• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Francis Ngannou Free Agency/Contract/Decision Making Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Which MMA promotion/organization do you think Ngannou will sign with?

• Total voters
Now that teh big man has priced himself out of all these promotions, it's clear that he's not in any need of money. It looks like he was paid well enough during his run to sit back for a while to try & make crazy bucks from a desperate company.

I mean a blue color working averaging 50k/year only makes 2Mill in a 40 year carrier & then retires. Nganou has surely banked that much or more by now.

Its not a bad strategy, thinking about saving your brain from further damage if you've already made enough to retire on. Stipe 1 changed his life & hurt him bad... you could see how timid he was in his next beast fight.
His coaches, nutritioun, living standards all require decent money. I assure you he isnt banked for not even 3 years.

The longer he sits the less he's worth, he may have to do a one off bkfc to regain relevancy and keep his stock up.

His decision will likely go down as one of the worst in financial decisions in mma history.

There is no bigger fight for him than jones. There is no better competition for him than jones.
The problem is that the UFC and even fans are past it now. Nobody really cares anymore.

We have russian Ngannou AKA Sergei Pavlovich.. he is the flavor of the month and the one to finally beat Jones. Francis has been forgotten.

I get what Francis tried to do by getting more freedom and all but I think some things must be handled in private. He went full diva and now nobody wants to deal with him now.

Hopefully Francis can get 1 big boxing fight against Wilder or something along those lines and can retire.
All it takes is 1 bout like that to make tens of millions and this whole thing will have been a success.
This is delusional. Big Frank isn’t going to make 10’s of millions for any fight. He has no leverage, his value tanked when Jon crushed Gane, and he can’t use his UFC highlight reel to promote him. At this point, he’d be lucky to make 500k for a featured prelim fight for the UFC. The guy is the best example of fumbling the bag in MMA history!

Wasn't he complaining about being broke while champ? What's he made since then?
H'e prob got sponsors.

I don't recall him being broke, but I would seriously doubt it. (I'll check out a link if you got one) He's surely a millionare though. Probably just blowing smoke up everyone's ass publicly... to try & get the UFC to respond & pay him more. We've seen people use media stataments to try & further negotiations.

Conor's retirements are a decent example. I recall at the time seeing right through it, after so much talk about his pay negotiations early on in his championship runs. Getting out of the USADA pool is a reason, but it was surely leverage for negotiations as well. He's under contract, yet he re-negotiates every fight. lol... its clear he uses his presence as leverage for negotiations & pushes it through social media.

Not aligned on “non financial matters”

Wtf does that mean?

“I don’t want that man’s giant cock anywhere near one FC, my wife comes to these fights”
Your post means you spend most of your time fantasizing about Men’s” giant cocks.” You must be a platinum Perry fan.

and he will be 37 later this year.
Officially 37, I hope for him he's not much older. Maybe this has been sorted out and I don't know, but it's not uncommon in Cameroon to lie about your age (although it seems efforts are made to solve that problem, with things like systematic wrist MRI, for high level sports, IIRC, with a recent football scandal where 2/3 of a whole U17 team of 30 were found to having lied about their age, and therefore withdrawn of the competition )

His coaches, nutritioun, living standards all require decent money. I assure you he isnt banked for not even 3 years.
This sounds like a lot of speculation surrounding a guy who likely became a millionare during his run. "living standards" would be the only one of those that really put a dent in millions of dollars. Can you link his living standard choices?

I haven't studied his lifestyle... I'm commenting on the way he's negotiating & how everyone universally says he's asking for way too much money. I'd be happy to add to the discussion his lifestyle if you can link me up. Saying you "assure me" he's only got 3 years of living expenses makes it seem like you've looked into it.

It is a bit weird that they won't make a final offer.
Why not make your offer regardles sof the fighters' demand and see what happens?
I found it weird too, a logical explanation would be that they don't even want him anymore. Which is a bit concerning.

Back