• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Former UFC Title Challenger Michael McDonald Retires After Yet Another Broken Hand

Sad since he is coming off of a big win and he isn't even 30 yet. I'll always remember his KO of Miguel Torres.
knockouts_Michael_McDonald_KTFO_Miguel_Torres_1.gif

when a fighter leaves the ufc its kinda of like they have retired for me. they arent fighting in the biggest org or the best fighters (bar a few) sad but true at least for me. wish him well anyway

Fucking sucks. At one time. He.looked like a future champ.

And he's a real life South Park Canadian.

9215337_g.jpeg

giphy.gif

Faber subbing him was one of the most awesome moments ever.

That being said I feel like we never got to see the best of him, but was still a pretty good fighter.

Damned, that sucks. I really enjoyed his fights, always had high hopes that if everything fell into place he could become one of the bests at his weight class. Such a shame he never seemed to come close to his full potential, but that's how it goes in high-level sports I guess.

31162F18-306D-466B-8D93-64404B9F29E0.jpeg
Age is starting to catch up to him, plus he wasn’t really the same after leaving the Doobie Brothers

I'll never forget the Barao fight when the commentators said to expect Barao/Mcdonald to be at the top of the division (with multiple rematched) for years to come. So sad, injuries derailed what could have been a legendary career.

had a nasty body shot shame hes retiring

Wow this sucks the big bologna. But if he's gonna be working the wood and working on his wife then his hands can't be all fucked up. And at least he has a career post fighting. But he was wrecking mawfawkz to the end so shame we're not gonna see him again.

Good luck to you Mike McD...

May your hands stay healthy, your chisel sharp and your hammer hard...

Enjoy time with the wood, cabinet makers are nearly artists, may you to craft with excellence.

When the bug comes back to fight (and it will) make sure it’s before your 33rd Birthday... it’s all downhill physically past that.

Too bad we didn't get to see him fight for the strap in Bellator. Best of luck to him in his future endeavours.

Back