Former GOAT gets caught. See any similarity's with road cyling?

Anderson and Armstrong show a lot of similarity's in the sense they still feel they are legit champions and they were wronged by others. Even pointing at others before getting caught themselves. Makes me think anyone can be juicing. ;)

By the way, is Anderson now stripped of all his past accomplishments like Armstrong? I still think Chris Leben could've won that fight, were it not for Andersons out-of-school activities. Does this mean Leben is now GOAT?

In some peoples minds he has been. In my mind this was the first fight he cheated. At the tail end of a long career with a hideous injury. It does however taint him and imo it removes him from the number 1 spot to number 2. Fedor is the goat.

I have a close friend on the Olympic badminton squad, and he uses PEDs.

Badminton.

Not surprised. Look at football. Guys like Cristiano Ronaldo are completely shredded. Massive physical changes yet PEDs are never mentioned in football. Bizarre.

tiro-de-misericordia-anderson-silva-tambem-caiu-no-antidoping-pos-ufc-183.jpg
???

Anderson Silva thought him getting caught was a joke just like he acts like a joker in the ring. Now, he knows what it means to be serious.

Not surprised. Look at football. Guys like Cristiano Ronaldo are completely shredded. Massive physical changes yet PEDs are never mentioned in football. Bizarre.

Every competitive sports where doping can give you an advantage will have some sort of abuse, I guess. We are acting like the spotlights are on MMA but biking is 10 times as worse, testing abnormal and well it has completely changed the past few years. Wonder what would happen to MMA. I for one don't enjoy biking as much as I used to. Always the talking about doping, lack of honesty and so on.

Also remember Rothwell being caught not so long ago. He freaking pointed at Cain said he would be a changed fighter with that extra more serious testing. LMAO. Seriously, so many hypocrites in the sport. Or Bigfoot claiming Overeem was created in the lab (he himself was caught twice). So fighters pointing their fingers at abusers, I don't trust them, especially when you look at it like that even the guys that have been caught still tend to point the finger. Everybody and nobody is doing it.

As for football. I think Ronaldo is that vain,that he would do that extra work to get things done.

Last edited:
Gsp can't be in Goat discussions competing like he's scared to death .... Combat sports are entertainment as well

Entertainment is subjective - some folks like rock and hate jazz, some folks hate rock and like jazz. People disagree about the music they like, the food they like, the movies they like, the books they like.

What isn't subjective, and what counts, is how many tickets you sell. And GSP is number two in that behind Lesnar. Meaning more people found him entertaining enough to shell out for a PPV than any other fighter but Lesnar.

For my part, Fedor's fights were a lot more entertaining than GSP's, but that's my subjective opinion, and is irrelevant - I'd be curious about how many PPV's Fedor sold in Pride, whether it was more than GSP's PPV numbers. I suspect it might be.

In terms of PED's, MMA is very forgiving. In most sports you're disqualified for years, and all your past records are expunged (Ben Johnson failed the test at the '88 Olympics, but his world championships and world record from 1987 were taken away from him, because the assumption is if you fail now, you've been using all along). MMA doesn't wipe out past records and championships for failing a test.

Armstrong was never the cycling goat.

If not him, who? Merckx?

This. Armstrong only ever won the Tour. You cant be the all time greatest cyclist only winning one race.

Bartali - Tour and Giro
Merckx - Tour, Vuelta, Giro, 3 World Championships, numerous 1 day races.
Coppi - Tour, Giro, World Championships, Milan san Remo, Paris Roubaix
Gimondi, All three grand tours, and Paris Roubaix
Anquetil - All three grand tours, first to win all three
Hinault - All three grand tours, paris roubaix, liege, worlds

All of those were ahead of armstrong, even before he was stripped.

(of course, they all doped to varying degrees as well. )

Doesn't matter andy is still a GOAT to me.
anderson_silva_by_pauloeugenio-d4ryxl5.jpg

yeah, its an interesting idea

you know what i would really like? some tristar guy getting caught

not gsp, it would probably be a huge blow to the sport. but just a single tristar guy would just put a huge question mark on everyone there

You seem to want the only gym that never pissed hot to get caught... out of sheer hate. Funny.

I think the fact that no one from that gym ever get caught juicing speaks a lot about the legimitimacy of that gym.

Bolded for emphasis. Merckx was a serial PED abuser. Coppi was a pioneer in the use of doping. Gimondi failed drug tests at least twice to my knowledge. Anquetil ran from a doping test. etc...

So maybe Indurain? 5 times Tour, 2 times Giro, Olympic gold. Never caught, though was suspected.

True, but its also fair to say, with the exception of Anquetil, none of them matched Armstrong for level of total arseholeness

Indurain - Conconi (along with Roche and topically a certain track athlete allegedly)

Should have been "former GOAT candidate" but yeah.

You seem to want the only gym that never pissed hot to get caught... out of sheer hate. Funny.

I think the fact that no one from that gym ever get caught juicing speaks a lot about the legimitimacy of that gym.

well, it always has the first time

True, but its also fair to say, with the exception of Anquetil, none of them matched Armstrong for level of total arseholeness

Indurain - Conconi (along with Roche and topically a certain track athlete allegedly)

why armstrong was an asshole?

unless youre basing it all because he got caught cheating

why armstrong was an asshole?

unless youre basing it all because he got caught cheating
Dude, he is basing that off of what Armstrong did before and after he got caught. He pretty much lined up his own lab and sort of made others part of it. If they were going to say anything about his using he would literally destroy them, he said. And he tried that to one of the wives. Armstrong has got to be one of the biggest arseholes sports as ever delivered us. Scary man. Dexter type of scary if you understand what I mean, anti-social behavior and a total narcist.

Dude, he is basing that off of what Armstrong did before and after he got caught. He pretty much lined up his own lab and sort of made others part of it. If they were going to say anything about his using he would literally destroy them, he said. And he tried that to one of the wives. Armstrong has got to be one of the biggest arseholes sports as ever delivered us. Scary man. Dexter type of scary if you understand what I mean, anti-social behavior and a total narcist.

but why would you expose him as a PED user?

and if try to you fuck up someone's life, its expected some retaliation, dont you think?

and i dont know exactly what happened and to what extent, but it doesnt seem that unreasonable what you said

Back