• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Francis is the incarnate of the A-Level athlete fantasy

Looks like it’s very diverse with no predominant race/ethnicity/skin color that dominated the most recent, most popular sporting event in the World. Indigenous & European (South Americans), Slavs, Blacks, and Arab/North Africans all seemed to have found success at the most recent, most popular sporting event in the world.

I still don't understand why this thread isn't locked yet by the moderators. That being said, it's insane to see the lack of basic logic spreaded here.

Your comparison about football is pointless, since most countries aren't wealthy enough to produce a top soccer team. People forget that sport is tied to a minimal amount of wealth and infrastructure and that most countries in the world don't match those requirements.

F1x9PjI.png

I think the trend is pretty clear and it's true for about any sport. Not all rich countries are good in soccer, but under a certain minimum, they simply can't perform.

No to mention there are other criteria such as political stability and that the western world is far more stable than most other parts of the world.

Last edited:
Lol Fury has a real fight in December and didn’t put any effort into being prepared for this exhibition match.

And not just an a level athlete. But an a level athlete who's built for fighting. There's also lots of dudes out there who can jump, run fast, strong etc but don't have the touch of death or the iron chin

1) Fury is the lineal HW Champ after beating a boring, above average HW Champ. The best thing Klitschko & Fury had going for them is their size/reach. … Let’s not overreact to beating a guy who was on no one’s P4P list, who beat a guy who was on no one’s P4P list.

2) Soccer isn’t dominated by Africans or Blacks. And this is by far the most popular sport in the world. … But Africa is too poor? So is Jamaica and if it can create money, scouts will develop the athletes.

I do personally believe Blacks are disproportionately athletic but society goes to far with it. If it was to the extent that some cuckolds say, then it would be like Sprinting (only 200 meters & 100 meters) in which the scouts would’ve tapped into developing African soccer players and you’d see the most competitive weight classes dominated by Blacks. Furthermore there’s been times in which Brazil had a disproportionate number of champs but people don’t fetishize to the point of sounding ignorant.

I’m far from some hater, I’m just not a dickrider, nor ignorant. This was a 10 round fight and one guy Cleary won Rounds 3,8,(and the round with the elbow thrown). Now we got to read about some dumb racial stereotyping shit.
The fast twitch type of athleticism that is important in sports like sprinting, basketball or football are less important in soccer, that's why the demographics of soccer will never resemble those sports. Same with other sports like baseball, or swimming

Makes you think about all the potential in Africa that's being wasted by poverty and lack of belief.

Baddest bad on the planet could be digging sand for all we know.
This is not exclusive to Africa. Mike Tyson is a good example

Overall athleticism isn't nearly as important as the kind of athleticism you need for the specific sport, as well as the kind of fortitude you need to take punches in the face and keep fighting. Different people are also physiologically set up to take punches better than others in terms of not getting knocked out.

There is no denying that Francis has done something extraordinary. It would be awfully silly to think that any typical great athlete could replicate it.

francis is such an outlier, not only a gifted, talented athlete at the highest level ever, he is super educated, super smart, and has such an ability to traverse all of these situations mentally, just fucking strong. he is trilingual, and post fights, giving near perfect answers in english, enunciating perfectly, giving his thoughts real time, it is absolutely insane. he is the worlds best fighter, and possibly the smartest as well. i can't even imagine giving my thoughts in real time, after fighting the scariest motherfuckers, in a different language, and being able to be perceived, understood, listened to. just insane.
He's not educated, I don't think he even has much schooling but he's definitely smarter than the average person or fighter naturally. Fury tried to get under his skin at times during the press conferences like he did with others and you could tell that it didn't really work. During one of the face to face interviews, Francis brought up how fury isn't as tall as he claims to be and Fury being self conscious about his height said something about him thinking that Francis looked tiny like he was 6'1, and Francis just responded saying something like "ok well i guess that means you are 6'5 then".

Brock Lesnar & Joshua are for me the only "a level" athletes ever produced.

Brock is a bit more impressive due the rare combo of explosion and good stamina. And he got some talented. Picked up striking defense against Hunt pretty fast but hes a WWE guy so you wont like it.

Wilder has the best raw athlecism for me. He lasted entire fights with a super high pace intensity, most amateurs with 10+ years worth of exp would die doing 3/4. Hes the only freak of nature for me when it comes to combat sports, since he can fight at multiple weight classes and still main tain what makes him special height/reach and power.

The water is filled with PEDs so maybe one of the many reason.
Joshua is stiff and not that athletic. He's 6'6 and can't even dunk a basketball. Not that strong either. Over the hill Klitschko matched him in strength

There is no denying that Francis has done something extraordinary. It would be awfully silly to think that any typical great athlete could replicate it.
. Extraordinary lucky to have an exhibition match with Fury when Fury is <2 months from a real fight.

. Extraordinary lucky to have an exhibition match with Fury when Fury is <2 months from a real fight.
Unusual but not extraordinary. The fact that Fury may have undertrained doesn't change the fact that Francis' accomplishment was amazing. No one has been able to beat Fury, and that is a sport with very specialized skills that allegedly take a long time to learn.

