News Francis Ngannou confirms he will become a free agent in December

He should talk to fighters like Tim Sylvia, Jon Fitch (I know he was cut) and Cejudo about trying to find greener pastures on the other side.

I don't know that he has enough popular appeal outside people who already follow the sport for a gesture like that to change much in terms of the UFC's position dominating the sport.

From a purely financial perspective for Ngannou, however, yes that would be best case. He holds almost all the cards at this point with the UFC negotiation after the win but Bellator will bend over backwards to give him every boxing match or other non-standard contract stipulation he wants--because even if it doesn't change the sport, it would be their biggest signing ever (in terms of taking an active, dominant champ from the UFC in HW division no less).

If he did that, he would get super popular.

Yeah I'm sure Dana is making the decision here and not whatever suits Whitesell and Emanuel and Lubin have appointed to run the show.

Dana talks to media and figures out where celebrities sit at events. That's it.

Belator can't even match UFC money.

He built his name in UFC, now he will cash it in boxing with no fights left on contract, only a sitout period.

He should talk to fighters like Tim Sylvia, Jon Fitch (I know he was cut) and Cejudo about trying to find greener pastures on the other side.

Sylvia earnt more in that one Affliction fight than his entire UFC career and really I think his time was running out then anyway, serious injuries were already starting to mount up.

Guarantee other than a once off Fury match that UFC pays him in MMA better than anywhere else.

Sylvia earnt more in that one Affliction fight than his entire UFC career and really I think his time was running out then anyway, serious injuries were already starting to mount up.
Is that true? I'd love to see reports on that.

Dj got paid peanuts to defend his title multiple times.500k is good pay he shouldn't be asking for more money

Yea, his contract technically ends next Jan, sounds about right for him talking

Cejudo retiring didn’t free him from the UFC contract. Fitch was a boring ass fighter and Tim Sylvia got paid 800K to fight Fedor right after leaving the UFC.

absolutely three worst examples you could use

If he did that, he would get super popular.
Imagine if he got lucky and landed his shot on Fury.

And he was a Bellator fighter.

Yeah. He would.

But more likely, he gets the fight, get's mauled and then KO's the whole Bellator HW division and the UFC lures him back for a showdown with a then dominant champ, gane. UFC still wins in the end.

Back