Four Reasons Jon Jones Will Lose To Daniel Cormier

Basically a fan post. DC very well may win but not for any nonsense guessing about what is going on in a fighters head.

Jones does a lot of that destiny talk, which is potentially a bad thing. When you believe something is meant to be, you believe you can't mess it up, so you tend to not cover all your bases and set yourself up for a rude awakening.

He also talked about when Vitor locked up that armbar and what ran through his head was "This is it, this is how I lose." His freaking arm was breaking and he refused to even consider tapping.

I don't think he has a god complex where he thinks he can't lose. After that and the Gus fight it would be impossible for anyone as intelligent as Jones to say, "Sweeeet Jesus am I good, no one can touch me at anything!"

Either way you slice it, this is a scary fight for DC. He has the tools and the mindset he needs to win. That might not be enough.

Even if Bones looks like the picture you posted, he will still come out the undisputed UFC LHW Champion.

I love this fight, big Cormier fan but I'm leaning towards Jones myself... At 35, I don't think Dan is shooting for the record books and it's always interesting to see dominant champions remain at the top for however long they can.

Bullshit on Jones' 84-inch reach. We all know he illegally adds three inches to that.

dumb reporter, stupid ocmment
who actually believe this shit? Saying DC will definitely win is non-sense!

TS, your post needs to be in quotes as you just copy/pasted from another website.

And I disagree with the the last two points.
"Competition"? Who the fuck is this journalist?

#busted lmfao

It may be a close 5 round war but when the dust settles JJ will be the winner. Perhaps we will see the next UFC trilogy.

DC fought some of the most dangerous HW's in the planet...like Nelson, Bigfoot, Barnett...uh huh. So, he fought some heavyweights, let's not pretend those guys were world beaters. Nelson was already established as a HW gatekeeper, Barnett is good but what was his last good win? Bigfoot, same as Barnett. Had he beaten JDS, Miocic, hell even Congo I'd be more sold. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a top 10 HW, and he's beaten everyone put in front of him, but HW is thin and until he beats some real talent at LHW it's hard to tell his real threshold (he could still beat Jones, anything is possible).

This is why I don't read these forums.....

Although I agree with your de facto opinion that Fedor was mostly yokuza hype, beating Barnett, Nelson, Mir, Silva....thats very impressive. You telling me JJ can TKO Bigfoot Silva in no time? I will be glad Sherdoggers will see an Olympic level athlete vs. a collegiate level athlete on sat night. Jones will get embarrassed. Like you should feel about now.

This is why I don't read these forums.....

Although I agree with your de facto opinion that Fedor was mostly yokuza hype, beating Barnett, Nelson, Mir, Silva....thats very impressive. You telling me JJ can TKO Bigfoot Silva in no time? I will be glad Sherdoggers will see an Olympic level athlete vs. a collegiate level athlete on sat night. Jones will get embarrassed. Like you should feel about now.

I didn't say anything about Jones beating those same guys, although I do think he could beat them (he'd probably have the toughest time with Barnett).

And we've seen plenty of "Olympic level" athletes in MMA, you act like DC is the first. And you know what? Every single one of them has won fights, and every single one has lost, so don't pretend like going to the Olympics is the end-all, be-all of sports. It's impressive, yes, and it deserves all recognition it gets, but we've all seen those same people beaten before, sometimes at their own game.

I think what makes this fight so interesting is that if Cormier had been reigning champ, someone like Bones would be believed to be his kryptonite. They both have significant advantages over the other in different areas. If DC can't close distance he won't have a prayer in this fight. Every HW he's beaten is much easier to get their hands on than Jones. But i think Dc's training partners in Cain/Rockhold are superior to Jacksons at this point in time.. that's the glaring difference in this fight for me.. i believe DC is being pushed a little harder at the moment.

Nobody knows what's going to happen.

I give both equal measures to win. Cormier's extremely well-rounded with in my opinion the best camp in the sport, and he's manhandled big heavyweights with what appeared to be ease.

And Jon is Jon. Greatest light heavyweight ever who has looked like a superhuman in all but one fight—and in that one fight he showed the truest tenacity and will to win against a guy I honestly think he probably underestimated and had to adjust to mid ass-whipping.

If jones wins after all this boasting the detractors have done I sure as hell hope they give the man his due..

Nice read, however I disagree with one thing. Jones striking is nothing special

Nice read, however I disagree with one thing. Jones striking is nothing special

His arsenal of attacks is ridiculous. He TKO'ed Sonnen with elbows and punches. He tapped Shogun to strikes, punches and knees. Throw in his other odd offense like oblique kicks, standing shoulder cranks, and spinning elbows and you have a really difficult guy to deal with. He may not have traditional western boxing skills but his striking offense is varied and effective.

Bro, were you paid off by Zuffa to help build this "what if" fairy tale story?

His arsenal of attacks is ridiculous. He TKO'ed Sonnen with elbows and punches. He tapped Shogun to strikes, punches and knees. Throw in his other odd offense like oblique kicks, standing shoulder cranks, and spinning elbows and you have a really difficult guy to deal with. He may not have traditional western boxing skills but his striking offense is varied and effective.

That is dead on. People look at his traditional boxing and think it's nothing special but they are not looking at all of his techniques that make him so great. And nobody has ever outstruck him not even Gus although it was close..

Back