He's not educated, I don't think he even has much schooling but he's definitely smarter than the average person or fighter naturally. Fury tried to get under his skin at times during the press conferences like he did with others and you could tell that it didn't really work. During one of the face to face interviews, Francis brought up how fury isn't as tall as he claims to be and Fury being self conscious about his height said something about him thinking that Francis looked tiny like he was 6'1, and Francis just responded saying something like "ok well i guess that means you are 6'5 then".
he's not formally educated, but to speak three different languages, and do interviews in them, think off the cuff, do your own interviews is seriously impressive. i've studied a couple of other languages for years, and i am in now where as near fluent as he in english. he's a smart man, and probably has very smart people around him.

I still don't understand why this thread isn't locked yet by the moderators. That being said, it's insane to see the lack of basic logic spreaded here.

Your comparison about football is pointless, since most countries aren't wealthy enough to produce a top soccer team. People forget that sport is tied to a minimal amount of wealth and infrastructure and that most countries in the world don't match those requirements.

F1x9PjI.png

I think the trend is pretty clear and it's true for about any sport. Not all rich countries are good in soccer, but under a certain minimum, they simply can't perform.

No to mention there are other criteria such as political stability and that the western world is far more stable than most other parts of the world.
1) Brazil won a World Cup in 1958. But was Brazil an economic power? I can assure you that their stars Pele & Garrincha were both born into poverty.

2) Argentine beat England in 1986 while 4 years earlier they lose the Falklands War in 10 weeks.

3) West Germany wins the World Cup in 1954 when they didn’t even have sovereignty until 1955. https://online.ucpress.edu/currenth...165150/West-Germany-Becomes-A-Sovereign-State
4) Croatia finishes 3rd in the World Cup. Not Japan, UK, Germany, Saudi Arabia- Croatia.

In every example a nation’s success in the World Cup shows that excellence is not correlated to international military or international economic status.

What if the most popular sport in the world reflects that no skin color has significant dominance? Tell the moderators to lock these nuts, what if my points are valid and Black dominance in sprinting is balanced out by the futility of Black dominance in ice skating or swimming? Soccer is by far the most popular sport in Africa, Europe, and South America and its dominance is ethically diverse. And certain cuckold simps, have an issue.

Last edited:
The fast twitch type of athleticism that is important in sports like sprinting, basketball or football are less important in soccer, that's why the demographics of soccer will never resemble those sports. Same with other sports like baseball, or swimming
Or perhaps soccer is by far the most popular sport in Africa and you have excuses.

Guys like Aldo, Souza, Conor, W.Silva, Kenny Florian, A.Silva, Gane, and Werdum all played soccer, are competent in soccer, soccer was their first love, etc. How many of these fighters show “fast twitch, athleticism”? Anderson Silva & Wanderlei in their primes showed decent to excellent speed. Aldo & Conor’s games are built off of speed. Gane & Werdum significantly rely on speed and the fact that other HW’s lack it, for their success.

NBA players Kobe Bryant, Luol Deng, Steve Nash, Hakeem Olajuwon all show explosive , fast twitch athleticism and all were/are competent soccer players. Odell Beckham Jr shows plenty of speed and explosiveness he excelled in soccer. Volk comes from a rugby background which parallels the skill sets of Football & Soccer (a rugby player is certain to be more physical than a soccer player, while have a significant edge in endurance on a Football player).

Mbappé, Christian Ronaldo, Ronaldo (Brazilian), Drogba, Zlatan all show explosive athleticism and of course all are Soccer legends. And it’s the most popular sport by far and attracts the best athletes in Europe, Africa, and South America due to its significant advantage in popularity! U.S. cultural bias refuses to see that guys like Kobe Bryant (growing up in Italy) and Conor and Hakeem Olajuwon and Jose Aldo were going to attempt a career in Soccer first & foremost because it was in their cultural blood to make a go of a soccer career. All four of these athletes show fast twitch, explosiveness in their respective sports. If Blacks had a significant advantage it would already show in World Cup and Champions League Club Soccer.

Overall athleticism isn't nearly as important as the kind of athleticism you need for the specific sport, as well as the kind of fortitude you need to take punches in the face and keep fighting. Different people are also physiologically set up to take punches better than others in terms of not getting knocked out.

Absolutely spot on! From my experience, Basketball players still have to pass one major hurdle and it’s the “toughness hurdle”. But guys who come from Hockey, Football, Water Polo, Lacrosse, Rugby backgrounds are almost always tough enough for the sport. And the toughness is as important as the cardio … Meaning if one lacks the cardio (let’s use Conor & Francis) they almost always are so good to compensate that their coaches didn’t know because they were so much better in their official matches and typically in their sparring. Usually your poor man’s Conor’s & Francis’s are so dominant in sparring that they “set the pace” (Nate Diaz vs Jorge) in which their cardio doesn’t get pushed because their opponent is regularly getting rock’d and forced to back off and recover. You also saw this early in the Colby v Usman rematch when Colby couldn’t get reckless or push the pace, because he had to respect that power threat.

In regards to chin and/or mental toughness it plays out like Amir Khab, Edson Barboza or Brock. Guys who lack it, are so dominant that by the time it’s obvious they are already far along into their careers.

And bottom line, the poor, poor man’s Brock or Amir Khan gets weeded out in training early. Just like the poor, poor man’s Conor or Francis gets exposed in training early. Many gifted basketball and track & field, stud athletes could very well be a poor, poor man’s Conor or Brock and get exposed early in the training process as too soft, too chinny, or crappy cardio.

Last edited:
Back