• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Founding fathers rolling over in their graves

I said nothing about marriage. And abortion is a medical issue.

I think it's you that's not getting my point. These issues (again, not talking about marriage) need not be political but they became political either for partisan gain or because peoples' rights needed protecting from attackers.
I'm defining politics at its most basic level: Who gets what, when, where, and how. Hence marriage and abortion are political issues since the government has to touch them in some capacity.

I'm defining politics at its most basic level: Who gets what, when, where, and how. Hence marriage and abortion are political issues since the government has to touch them in some capacity.
Please see my edit. I'm not disagreeing with you; I'm saying it's not necessary. Also, marriage and abortion are not at all the same for the purposes of this particular discussion. It's a false equivalency and (for the second time) I never mentioned marriage so please stop bringing it up.

Please see my edit. I'm not disagreeing with you; I'm saying it's not necessary. Also, marriage and abortion are not at all the same for the purposes of this particular discussion. It's a false equivalency and (for the second time) I never mentioned marriage so please stop bringing it up.
Yeah, that's what I mean by touching the government. Under that definition, choosing whether streets should be numbered or lettered is political.

Separation of state and church doesn't mean it's forbidden to have religious schools. It's forbidden for the state to mandate any kind of religion in schools. Big difference.

Turning public schools into taxpayer-funded religious schools is part of a nationwide Christian Nationalist assault on church-state separation and that should not be allowed.
If we allow state governments to basically sponsor a state religion, and hence, go against the constitution? Where does it stop then? The 1st amendment? The 2nd? Removing the right of women to vote if that is indeed a religious view held by a majority of their constituents?

The 10 commandments don't "bring Jesus up" because they're older than Jesus and already are part of "Jewish scripture".
Jesus is brought up in the first four commandments according to “the trinity” in Christian doctrine. (See: John 1:1)

Turning public schools into taxpayer-funded religious schools is part of a nationwide Christian Nationalist assault on church-state separation and that should not be allowed.
If we allow state governments to basically sponsor a state religion, and hence, go against the constitution? Where does it stop then? The 1st amendment? The 2nd? Removing the right of women to vote if that is indeed a religious view held by a majority of their constituents?

If the state funds Islamic schools, Jewish school and other types of religious schools also, I'd be fine with it. If they fund only Christian schools or show obvious preference it definitely goes against the separation of church and state, I'd be against that.

If the state funds Islamic schools, Jewish school and other types of religious schools also, I'd be fine with it. If they fund only Christian schools or show obvious preference it definitely goes against the separation of church and state, I'd be against that.
Listen to what the very Christian politicians have said about the legislation and why they passed it.

Welcome to the other side, comrade. Your antifa tattoo and blue hair dye will arrive in a few weeks.

Jesus is brought up in the first four commandments according to “the trinity” in Christian doctrine. (See: John 1:1)
<WhatIsThis>

You seem to be confused about what is being displayed.

iu

Thats cool but we are talking about public schools being turned into Christian schools.
It is wrong to force the Christian faith on people with other/no faiths. If this thing survive the judicial review
then The Satanic Bible should be hung on the wall as well. Freedom of religion means you include all beliefs. So the Eight Fold Path, laws of Hinduism, Wiccan law and a statue of Molech while we're at it. All belief systems need to be represented.

Thats cool but we are talking about public schools being turned into Christian schools.
It is wrong to force the Christian faith on people with other/no faiths. If this thing survive the judicial review
then The Satanic Bible should be hung on the wall as well. Freedom of religion means you include all beliefs. So the Eight Fold Path, laws of Hinduism, Wiccan law and a statue of Molech while we're at it. All belief systems need to be represented.

Freedom of religion doesn't mean you should force in all beliefs. It means people should be free to practice whatever religion they want to.

Freedom of religion doesn't mean you should force in all beliefs. It means people should be free to practice whatever religion they want to.

Forcing in a beliefs, legally, is the only thing that has kept the Country secular. And I suspect why the Heritage Foundation had a specific goal of packing the judiciary with people they encouraged to become judges and lawyers who otherwise would have become clergy. Because they want a legal system sympathetic to Christofascism. The right ate openly espousing this notion as well with all this "the Country was founded by Christians" and "What's so bad about the Ten Commandments?" language. To the actual Christofascists who pursue power, an electorate that carries that sentiment is a dog whistle to enact laws. You create a climate with apologia for nonsense religious views being turned into common sentiment, as well as persecution complex like Christian sects are ALWAYS constantly whining about, and you have a climate where those in power further blur the line between Church and State to turn the Country into something it was never meant to be, in order to preserve the existing hierarchy. You'll start to see lawmakers say stuff like this:

"But our public schools, in general, do a lot of censorship, lies, and deceit as far as their curriculum that's being taught to the children…

One of the things I found is that we do a lot of censoring in our public schools of our founding documents…

In fact, if you remember, I brought a recommendation forward on one of the education bills to teach that we're founded as a God-given rights, constitutional Republic versus a mob democracy, just encouraging that to be taught to our students. And that was voted down by… the people on the other side of the aisle."

That's from a Minnesota State Senator, Glenn Gruenhagen, who was making the argument that not teaching creationism in public schools is censorship. All these nutbags need is a Court to agree with that.

On a long enough timeline it wont work, at this point nothing will stop the demographic shifts that are happening. It will just make things very miserable along the way with Culture War stupidity among the working class, and accrue more wealth to the elites fueling that fire.

Last edited:
The people who passed this legislation were Christian’s. The Ten Commandments are Christian and from judiasm. Christian’s believe Jesus was god and the Holy Spirit all at the same time.

Thanks for coming To my Ted talk.
The author of the bill itself apparently said she wanted kids to look at this and see god's law lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back