• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Four question personality test.

The point of Jung coming up with these types was to show how unbalanced we are. Nobody should be an introvert. Nobody should be an extrovert. Nobody should be a thinker. Nobody should be a feeler. Every type is unbalanced. The point of the system, was to beat the system. The "transcendent function" as Jung called it.

It's like alchemy and shit. Alchemy was about mixing together metals and stuff to form a philosophers stone. Which was like the source of all knowledge. But people took it too literally. It actually describes a psychological process. They key point of alchemy is true though, if you align things right, you can create magic and get enlightenment.

I have Jung's book called Man and His Symbols.

take this one:

http://www.celebritytypes.com/cognitive-function/test.php

Your most pronounced cognitive function is:

Introverted Intuition
You have a deep and persistent intellect that tends to receive its impetus from hunches at the very edge of consciousness. More often than not, you tend to be brooding over some problem or possibility, attempting to encompass all possible and impossible views on it at the same time, and to weave them all into something greater. Hence you have it in you to be seminally creative by developing completely new perspectives on big questions that were commonly thought settled. As a person you are likely to be thought highly original, unusual, and insightful. However, you tend to lack the joy of living in the present, your mind always being somewhere in the future. Your most likely Jungian type is INTJ or INFJ.

EXTROVERTED
INTUITION
68%

INTROVERTED
INTUITION
82%

EXTROVERTED
SENSATION
28%

INTROVERTED
SENSATION
50%

EXTROVERTED
THINKING
60%

INTROVERTED
THINKING
49%

EXTROVERTED
FEELING
69%

INTROVERTED
FEELING
44%

I can dig it.
And I was thinking about this just as I trecked downstairs to the television off. Letterman was on and the girl from BBT was talking about her wedding. I couldn't have been more annoyed. I felt like I was being subjected to something I really wanted no part of, which is why I think I am very aggressive when I'm out in the world.

I read the full breakdown and they hit the nail on the head with me in public regarding people expressing emotion. I'm constantly shushing my friends and loved ones for no reason other than me being an asshole

Still think the description is off on inter-personal relationships, romance especially. I have a very hard time getting over things that matter to me, and in the description it basically said I'm not one to linger. Hahahah I wish that were true.
The biggest and only issue with these descriptions, to me, is that they don't focus on practiced behavior in accordance with instinct, but I understand why that is.

If you are an INTJ, then we both have the same dominant function. Which is the most important thing. How do you think? I think in a way that I call "pop up thinking". It is kind of chaotic. Thoughts just rush to the surface out of nowhere. We feel as we are "receivers" of ideas more than "creators" of them.

We like closure. We don't like to let things hang. We like to solve something and move on. But that doesn't mean just because want to do that, doesn't mean we will. I let things linger forever too. I am also terrible at goodbyes and endings. I will simply just dissapear in a night out sometimes, and my friends will be like wtf. Soon as I'm not having fun anymore, I'm out. INTJ and INFJ are often nervous and uptight.

I had a lot of trouble doing this quiz lol. I feel like I was a mix of most of the options. Maybe some people can pick one for me. As I said in my other post I usually get INTJ with these things. Wall of text of my personality incoming:

I like being around people I know. I am generally pretty quiet when I'm around people I don't know too well. But when I am with friends I am often the one talking the most or trying to be the entertaining one. People who don't know me too well would say I'm polite, quiet and nice. People who know me well would probably say I'm goofy, funny and say a lot of curse words. I have a difficult time loosening up if I am in a work environment, but can loosen up in class.

I like to be alone. I very rarely get the feeling of loneliness. Maybe boredom but not a wanting of someone to be around me. If I had to choose between being alone or going to a place to meet new people I'd probably pick being alone unless there were some other factors involved.

When it comes to interacting with people I act more on compassion than thinking. But when I make decisions that affect me more than anyone else I often think about the more logical choice and try to pick things that make the most sense/most beneficial. I go out of my way to help my friends if I know they need help. I genuinely care about my close friends and like to know what their problems are so I can try to help them or give advice.

I like to make plans/schedules for myself and like to have an organized idea of things. I probably like rules more than I dislike them. When I work I take it very seriously unless it's something meant to be fun or creative. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to a change of plans but I prefer to have a plan constantly changing rather than have no plan at all.

Sherbros diagnose me plz.

I was INTP, that sound's like INTJ. I was with you 100%, until the last paragraph.

I have Jung's book called Man and His Symbols.

First book I ever read by him, and great. Got me into him. I am finishing up Psychological Types now. Epic book. Jung breaks down introversion and extraversion in every era and field. Gnostics, Scholastics, Prometheus, Faust, Buddhism, you will see how the extrovert vs introvert conflict permeates nearly every medium. Christianity is an extroverted religion for example. It looks for answers without. Buddhism and Hinduism are introverted religion. Look for answers within. Western world used to be introverted until Christianity came along. Eastern world is still introverted.

take this one:

Pretty close.

