Francis Ngannou- greatest heavyweight of our generation?

The scary thing about Ngannou is that hes only been training mma for 5 years. If his takedown defense & ground game are improved (can’t tell yet because he’s been KOing people in 30 seconds) then don’t think any heavyweight will be able to touch him.

Miocic beat him on the feet, jabbed him and avoided all his punches using his speed and head movement

Think he's more like the Rumble of the division.

A threat that will destroy everyone but the champ consistently.

Hey, you know, that might end up being a fairly accurate comparison.

I mean, he beat Cain last night, but he beat the name, he didn't beat Cain of old. That alone is enough to feed 'hype'. Just remember what happened when things didn't go his way against Stipe.. And what he did next fight.

Knocked out Overeem. Knocked out Velasquez. He is still relatively inexperienced and has not even entered his prime yet.

Is Francis the next Jon Jones of the heavyweight division? He is nearly unbeatable at this point.

Ummm, i'm not the biggest cain fan, but it was extremely obvious that cain blew out his knee...there was no ko...no punch was landed before cain blew his knee....a win is a win, regardless...

Miocic beat him on the feet, jabbed him and avoided all his punches using his speed and head movement
Take a look at Stipe after the Ngannou fight, looked like the dude got hit in the side of the head with an aluminum baseball bat. Ngannou gassed & lost the fight, but he was never rocked or even close to being finished. Stipe won by the skin of his teeth, & I’d bet Ngannou wins the rematch.

No one is unbeatable, however after his Stipe loss I feel he went from overrated too very underrated. The Black Beast fight was not even a loss, nothing even happened except for staring at eachother, draw.

He has big power and is dangerous for sure, and I think he has a good chin too which is very important.

Hey, you know, that might end up being a fairly accurate comparison.

I mean, he beat Cain last night, but he beat the name, he didn't beat Cain of old. That alone is enough to feed 'hype'. Just remember what happened when things didn't go his way against Stipe.. And what he did next fight.

I'm curious, are people just ignoring the fact that cain's knee blew out...no punches were landed till that knee went...nobody ko'd anybody...this was an unfortunate injury..

He is the most unbeatable fighter than has actually lost multiple times I've ever seen.

DC is the best HW, and it's just because he hasn't fought JBJ @HW.

What Jones does what is to face a guy like Ngannou. A guy where one mistake ... its over. Add in his diminished reach and height advantage he enjoys at LHW. Jones don't want any part of the HW division.

Heck he is even sacred of HW DCs power.

Jones can never be the best HW if he is unwilling to take that chance.

I'm curious, are people just ignoring the fact that cain's knee blew out...no punches were landed till that knee went...nobody ko'd anybody...this was an unfortunate injury..
he was smashed with an upper cut as his 'knee blew out'. reminds me of how cro cops leg folded under him when gonzaga ko'd him with a headkick

there is a GIF on here clearly showing he got hit with an upper cut and then his knee folded sideways as he was going down.

What generation? The retarded generation? Because my generation has a bunch of HW's that are way better than him.

Knocked out Overeem. Knocked out Velasquez. He is still relatively inexperienced and has not even entered his prime yet.

Is Francis the next Jon Jones of the heavyweight division? He is nearly unbeatable at this point.
I'll say he's the most unbeatable to lose to Derrick Lewis.

Embarrassed by Stipe.

Lost a patty-cake match against Derrick Lewis and his old man back.

Nope.

there is a GIF on here clearly showing he got hit with an upper cut and then his knee folded sideways as he was going down.

really? I only watched the highlight and it seemed his knee went out before anything landed...

He's the best because he beat dudes past their prime? No. Ngannou is a scary opponent for anyone though (as long as he comes to fight).

Im on Sherdog for quite some time now and threads like that have been the reason why I havent posted that much, or close to nothing, in the last years....

Every single f@king time when some guy would headline a card and have 2 or more wins in a row you would find a dozen threads afterwards questioning
if this is the best "whatever" there ever was... the same goes for finishes where some random 1-6 months accounts would ask if this was the greatest
finish of all time, or even better, would ask what was the best finish (punch, kick, sub, whatever) ever and would then list the finish from the last event as
their IMHO best finish EVER...

and no matter what you answer, or which fighter you mention, they would then transform into captain obvious, using sherdog and wiki, and would list
some 0815 arguments why the person you mention is not, most probably without even having watched one of their fights, ever...

Last edited:
he was smashed with an upper cut as his 'knee blew out'. reminds me of how cro cops leg folded under him when gonzaga ko'd him with a headkick

wow, if that's the case, then great win for ngannue...and probably the last time we will see cain.

I wonder how hard Francis hits compared to top HWs.

Do you think he hits harder than Anthony Joshua or prime Wladimir Klitschko?

"First round Francis" is a force to be reckoned with, unless you are Derrick Lewis, then it is walk in the park, literally.
I want to see them fight again. Ngannou could've boomed Lewis if he actually decided to fight.

Back