on Jan 17th

Are you going to watch this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell all of what? UFC offered him a big contract, he thought he could make more somewhere else and wants to chase a boxing bout. If he doesn't have one already, he gave away all of his leverage and will be lucky to take the losing end of an 80/20 split with Wilder, and Deontay Wilder isn't going to pay for his medical insurance either.

Last edited:
Ariel always gets the biggest interviews

I remember he used to be Dana's guy for a while as well

He gave Ariel the strike force acquisition interview and a bunch of other huge ones.

Ariel always gets the biggest interviews

I remember he used to be Dana's guy for a while as well

He gave Ariel the strike force acquisition interview and a bunch of other huge ones.
Why do you think Ariel is so polarizing with MMA fans?

<Dany07>
Decent birthday present for me
I may actually tune in for the first time.

As much as it sucks that we won't see him fight on the biggest stage, I think this is a big step towards shifting some of the power back to fighters.

Let me guess. He's going to say it was never about the money?

Or maybe it was the fact that dana wouldn't pay him conor money?

Lol what? This is currently one of the biggest news in the MMA world right now. Francis is the first reigning champion to leave the promotion since 2004 (BJ penn). Everyone wants to hear Francis side now. Ariel gets the exclusive interview.

If it was anyone else than Ariel, ya'll probably wouldn't bitch, but since it is Ariel ya'll keep acting like bitches.

You do you

ariel-arielhelwani.gif
Can't remember Khabib losing his belt before taking off.

Why do you think Ariel is so polarizing with MMA fans?
He's always kind of stirred the pot. Kinda like what fighters do to market themselves, but as an interviewer.

But at the same time, he's one of the best in the business from a professional point of view and is one of the few who isn't afraid to speak against the UFC machine.

Being polarizing isn't a bad thing, having haters isn't a bad thing. It actually means you're doing something right In this industry.

With Dana, its kind of ironic because he's very openly always loved guys who had big balls, spoke their minds and don't give a f. Probably why Ariel was his boy to begin with.

But when you mess with his business, he's a cold man.

Can't remember Khabib losing his belt before taking off.

Khabib isn't free to pursue contracts outside of the UFC (obviously, he could compete in Russia and just ignore any breach of contract suits they issued, but that goes for anyone, regardless). He retired. That isn't the same situation.

Maybe we'll see what it really is. I've heard...
- It's not about money, it's health insurance and being able to box.
- It's about money and getting paid what you're worth.
- It's about independent contractor vs employee.
- It's about Ngannou being stuck on a shit contract.
- It's about standing up for fighters to do it for the roster

List goes on, you'll see everyone here inject their own opinion on Ngannou's actions. Maybe hearing it straight from his mouth would clear things up. Ariel is perfect because they can both hate on Dana non stop with no repercussions. There's too much of a romanticized ideas being thrown around for essentially a contract dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back