Your most pronounced cognitive function is:

Introverted Intuition
You have a deep and persistent intellect that tends to receive its impetus from hunches at the very edge of consciousness. More often than not, you tend to be brooding over some problem or possibility, attempting to encompass all possible and impossible views on it at the same time, and to weave them all into something greater. Hence you have it in you to be seminally creative by developing completely new perspectives on big questions that were commonly thought settled. As a person you are likely to be thought highly original, unusual, and insightful. However, you tend to lack the joy of living in the present, your mind always being somewhere in the future. Your most likely Jungian type is INTJ or INFJ.

EXTROVERTED
INTUITION
71%

INTROVERTED
INTUITION
87%

EXTROVERTED
SENSATION
24%

INTROVERTED
SENSATION
52%

EXTROVERTED
THINKING
44%

INTROVERTED
THINKING
53%

EXTROVERTED
FEELING
65%

INTROVERTED
FEELING
61%

Sorry I didn't know there was a quiz to do I went from my works one.

According to the quiz I'm ENFP!

It might mean nothing but...I feel like vince vaughn and I could be best friends

this gives me ESTJ, which is different than what the full test gives me.....neither results have seemed all the accurate to me.

Btw, if your first two letters are IN, that means you are most likely some kind of misfit. You may have a lot of friends and fit in, but still always felt like an outsider. I think this forum is full of IN, which makes it pretty obnoxious. lol.

First book I ever read by him, and great. Got me into him. I am finishing up Psychological Types now. Epic book. Jung breaks down introversion and extraversion in every era and field. Gnostics, Scholastics, Prometheus, Faust, Buddhism, you will see how the extrovert vs introvert conflict permeates nearly every medium. Christianity is an extroverted religion for example. It looks for answers without. Buddhism and Hinduism are introverted religion. Look for answers within. Western world used to be introverted until Christianity came along. Eastern world is still introverted.

Apparently extroverts far outnumber introverts in the western world, and they certainly have more control over how society develops. It should be mentioned that when a person is under duress, their shadow function may emerge.

Btw, if your first two letters are IN, that means you are most likely some kind of misfit. You may have a lot of friends and fit in, but still always felt like an outsider. I think this forum is full of IN, which makes it pretty obnoxious. lol.

Homie, read post #59 I want to see if you can confirm the INTJ-ness.

Also, I found this on Google and I feel like it is pretty spot on when it comes to how I seek relationships and how I deal with them. The only thing I disagree on is the difficulty of understanding other people's feelings. Or maybe I do have difficulty but don't realize it, idk.

http://www.16personalities.com/intj-relationships-dating

this gives me ESTJ, which is different than what the full test gives me.....neither results have seemed all the accurate to me.

You're bipolar.

haha

Maybe you have a marginal bias along one or more axes. Me, I have a marginal Thinking bias over Feeling. When I was younger, I had a very strong T bias and was a total jerkhole. As I got older, I learned to consider other people's feelings and thus, I started leaning more towards F. Does that make sense in the framework on MBTI? I don't know, but it makes sense to me.

You can see famous people who share your type here, and it points out their justification.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/

For Plato for example:

Plato: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Plato: "You cannot conceive The Many without The One."

First quote shows extraverted feeling. Neils Bohr and Spinoza, also listed as INFJ, have similar quotes:

Bohr: "Every valuable human being must [aim] to make things better than they are."

Spinoza: "Man's highest good is common to all."

So there shows their feeling. and their introverted intuition shows their quest for unity and oneness:

Aurelius: "Constantly regard the universe as one living being, having one substance and one soul."

Plato: "You cannot conceive The Many without The One."

Schopenhauer: "There is an underlying unity in all things."

You take from it what you can, you discard what doesn't work for you. Life's not black and white, it's all about shades of gray. It is what it is: a simplistic model of categorization for something that is infinitely complex.
You could say that about Tarot readers though. We know how powerful cold reading can be, and if the model was any good you would expect it to have some amount of predictive power to tell us how people will do in different roles or whatever.

It is pretty damn binary and reductionistic and I think it is good for people to know how little science is behind it so they can determine how much they want to buy into a 'psychological assessment' that is based on a few dudes pet ideas and hasn't found any empirical support

ISTP. basically the greatest personality of them all

You could say that about Tarot readers though. We know how powerful cold reading can be, and if the model was any good you would expect it to have some amount of predictive power to tell us how people will do in different roles or whatever.

It is pretty damn binary and reductionistic and I think it is good for people to know how little science is behind it so they can determine how much they want to buy into a 'psychological assessment' that is based on a few dudes pet ideas and hasn't found any empirical support

I think that's the purpose of the model; it's beautiful in its simplicity. It's been pretty predictive to me. I worked in a high-paying job as a cog in the wheel and I hated it. I now have my own business with lots of freedom. I make less money, but I have time to think and have no one to answer to. Fits my personality really well.

