Francis Ngannou (MMA Debut) vs Rachid Benzina

Quick shoutout to Zoumana Cisse, for taking a longer run-up on those legkicks than Roberto Carlos for his freekicks.

Jokes aside, this shows how low the level at HW really is. Not being a fat fuck and some will to stand and bang plus 3 months of kickboxing and grappling classes down the road should be enough to collect at least some wins on a regional level. There's just not that many people of that size around to begin with.
HWs are the least skilled, yet get compensated the best. I'm trying not to cry about it, but it is kinda sad tbh.
That’s not really. For sure there are fasters 5’7 guys who dribble a basketball better than those 7 foot tall NBA players. They would never get on the team though.
Same thing for MMA. As good as someone like Cejudo is he would lose to any HW on UFC roster

That’s not really. For sure there are fasters 5’7 guys who dribble a basketball better than those 7 foot tall NBA players. They would never get on the team though.
Same thing for MMA. As good as someone like Cejudo is he would lose to any HW on UFC roster
Yeah. That's why there are weight classes!?!

Yeah. That's why there are weight classes!?!
You said it’s sad that lower weight classes get compensated less, although they are the most skilled.

First of all it’s not true, because Conor is not a HW.

Secondly, if NBA would introduce height classes, wouldn’t you expect for shorter guys to be paid less?

You said it’s sad that lower weight classes get compensated less, although they are the most skilled.

First of all it’s not true, because Conor is not a HW.

Secondly, if NBA would introduce height classes, wouldn’t you expect for shorter guys to be paid less?
You're either having great success at trolling me or you do not know how arguments work.

First of all, you're making an example for an exception to a rule that isn't meant to be seen as a rule per person, but as a statistical average.
Secondly, you're contradicting yourself by all of a sudden apparently understanding how generalization works and applying it then to a sport that doesn't have anything to do with MMA in the first place.

The average fight purse for a lightweight in the UFC is lower than the average fight purse for a heavyweight in the UFC.

The NBA argument is bs too, because for basketball it is fair too assume that height can be considered an advantage. The average height in the NBA is much higher than the height of the average man.
Therefore it can be assumed that being taller is an advantage for playing basketball.
Being heavier isn't an advantage in fighting because due to weight classes you actually can't be heavier than your opponent. The competition you're facing will always be your own weight.

So in short, that is an invalid argument as well because basketball isn't MMA.

In long, it's also idiotic because your second argument contradicts your first argument. Steph Curry gets paid better than most NBA players, eventhough most of them are taller than him.

You're either having great success at trolling me or you do not know how arguments work.

First of all, you're making an example for an exception to a rule that isn't meant to be seen as a rule per person, but as a statistical average.
Secondly, you're contradicting yourself by all of a sudden apparently understanding how generalization works and applying it then to a sport that doesn't have anything to do with MMA in the first place.

The average fight purse for a lightweight in the UFC is lower than the average fight purse for a heavyweight in the UFC.

The NBA argument is bs too, because for basketball it is fair too assume that height can be considered an advantage. The average height in the NBA is much higher than the height of the average man.
Therefore it can be assumed that being taller is an advantage for playing basketball.
Being heavier isn't an advantage in fighting because due to weight classes you actually can't be heavier than your opponent. The competition you're facing will always be your own weight.

So in short, that is an invalid argument as well because basketball isn't MMA.

In long, it's also idiotic because your second argument contradicts your first argument. Steph Curry gets paid better than most NBA players, eventhough most of them are taller than him.
Boy, you contradict yourself more than me and it’s not even close.

Weight isn’t an advantage in fighting? So if MMA didn’t have weight classes and just open weight classes, how many UFC titles would Mighty Mouse have? Or Cejudo? Volkanovski? Even Khabib wouldn’t ever crack the top10.

Just like in NBA, you most tall to play, in MMA without weight classe only big guys would be fighting

Boy, you contradict yourself more than me and it’s not even close.

Weight isn’t an advantage in fighting? So if MMA didn’t have weight classes and just open weight classes, how many UFC titles would Mighty Mouse have? Or Cejudo? Volkanovski? Even Khabib wouldn’t ever crack the top10.

Just like in NBA, you most tall to play, in MMA without weight classe only big guys would be fighting
Where have I contradicted myself Sherlock GOATtalks?

2nd pro fight

Never watched this before ty.

Its like Francis's striking has barely improved over the years, he is still reckless and sloppy as hell. But he gets away with it due to his power and chin. Its a joke to me that this guy wants to box Fury, he will embarrass himself even in his current form.

His technique looked awful there, but it was very clear right from the beginning that he had ridiculous power.

Back