• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News *** Francis Ngannou Free Agency/Contract/Decision Making Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Which MMA promotion/organization do you think Ngannou will sign with?

• Total voters
Hopefully Francis can get 1 big boxing fight against Wilder or something along those lines and can retire.
All it takes is 1 bout like that to make tens of millions and this whole thing will have been a success.
It’s been almost 6 months….where is the offer to fight fURY or wilder?

It doesn’t mean anything of the sort. He hasn’t fought Jones, Pavlovich, or Aspinall. You don’t get to defend ONE time and get to call yourself the greatest HW in the world.

But hey..

If the guy wants earn pennies instead of dollars. While fighting in complete obscurity. He’s made all the right choices.
Nobody cares what delusional Jones fans think about his ranking in Heavyweight just because he beat clueless-on-the-ground-Gane-the-jabroni. Ngannou hits harder than Pavlovich. And Aspinall is unproven. And right after Ngannou KO'd Stipe, Jones ducked him bigtime.

Ngannou is without a doubt the best MMA Heavyweight fighter in the world right now.

Deal with it.

After seeing One say they are no longer pursuing Ngannou, it made me think. Clearly his asking price is astronomical. He is asking for a price where these promotions wouldn’t be able to get the return on their investment. The UFC offered him 8 million per fight, possibly with PPV points, and he declined it.

I think his dilemma could be more than bad decisions and bad management…

Is it possible that the injury to his knees is worse than we know. Maybe it is so bad that he knows he has 1 more fight left in him. So he tried to get an ungodly amount of money from the UFC, and other promotions, to bring home a ridiculous bag and retire?

the more I think about this, the more I convince myself this is what’s up.

thoughts?
Dude..

If he knows he has ONE fight left. Does he take the $8M he was offered by the UFC?

Or does he hold out hope for Fury to get the $4.5M Fury’s last opponent got paid?

Make that make sense.

giphy.gif

He’s done. He stood up for himself, fine, but he’s not getting what he wants anywhere, and even if he gets solid pay from PFL the level of competition and stardom is simply not there.

Time to swallow his pride, go back to red goof and beg for JBJ fight.

What we know about the ufc offer made to Francis ?
Dana s word and only that, yet the word of the biggest liar in the whole sport.
Ngannou wanted to be able to fight in MMA and boxing, UFC refused, thats why he did not resign with them.
I still think Francis can get a fight with wilder fury whyte chisora and it will sell pretty well.
At least i hope that for Francis.
Reading sherbros rooting for the ufc in this case is laughable, they fu.ckin sent him a letter about his contract hours before he was fighting gane ffs!

After seeing One say they are no longer pursuing Ngannou, it made me think. Clearly his asking price is astronomical. He is asking for a price where these promotions wouldn’t be able to get the return on their investment. The UFC offered him 8 million per fight, possibly with PPV points, and he declined it.

I think his dilemma could be more than bad decisions and bad management…

Is it possible that the injury to his knees is worse than we know. Maybe it is so bad that he knows he has 1 more fight left in him. So he tried to get an ungodly amount of money from the UFC, and other promotions, to bring home a ridiculous bag and retire?

the more I think about this, the more I convince myself this is what’s up.

thoughts?

They never offered him 8 millions per fight flat.
They never even say that.
Its the same crap than the 6 figures deal for the ultimate fighter.
Yeah you ll make 100000 after 14 fights in the organization

The knee is definitely part of it. Anyone with a brain who saw his last fight knows that. Bravo to you for making your own special thread just so the world could hear your unique perspective! There are already a million threads on this topic for like a long time and shit.

Back