News Francis Ngannou his 18-month-old son has passed away

francis's story is like no other. he is able to articulate and convey whatever he feels, very cerebral. you instantly understand what he's saying, and he says things in a respectful, endearing way. and english isn't even his first language. the man has overcome so much adversity, real poverty, and has experienced things we will never fully know or understand because how could we? he has lived such a hard life. for him to rise through the ranks of the UFC, have his UFC career, and then be the first fighter to say F U and forge his own path, one where he did unthinkable things, succeeded, secured his money, and most importantly respect in the fight game, respect from his peers and fans that understand this story, this just all seems so unfair. he could finally provide to his offspring the chances and opportunities, the childhood that was robbed from him. it all just seems so unfair. his social media posts are heartbreaking to read.

That's horrible, he had already lost a 15 months old daughter (Benicia) last year, and now he also loses his son Kobe?

Poor Francis...
Whhaaaat??? His daughter passed away as well????? I had no idea he ever had a daughter.

Whhaaaat??? His daughter passed away as well????? I had no idea he ever had a daughter.
I have no idea why I thought that, but thankfully I appear to be wrong.
What's eerie is that the only 2 sources I found stating that he had lost a daughter also called her "Benicia", so I must have read that somewhere years ago and it stuck with me
One example of those articles (most of them are in French):

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma, man. To react that way when you go visit her shows that you and gma have an incredible bond, so in that sense it makes me happy to know that you got to feel that love and warmth in this life. Time doesn't get to take that bond, even when the body goes

*insert dick joke here so I don't tear up rn*

Thanks sir, it's been such a long time since she crossed over yet there's not a day goes by that I don't wish she was still here.

I hear you about the dick joke, I do that a lot so I don't lose it while talkin about her.

You're a real one.

Saw this online this morning. Life is so brutal sometimes. RIP little man. Poor Francis, can't imagine what he must be going through.

This is very sad news. May Ngannou's son Rest In Peace. Condolences to Ngannou and his family.

Just about the worst news any parent can get. Thoughts and prayers for Ngannou and family.

Sad and a timely reminder that millions in the bank doesn't mean shit when it really boils down to it, and that you don't know when your time is over and so chase your dreams while yoy can, whether people believe in you and whether you are successful or not (like Ngannou has done the last few years)

Sad and a timely reminder that millions in the bank doesn't mean shit when it really boils down to it, and that you don't know when your time is over and so chase your dreams while yoy can, whether people believe in you and whether you are successful or not (like Ngannou has done the last few years)
Massive respect for this post...

That's horrible, he had already lost a 15 months old daughter (Benicia) last year, and now he also loses his son Kobe?

Poor Francis...
edit1:thankfully I was wrong, last year several websites reported it and were corrected, but my memory ain't what it used to be.
edit2: Benicia appears to have been his niece, not his daughter
he lost two little babies just like that? huh...
<{fry}>

Back