• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Four question personality test.

You skipped me Bones.
I have been diagnosed with INTP-itis

I'll take your word for it. But the Jungian types are based on a personality model that doesn't get much traction anymore.

I'm INTJ.

INTJ is introverted intuitive like me. We both share the same dominate function. We like to enclose things. To find unity. We are unifiers. The analogy I use is, there is a deep weave to the world. Many threads connecting. Like a big messy ball of yarn. I want to find the magical string, when you pull that string, everything merges into one. Simplify Simplify.

You come across as more INTP to me tho. INTJ and INFJ are often neurotic/nervous.

INTP, so say several unfortunate corporate workshops. Also known as waste of fucking money and time.

Though peers rate me ENTP every time. I think it's just because I'm loud.

INFJ are one of the more extroverted introverts, and can often pass as introverts.

Where do you get your energy? That is what it comes down to. I like to socialize, and talk to people. But I have to "recharge" at home. Interaction drains me. Where it lifts up others. I always need a significant amount of alone time. ENFJ is basically like the nicest type. INFJ is more introverted. MLK could be an ENFJ, but Gandhi an INFJ. Bin Laden an INFJ too. INFJ also have a mystical side to them. Like Plato. GAndhi, Hitler, Ayatollah Khomeini, these guys were all mystical figures and cult leaders.

I get my energy from my cult.

I get my energy from interacting with people but also from accomplishing tasks. I used to live around a lot of close friends so I would often times leverage them to really work a crowd. Now, that I don't have that network, I get exhausted having to be around more mixed company and, like yourself, need to recharge at home. I feel like I'm slowly coming out of that tho.

Lots of N types here, even though we only make up ~25% of the population. The internet probably attracts us.

Try talking to an S type about something abstract or imaginative eg. the string theory. They'll just stare at you blankly and try to change the subject to the weather or what their kids did last weekend. MBTI isn't proven scientifically but it has at least provided an explanation as to why I find most people utterly boring.

You skipped me Bones.
I have been diagnosed with INTP-itis

INTP is one of the more intellectual types. They are philosophers. They are the arch enemy of the INTJ. INTJ is the scientist. INTP is more contemplative, INTJ is more no nonsense and scientific.

Sometimes I've associated S with sheep.

"So utterly practical I only desire what I exactly need to know and otherwise be friendly"

Sounds like a small world. Takes all types though.

ISFP

although I feel I'm not incredibly artistic, but the other traits are pretty spot on

Checking this stuff again and I am a typical INTP. It's scary how well that explains me, as if someone got inside my head.

I took the one mentioned above (wife is watching 9 to 5 and no, just no.)

INTP-T

The percentages through me off though, I have been described and would describe myself as a "thinker", but not that much according to this. Maybe I've grown too many dogmas/paradigms.

I also figure I can throw these things wildly off because I have a mood disorder.

Don't need no stinkin' personality test to know I'm a dick.

INFJ by the way.

INFP. Reading the description at the end was creepily accurate :/

Do you think mine is accurate Jones?
I remember you called me a "Feeler" a while ago.

Checking this stuff again and I am a typical INTP. It's scary how well that explains me, as if someone got inside my head.

Question: Are you impulsive, or thoughtful?
Answer: Thoughtful.

Question: Do you like to be around people, or alone?
Answer: Around people.

Question: Would you describe yourself as energetic, or lethargic.
Answer: Energetic.

Question: Do you make decisions based on your own judgement, or do you prefer to find consensus among your peers?
Answer: I prefer to find consensus among my peers.

Your profile:

You are a thoughtful person. You prefer to be around people. You are energetic, and prefer to find consensus among your peers.

997.gif

ISFP

although I feel I'm not incredibly artistic, but the other traits are pretty spot on

I have trouble with feeler doms. Almost all musicians are ISFP. From Bob Dylan to Eminem. They are the stereotypical artist.

Got INTJ, no surprise.
I am the 1-2%

Not really. I would think you are a INFP, ISFP, or INFJ actually I don't know if you are an extrovert or introvert even. But I would put you as a feeler.

A lot of people don't want to admit they judge things by feeling instead of thinking. Especially males. I didn't want to accept it at first either.