I think that's the purpose of the model; it's beautiful in its simplicity. It's been pretty predictive to me. I worked in a high-paying job as a cog in the wheel and I hated it. I now have my own business with lots of freedom. I make less money, but I have time to think and have no one to answer to. Fits my personality really well.

Did you make that change only after Myers Briggs told you about your personality type though? But congrats, I'm in my first job ever I actually despise and will be making some changes once I'm out of contract!

I had a lot of trouble doing this quiz lol. I feel like I was a mix of most of the options. Maybe some people can pick one for me. As I said in my other post I usually get INTJ with these things. Wall of text of my personality incoming:

I like being around people I know. I am generally pretty quiet when I'm around people I don't know too well. But when I am with friends I am often the one talking the most or trying to be the entertaining one. People who don't know me too well would say I'm polite, quiet and nice. People who know me well would probably say I'm goofy, funny and say a lot of curse words. I have a difficult time loosening up if I am in a work environment, but can loosen up in class.

I like to be alone. I very rarely get the feeling of loneliness. Maybe boredom but not a wanting of someone to be around me. If I had to choose between being alone or going to a place to meet new people I'd probably pick being alone unless there were some other factors involved.

When it comes to interacting with people I act more on compassion than thinking. But when I make decisions that affect me more than anyone else I often think about the more logical choice and try to pick things that make the most sense/most beneficial. I go out of my way to help my friends if I know they need help. I genuinely care about my close friends and like to know what their problems are so I can try to help them or give advice.

I like to make plans/schedules for myself and like to have an organized idea of things. I probably like rules more than I dislike them. When I work I take it very seriously unless it's something meant to be fun or creative. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to a change of plans but I prefer to have a plan constantly changing rather than have no plan at all.

Sherbros diagnose me plz.

You sound like an INTJ or INFJ. We like to compartmentalize. I can't work in a play environment, and can't play in a work environment. I am totally serious at work too. I can't relax there. But have much more personality around my friends. We separate our worlds.

No, before; but after taking the MBTI, I realized why I think the way I do, and why I hated my job. I personally wouldn't make any major life changes based solely on MBTI, but it can help in better understanding yourself. I understand it doesn't work for everyone, but some people do gain utility from it. Best of luck on your job search once your contract ends!

A lot of people don't know if they are INTJ or INTP. One of the most common questions. Here is an interesting one. Though I actually disagree with some of their assessments, I agree with their typing.

int.jpg

You sound like an INTJ or INFJ. We like to compartmentalize. I can't work in a play environment, and can't play in a work environment. I am totally serious at work too. I can't relax there. But have much more personality around my friends. We separate our worlds.

Yes, I agree with this. I've had several bosses or coworkers ask me why I'm so quiet. And I typically have trouble explaining it because I'm not like that around my friends or in class if I'm doing group work. I tried to tell them that I am acting like this because I am at work and it seems like they almost get offended when I say that. I'm reading about the differences between INTJ and INFJ and I don't know which I'm more inclined to. I really like reading about these things though, I take the tests everytime someone posts them.

Did you make that change only after Myers Briggs told you about your personality type though? But congrats, I'm in my first job ever I actually despise and will be making some changes once I'm out of contract!

Sorry about your job.

I wonder how much tests such as these become predictive as the language infiltrates the popular lexicon and people come to understand themselves as "introverts," "Type As," "blue-and-greens" etc, and then act accordingly.

A cool experiment for the survey used in this thread in particular would be to see if you could prime certain attitudes that would alter the results. I know I was thinking back to recent experiences while answering some of them.

No, before; but after taking the MBTI, I realized why I think the way I do, and why I hated my job. I personally wouldn't make any major life changes based solely on MBTI, but it can help in better understanding yourself. I understand it doesn't work for everyone, but some people do gain utility from it. Best of luck on your job search once your contract ends!

Well looking at it that way I suppose drawing comfort from it is no different than from any myth or fable and nothing wrong with that, intp makes the fact I skip around from one idea to another constantly sound way cooler than it just being me being flakey.

I cannot honestly tick any of the first 3 as I'm no more like one set of statements than the other. Only the last question can I say that I fit into one more than the other.

So no idea what that's supposed to mean.

I've taken actual personality tests. Time and time again, I've tested as an INTJ. I actually mentioned the importance of MBTI when designing training programs, if you don't mind me inserting what I feel is a relevant article:

http://www.powerchordpowerlifting.c...utine-for-you-genetics-training-age-and-mbti/

Anyways, I find that INTJs are notorious for placing too much value on MBTI. I certainly do. I admittedly judge others of certain types (mostly extroverted types).

Back