Francis Ngannou (MMA Debut) vs Rachid Benzina

When he wins the announcer calls him Racist; Ngaaaagooo

Quick shoutout to Zoumana Cisse, for taking a longer run-up on those legkicks than Roberto Carlos for his freekicks.

Jokes aside, this shows how low the level at HW really is. Not being a fat fuck and some will to stand and bang plus 3 months of kickboxing and grappling classes down the road should be enough to collect at least some wins on a regional level. There's just not that many people of that size around to begin with.
HWs are the least skilled, yet get compensated the best. I'm trying not to cry about it, but it is kinda sad tbh.

Quick shoutout to Zoumana Cisse, for taking a longer run-up on those legkicks than Roberto Carlos for his freekicks.

Jokes aside, this shows how low the level at HW really is. Not being a fat fuck and some will to stand and bang plus 3 months of kickboxing and grappling classes down the road should be enough to collect at least some wins on a regional level. There's just not that many people of that size around to begin with.
HWs are the least skilled, yet get compensated the best. I'm trying not to cry about it, but it is kinda sad tbh.
Then the more skilled LHW should stop dehydrating themselves and get that bag.

Then the more skilled LHW should stop dehydrating themselves and get that bag.
A swing and a miss. A close on though.
The logic is correct, but you're forgetting that a lot of HWs cut a bit of weight too. There's a reason that weight is considered an advantage. If you're walking around with a healthy 230 pounds, you probably don't want to get in there with a guy weighing 275 on fight night. But it's still compensatable for sure.

A swing and a miss. A close on though.
The logic is correct, but you're forgetting that a lot of HWs cut a bit of weight too. There's a reason that weight is considered an advantage. If you're walking around with a healthy 230 pounds, you probably don't want to get in there with a guy weighing 275 on fight night. But it's still compensatable for sure.
I was being facetious. Everyone here keeps saying how the heavyweights are fat slobs with no skills and can easily beaten by the more skilled lighter weight classes, as if size didn’t matter. This is ridiculous. If size didn’t matter there would be no weight classes. The more size and strength the more it matters. Most HWs can beat most LHWs and even more MWs and so on.
The whole point in fight competitions is to see who can beat who in a fight, not who is more skilled.

I'm not convinced he's gotten any better but damn is he scary

The whole point in fight competitions is to see who can beat who in a fight, not who is more skilled.
I'm not really sure what to make of that statement. I guess I would agree, but I don't really see a conflict between the two. More often than not the more skilled fighter wins.
Technically I suppose the three columns of success would be skill, athletic ability and fight iq. But the relationship between them is rather complicated I would argue. If you had to choose 2 of those 3 categories to be average and 1 to be exceptional, I would assume you'd choose the skill to be exceptional. I certainly would.
Physical training will give you diminished results over time. Technique can always be improved.

I'm not even sure what I'm arguing about at this point lol, sorry brother.

My point is just that I would always prefer watching the most skilled athletes in the world compete over watching some bums slug it out.
And compared to other weight classes, that level at HW is frustratingly low. Maybe not even at the very top, but certainly in Amatuer/ low level pro fights. That Armbar attempt from Cisse has to be the worst executed submission attempt I've ever seen.

ADCC Ngannou with the slick arm lock

Back