Francis Ngannou Prepared to Leave UFC for Professional Boxing and "Nuke Some Fools"

Would you like to see Francis fight as a pro boxer?

• Total voters
He’d get embarrassed if he fights anyone outside of club and regional fighters. HW depth in boxing right now is at its greatest since the late 80s/early 90s.

Francis has a good thing going for him in mma, dude is at the top of the division and he's getting paid real well considering factoring his little experience
he's in for a rude awakening if he decides to step into HW boxing where guys don't gas in the 1st round and are MUCH faster and more technical

i wouldnt count him out. heavyweight division in Boxing is fairly soft. He's got big power and speed.

But he doesnt have the cardio. Neither do some of the big names at heavyweight though. Look at Anthony Joshua. Just completed gassed out and got KO'd by a 10 to 1 dog.

Ngannou needs an elite trainer.

Fairly soft ? Fury, Wilder, AJ, Ruiz, Whyte, Usyk, Parker, Pulev, Povetkin, Chisora, Joyce would all murk him.

AJ only gasses when he gets dropped, which Francis would not come close to doing.

Joe Hogan went full moron mode with the Reem math. Mixing 3 totally different sports ( mma, kickboxing and boxing ) to predict and outcome is beyond retarded.

1) Francis didnt beat Reem in K1. He beat a skinny, old Reem in mma. Totally different sport.

2) Boxing is nothing like k1 or mma. If that was the case then Aleks Emelianenko would be a top world boxer lmao.

Yeah but admit it
My story sounded way better

So you're saying it's like the old Italian quip 'Se non è vero, è ben trovato' (if it's not true, it's a good story)? That depends on one's tastes. It's a sharper and simpler tale, to be sure, one with a stronger outline. But I prefer nuance and naturalism. Which I guess is a good part of why I don't care for WWE-style antics and shittalking etc.

The reason he fights mma is because he’s not good enough to box

The end
Lol yeah i remember hearing that. His trainer said he was too wild with no defense or head movement.

Don’t ever listen to Joe Rogan. This is the same man who said Ronda could out box Floyd.
He said she was a once in a lifetime human, and also said conor mcgregor hits a thousand times harder than manny pacquiao and floyd will be in trouble the moment conor lands a flush shot

Fairly soft ? Fury, Wilder, AJ, Ruiz, Whyte, Usyk, Parker, Pulev, Povetkin, Chisora, Joyce would all murk him.

AJ only gasses when he gets dropped, which Francis would not come close to doing.

What about Jarrell Miller? Lost to old man Cro Cop twice in kickboxing.

Rogan needs zero assistance to make himself look bad, he's a fountain of idiocy.

He thought that Rousey could beat half of the men's Bantamweights.

He compared Rousey to prime Roy Jones Jr.

He thought she had the best striking (man or woman) in UFC history and better than prime Tyson.

Tried to convince an actual fighter in Cerrone that Rousey had good striking technique:

Oh and he also thinks that blacks have a different (and inferior) brain to whites:
(Timestamped)

DAMN JOE!!

He'd beat the piss outta club fighters and journeymen but the guys at the top would school his ass.

“First of all, boxing is my background,” Francis Ngannou recently told Helen Yee (via LowKickMMA). “Boxing was my first love for a very long time. For more than 10 years I have been loving boxing without even knowing what MMA was.
Wow. A couple years ago sherdoggers were creaming over each other saying that Ngannou hadn't trained in any fight style ever until 3 years prior.

I guess sherdog was wrong. Again.

So you're saying it's like the old Italian quip 'Se non è vero, è ben trovato' (if it's not true, it's a good story)? That depends on one's tastes. It's a sharper and simpler tale, to be sure, one with a stronger outline. But I prefer nuance and naturalism. Which I guess is a good part of why I don't care for WWE-style antics and shittalking etc.

You are far too intelligent to post on sherdog dude.

The Ambition Builds

“[I’m interested in] competing in the boxing match in general, but Fury and I have some little story together because he was first calling me out in MMA and everything,” Ngannou told MMA Junkie.

“Basically, the man stands, after his fight yesterday, as the best heavyweight. No argument about that – he stands as the best heavyweight. For someone looking to box, you definitely have to go through him to prove that you’re the best.

“I know for a fact that I’m going to do a few boxing matches. I’m not just about one shot. I’m not just [looking for] one big fight [like Conor]. I want to make my own little statement in a boxing career.

“I’m thinking about multiple boxing matches – like straight boxing matches. Let’s see how it plays out. Let’s see what’s on the table, what would be more attractive.

“I don’t know if he was (putting on a) show, as he is a showman, or if he really meant it, but let’s see what happens. I’m here – that’s the point. I’m not going anywhere. So if it’s about to happen, it’ll happen.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/02/francis-ngannou-callout-tyson-fury-multiple-boxing-matches-mma-ufc

Back