Found a thread on Nike Talk about people wearing MMA clothing

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Solid38, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Solid38

Solid38 Purple Belt

Theres a similar thread on Sherdog about all these people wearing mma clothing that may or may not train mma. I was on Nike Talk forum and theres a thread talking about what people are saying...I though you guys might be interested in reading it since its from people that are NOT members of this forum.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/64167/t/Anyone-else-sick-of-UFC.html

2. crossdx

crossdx level 31

LOL, that's why I still prefer hanging out on Sherdog than on non-MMA forums. At least the douches here are still MMA fans, well most of them anyway, heheh. That's their saving grace. :D

3. Cain Marko

Cain Marko White Belt

I train and I don't wear it. For kickboxing and I'm in a t-shirt/underarmour shirt and nike/jordan shorts. I see no point in buying more shit just so I can look more like a fighter.

4. genejo

genejo White Belt

QFT. shorts and a tshirt ftw

I'd rather spend $50 on a private lesson than mma board shorts.

...says the guy posting in G&E :redface:

5. Cain Marko

Cain Marko White Belt

Hell I hate the fact that my training gloves have UFC written on them. They were the only ones at the Academy by me, but it just screams tool to me.

6. crossdx

crossdx level 31

I used to think that way too, tbh, but now I don't mind supporting the fight wear companies if I had to pick between, say, Nike or Sprawl. If it makes me look more like a 'fighter' to random folks, then so be it.

7. Cain Marko

Cain Marko White Belt

If you had to choose sure, but most people already have some kind of workout clothes for things like no gi, kickboxing, etc. I'm talking about the tools who go out and buy all new Sprawl, Tapout, etc, shit.

8. j-monson

j-monson White Belt

if your in the gym, wear what ever you what. that doesn't bother me any. that is supporting
    the companys of this sport. i wear a pair of american standup shorts and an under armour shirt, or a gi. it's when you see the 5'5" 220lb fat kid at the bar wearing a tapout hoodie, talking about him and his friend slapping each other in the back yard for their "training". thats what pisses me off.

9. GCSD Fighter

GCSD Fighter Red Belt

Like any of the kids wearing Nike Air Jordan's play pro-ball. What difference does it mak? You follow your sport. Simple.

10. Metsudragon**

Metsudragon** Blue Belt

QFMFT!!!! Honestly, If you aren't paying any of my bills, or buying my clothes, I don't give a shit about you thinking I'm a tool or poser.

11. RedDog**

RedDog** Purple Belt

I challenge them to a duel!

12. No Quarter

No Quarter Blue Belt

Here's one for you..

What do you think about guys who you know do not train MMA, BJJ, or any fighting/self defence art, however constantly wear fightgear like SPRAWL, TAPOUT, etc. to the gym.

When I say gym, I mean fitness centre type gym with weightlifting equipment, cardio machines, etc. type gym.

These guys are frequently overheard talking about the UFC, and sometimes you see them in front of the mirrors attempting to throw punches, knees, etc. with absolutely no evidence of any proper training and/or technique.

Does it bother you?

13. crossdx

crossdx level 31

TBH.... no. I'll chat them up, and if they seem interested in training at all, I'll direct them to a proper gym. If not, then I'll just walk away and mind my own business.

14. Michael Davis

Michael Davis Silver Belt Professional Fighter

i buy fight comany stuff...just not affliction, tapout or ufc clothing. I LOVE MY FAIRTEX GLOVES!

15. Symphony-x

Symphony-x White Belt

I just wear and buy what I think looks cool and is comfy, who cares about labels

16. gumby raptor

gumby raptor Orange Belt

It doesn't bother me. They are fans of the sport. To me its really no different then me walking around wearing my Maurice Jones-Drew jersey or my personalized Jacksonville Jaguars jersey. I am a huge fan of the team. My favorite baseball team is the Atlanta Braves, that is the only team i trully route for. But i still have/wear Chicago White Sox and Oakland A's hats, because I think they look cool. It goes for all sports. Another example, I am not really a Hockey fan. Occasionally I go to my cities semi-pro team (Shreveport-Bossier Mudbugs) just for something different to do. But for awhile now ive really been thinking about buying me a replica Buffalo Sabres jersey. why you might ask? Because I think it looks cool.

the only thing that somewhat bothers me is people who lie about training/fighting? Look, it doesn't make you anymore of man if you do or don't. Just dont lie about it.

17. SFinclined

SFinclined Purple Belt

Isn't it cheaper to wear fight gear than Nike shit anyway?

18. Solid38

Solid38 Purple Belt

Soo...i have a question for ALL OF You since we're on this topic about poser and wanna be tough guys wearing mma clothing...

I've been seeing A LOT of fine looking women with big fake tits wearing mma clothing. I know they DON'T train but i see them in mma related shirts and tank tops... Do u also disagree with that too...and are they trying to be posers or wanna be fighters and pretend to be Gina Carano or some other female mma fighter???? Why is it topic seem to only catered to men?

19. Solid38

Solid38 Purple Belt

Soo...i have a question for ALL OF You since we're on this topic about poser and wanna be tough guys wearing mma clothing...

I've been seeing A LOT of fine looking women with big fake tits wearing mma clothing. I know they DON'T train but i see them in mma related shirts and tank tops... Do u also disagree with that too...and are they trying to be posers or wanna be fighters and pretend to be Gina Carano or some other female mma fighter???? Why is it topic seem to only catered to men?

20. richznuttz

richznuttz SCOOTY PUFF JR.

Most of those girls are fighter groupies.