• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Francis Ngannou Free Agency/Contract/Decision Making Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Which MMA promotion/organization do you think Ngannou will sign with?

• Total voters
This whole thing is so fucking stupid, him being in PFL or anywhere but UFC is pointless, nobody will care to watch him destroy cans. Frank probably could have end up being the greatest HW ever if he stayed in UFC.
Nah...as much as I dislike Cheater Jones.....Francis wouldn't last much longer than Gane

I hope its PFL personally...

I want PFL to do well and secure themselves as the 2nd best MMA promotion ... this year and eventually take everything the UFCs worked for ...but only if the UFC keeps playing these games and keeps disrespecting the sport and the athletes .

I don't understand this logic. Were you following the sport back when all of the talent was split up between Pride and the UFC? Or do you follow boxing? Competing orgs sucks when it comes to combat sports because the best aren't always fighting the best.

It would be nice if the fighters could get paid more I guess, but at the end of the day they are the ones signing these contracts. Francis also needs the UFC more than the UFC needs him.

Last edited:
Trying to sign with BKFC, ONE and maybe PFL... but the thing is these orgs HW divisions are horrific, there is nothing

ONE is for lighter weight fights only.. yes they have a HW division "officially" but you can count on one hand how many HWs they have, and a lot of them have virtually no experience. 98% of their fights are small weight classes, its for small guys only. Many of the cards never have any HW fights at all

BKFC best HW is Alan Belcher right now lol.. the former WW and MW fighter who is so old. The others are really bad.. they just signed Ben Rothwell who is a decent fighter but is this what we really want?? to get Francis vs Rothwell

PFL another dreadful HW division and very little numbers of HWs as well. Most of them are rejects from other MMA orgs and have poor records. There are 1 or 2 guys that are ok.. but they will run out fast lol.

I actually like watching ONE and PFL.. however thats because of their other divisions, they excel in the smaller weight classes. HW is bare bones over there. And I wonder if Francis is excited to face some of the names there lol

It would be hilarious if he was talking about the fury interview where fury was clearly trolling

If PFL is his destiny, well, from dreams of making millions to fight Tyson Fury to fight on a second caliber promotion where he will fight for a $1M final prize with low pay per 'bout throughtout the tournament is kind of disappointing.

It might be possible but I find it hard to believe it is PFL.

I for one would like to see Big Frank vs Horsemeat Werdum in PFL

So much juice, juice guy

<{JustBleed}>

Now I’m not saying you’re wrong. Facts are he has never looked that good in his whole life. Now considering his age it is very difficult to look that way. But I am going to throw out there that there is a big difference between solely focussing on your body, and not having to do other mma training (bjj,wrestling, standup, etc) being able to dedicate all your time towards one thing instead of focusing on all the other aspects. But again, he’s old and he never looked like that before. So ya, you’re definitely not wrong lol.

Ngannou come home to the UFC please. Ngannou vs Jones please.

You don't want that. Francis is a self sabotager with quit in him and Jones has maybe the best fight iq ever most of the time. He will beat him, you will lose money, you will be pissed and sad and then you will be on to the next dude you hope and wish beats jones to repeat a cycle

Unless you want to see jones win that fight in which case you will get your wish and will win money and be big happy happy.

Is PFL offering more than $8million? Highly doubt it.
Very unlikely. But I’d assume they’d be ok with Francis signing a boxing match contract while under contract with them. That seems like it was the sticking point for the UFC deal.

PFL really?

but-why-ryan-reynolds.gif

I mean I'll take it and watch as PFL is decent enough but really 0 prestige and I can't see them paying that much. He likely still has the Boxing option as that was his main concern apparently.

Is the source legit?

Haven’t heard of them before
About as legit as it gets..

Sityodtong revealed on The MMA Hour this past week that he was going to meet with the former UFC heavyweight champion Saturday to “give him the biggest offer on the table out of all his bids”, but told SCMP on Monday that “ONE has decided to withdraw from the process of bidding for Francis Ngannou’s services.”

“After careful reflection, we decided not to submit our final offer,” Sityodtong said. “Francis is a good guy and a good champion. I wish him continued success and happiness. At the end of the day, I didn’t feel Francis and I were fully aligned on non-financial matters. It is nothing personal. It is just a lack of alignment.”
https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...l-offer-francis-ngannou-after-meeting-ufc-mma

These orgs have seen Ngannou act like a prima donna for years going back to before the first Stipe fight.

They’ll have seen his lies and trashing the UFC and Dana online in SM. They all talked to him and know he’s delusional about his value. Nobody is going to offer that guy more money than the UFC did.

No matter what the sport. No matter what the pay he gets for his NEXT fight. Whatever pay he makes.. Subtract that from $15M. And the number left over is what he lost between the rematch with Stipe. The defence against Gane. And not taking the Jones fight.

Edit. Typo

Last edited:
Francis left the likely best offer he’s going to get on the table with the ufc. And burned the bridge on his way out. He’s got nobody to blame but himself for his current situation. The 3 fight deal would have been worth 24 million from what the reports were. He’s not getting that from anyone else because he’s not an actual star. He’s a hardship story who has no charisma to actually capitalize on said hardship story.
Testing free agency and not signing a nee contract is burning the bridge? Interesting

Back