• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Former UFC Title Challenger Michael McDonald Retires After Yet Another Broken Hand

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Really sucks for the guy. Could never get the issues with that hand sorted. Had like 4-5 breaks throughout his career. It was becoming an every fight issue. Dude hit hard as fuck for a bantamweight.

The one who just beat dantas? Wow..

Damn, wonder if he ever let them completely heal before going full hard hitting again.

Damn. How the times have changed.

I still remember when he had Barao badly rocked twice, was on the brink of winning the BW title..and then he has a brain-fart on the ground and gets choked.

Best of luck to him in his retirement.

He was some fun shit to watch when he was on.

Damn that sucks. I remember when he was real young and fighting Miguel Torres, Renan Barao and Urijah Faber. I think he has a brother who is also a fighter or was. Best of luck to Michael, the guy is a warrior.

I had high hopes for this guy. Really appreciated his tenacity. Best of luck to him in his post-fight career.

Crazy, he's a very good fighter and still young. Only lost to some of the top guys. Better to retire with your health though. Good luck to him.

Mayday was a staple of the smaller weight guys, and when i was really into the WEC he had big hype from fans going into his only fight for the company. He had a slick ass armbar at WEC 52 (a great card for all you fightpass folks to watch if you get bored). Always a fun fighter to watch and hit like a LW. Have a great retirement

He’s still young no ?

The way he flattned Torres was horrific

Still remember this like it was yesterday.
Devastating KO. Couldn't believe it.

knockouts_Michael_McDonald_KTFO_Miguel_Torres_2.gif

McDonald hits hard as fuck. Very nice guy. Always rooted for him.
With enough time off I'm sure we might see him back.

That really sucks, dude had a ton of talent, and had so much more to give to the sport at only 27.

Best of luck to Mayday

Didn't he retire at the end of his last fight weeks ago?

Sad to hear. Was on the cusp of greatness before that 3 year lay off.

Sorry for him. Also sorry for myself that I won't get to watch him fight Caldwell.

Kid shouldn’t retire.

Just stoping jerking it and fuck your lady. Hand will be good in no time.

Damn, kid can't catch a break...too soon?

Back