fractional plates

evilf22

Blue Belt
Reaction score
over the past few weeks ive been thinking of ordering some fractional plates to help with pressing, since 5 lb jumps arent always possible for me. while picking up some hardware at ACE's, i noticed they had 2" ID Steel washers. I bought 6 of em, and they fit both of my barbells perfectly. i havent put them on a scale yet, but 3 feels about the same as a 2.5 plate, so im guessing around .75 lb each. best part?? only 1.49 each, and i didnt have to buy a bunch of sizes id never use, like 1/4 lb, 1/2 lb, etc.... like in the $50+ sets you see, since i am just looking as a step between 5 lb jumps.

According to my material database at work they should weigh about .63 lbs per washer (assuming they are for a 2" bolt). So four should ~2.5 lbs.

Marie : Uh Bob, uh, tell us your impressions of Baby steps.

Bob :Mash potatos and gravy Marie. I couldn't be happier about Baby Steps. I was a terrible disaster and now, because of Baby Steps, I'm on tv in front of millions of people. I'm very excited.

But it did work that way. That's the miracle of Baby steps. It's not just this book, it's this man. It's the compassion, it's the dignity, it's the wisdom. It's the Horse Sense of this guy that gets you. He actually had me stay here last night in his jammys. I went sailing with Siggy yesterday, Dr. Marvin accidently pushed me in.

What-about-bob.jpg

richard dreyfuss has the most meticulously maintained beard in the history of beardom. i heard ingesting a single hair from it can cure AIDS.

richard dreyfuss has the most meticulously maintained beard in the history of beardom. i heard ingesting a single hair from it can cure AIDS.

Injecting liquified cash cures AIDS.

About $180,000 worth.

According to my material database at work they should weigh about .63 lbs per washer (assuming they are for a 2" bolt). So four should ~2.5 lbs.

Yeah I use those same washers to make ~1.25 and ~2.5 and ~3.75lbs increments, and when a percentage calls for an odd number, I can get within 1.25lbs. I'm like a german engineer, things have to be as exact as possible for me.

Yeah I use those same washers to make ~1.25 and ~2.5 and ~3.75lbs increments, and when a percentage calls for an odd number, I can get within 1.25lbs. I'm like a german engineer, things have to be as exact as possible for me.

Actually, you can get within .625lbs using those increments. You're more like a West Virginian engineer.

Actually, you can get within .625lbs using those increments. You're more like a West Virginian engineer.

Dude, you put plates on BOTH sides of the bar. You're lifting in a West Virginia weight room. You do wear shoes on BOTH feet when you lift right?

Dude, you put plates on BOTH sides of the bar. You're lifting in a West Virginia weight room. You do wear shoes on BOTH feet when you lift right?

Let's make a little number line:

Pick any real number on that line (e.g. 1.0234929, 3.47239 or 2/3). I will use some super special math magic and show you that your number is within .625 of one of the numbers I listed and that you are not smart.

What the hell are you guys arguing about?

Donut said that the washers should weight ~.63lb each. .625X2=1.25lb right?

One washer on each side.

Let's make a little number line:

Pick any real number on that line (e.g. 1.0234929, 3.47239 or 2/3). I will use some super special math magic and show you that your number is within .625 of one of the numbers I listed and that you are not smart.

:redface: duh, and I even knew that. I use that number, .625 to know when I have to round up or down to the next 1.25 increment. But I'm still smart goddamit, I just wasn't thinking.

What the hell are you guys arguing about?

Donut said that the washers should weight ~.63lb each. .625X2=1.25lb right?

One washer on each side.

I had a brain fart and thought a 1.25 increment gets you within 1.25lbs of any weight a percentage calls for. The all knowing ChaseT reminded me that with a 1.25 increment, you could in fact get within .625lbs of any weight.

I thought German trains were automated?

Back