On different tests over the years I've gotten different letters on everything but the I. This time I was ISTP, but im nowhere binary enough for the second letter to describe me I would say I am half half S/N.

For example,
Abstract theory and purely academic work that will never see the light of real use hold little interest for ISTPs.

This doesn't fit me at all, my career is in both applied and theoretical science and I love dabbling in abstract theory and trying to draw from real world data to theory with inductive reasoning. On the other hand these from the S column:
Think about the past or the present, Trust traditions and experience
fit me really well, I tend to stay grounded and skeptical.

edit: I took the longer test and the results are INTP, with the N and T being pretty weak. That makes more sense to me.

INTP is one of the more intellectual types. They are philosophers. They are the arch enemy of the INTJ. INTJ is the scientist. INTP is more contemplative, INTJ is more no nonsense and scientific.

I'm gonna be mulling that over for the next week and if I can come to a decision of whether or not I like what you said, you and me may be having some words in the future.

Mine came up as INTJ (Turbulent Variant)

Not really. I would think you are a INFP, ISFP, or INFJ actually I don't know if you are an extrovert or introvert even. But I would put you as a feeler.

A lot of people don't want to admit they judge things by feeling instead of thinking. Especially males. I didn't want to accept it at first either.

I can agree with that last portion, but i'd say about 90% of the time I look at things from a "think" instead of a feel. Actually, to kind of a strange disadvantage. I've said to two people, women of course, in the past couple of months "You hurt my feelings", and good god, that's was so much more powerful than telling them how wrong what they said was. It occured to me just how rare that is for me, both the feeling and the way I expressed it.

Further reading into it, I do see some things that I don't agree with, especially in the relationship section. I treat them very differently.

I wish there were a middleground of extra and intro; I love to be around people, but the people I'm around mostly like to sit around and talk instead of be in a big crowd. I don't mind either.

I've read that as "system builders" in past interpretations.

I'm philosophical on the surface, but fundamentally scientific. Actually I see the one as a progression towards the other.

What did you mean when you said, finally another one, when you tested INFP and I said INFJ initially?

You can see famous people who share your type here, and it points out their justification.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/<snip>

I took the INFP vs INFJ test and it resulted in what I expected. I am about equal amounts of both. I have always split right down the middle of personality tests like that.

My problem with the test is that I find I fit into parts of both subcategories of each of the choices

What did you mean when you said, finally another one, when you tested INFP and I said INFJ initially?

I took the INFP vs INFJ test and it resulted in what I expected. I am about equal amounts of both. I have always split right down the middle of personality tests like that.

I test INFJ more frequently. Like you I'm close to the middle on a few of the measures. I've INTJ'd before too but that description doesn't fit me as well as the other two.

I also didn't remember posting in this thread lol, we've had a few of them.

I can agree with that last portion, but i'd say about 90% of the time I look at things from a "think" instead of a feel. Actually, to kind of a strange disadvantage. I've said to two people, women of course, in the past couple of months "You hurt my feelings", and good god, that's was so much more powerful than telling them how wrong what they said was. It occured to me just how rare that is for me, both the feeling and the way I expressed it.

Further reading into it, I do see some things that I don't agree with, especially in the relationship section. I treat them very differently.

I wish there were a middleground of extra and intro; I love to be around people, but the people I'm around mostly like to sit around and talk instead of be in a big crowd. I don't mind either.

I'll explain to you the different kind of feelings. Though I am an introvert, my feeling function is extraverted. INFJ has extraverted feeling with introverted thinking. INTJ has introverted feeling with extroverted thinking.

Extraverted feeling is sacrificing your feelings for the sake of the environment. I never show my true feelings either. INFJ are also one of the most secretive types. So, extraverted feelers are mirrors that reflect the emotions around them. They put environmental harmony in front of their own feelings, and can be walked over because of it. So, I am a mirror. If the environment is disturbed, I am disturbed. Tin Man is an INFJ, he has no heart. But it doesn;t matter because he gets all his feelings from those around him. He reflects them. That's what all great revolutionaries do. If the Indian people are oppressed, Gandi is oppressed. If the German people are suffering, Hitler is suffering. It isn't about them. They care very much about the plight of those close to them. They are all protectors, and sensitive.

Back