Francis Ngannou Prepared to Leave UFC for Professional Boxing and "Nuke Some Fools"

Would you like to see Francis fight as a pro boxer?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Joe Rogan's Excitement May Have Led Ngannou to Consider Leaving UFC

“First of all, boxing is my background,” Francis Ngannou recently told Helen Yee (via LowKickMMA). “Boxing was my first love for a very long time. For more than 10 years I have been loving boxing without even knowing what MMA was. Then, I get in MMA by opportunity, but still boxing lover. So, I think, at some point, I can end up to cross paths with that dream.

“Sooner or later, it’s going to definitely — it might happen.”

If Francis Ngannou does migrate to the sport of boxing, his power will make him a dangerous opponent for just about anybody — even if he’s a few steps behind in terms of technique. For that reason alone, UFC commentator Joe Rogan believes the UFC heavyweight could reach championship heights in the ring.

“Mark my words, if Francis Ngannou decides to jump ship and go to heavyweight boxing, he will nuke some fools,” Rogan said on a recent episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

“If Francis Ngannou has a problem with grappling, what does he not have a problem with? Striking. He KOs Alistair Overeem. Alistair Overeem is a world-class striker. He’s a kickboxer at the highest level, wins the K-1 Grand Prix. I mean, he’s knocked out Badr Hari; he’s beaten ‘Turkish Tyson’ (Gokhan Saki); he’s beaten some good guys.”

Last edited:
The reason he fights mma is because he’s not good enough to box

The end

The reason he fights mma is because he’s not good enough to box

The end
Jesus that's harsh. For real? He seems like he could do very well if he got his cardio and pacing down.

I prefer to see him in mma, cause I like mma..

Francis will get blasted by a decent pro Heavyweight boxer.

Don’t ever listen to Joe Rogan. This is the same man who said Ronda could out box Floyd.

He's not a really good boxer, his striking is better for mma.

Boxing is the next step....time for folks to accept their new Alpha Black future,

I for one, salute our new ebony overlords!

Don’t ever listen to Joe Rogan. This is the same man who said Ronda could out box Floyd.
I’m all for roasting him over Ronda but I don’t believe he said that.

Francis would be too slow for the HW division. His stand up in MMA is good but it's still not the best in the UFC HW division as Stipe proved when he was out boxing Francis

How many decent French heavyweight (or any weight) boxers has been sparring with, cause I dont know any over there.

I’m all for roasting him over Ronda but I don’t believe he said that.
Believe it man. This was back before she got the shit kicked out of her by Holm and everyone thought Wonder Woman was real.

I think he would do OK with good matchmaking but like the majority of the better MMA fighters and kickboxers that cross over, they do well against the part-time regional level guys but usually lose handily to the full-time pros.

Back